TFC 2020 Season

Big_M

TFC improved once Endoh was removed - even though Mullins didn't seem to know how to hang on to the ball he was still a vast improvement over Endoh. Mind you if Greg Vanney or Jason Bent came off the coaching staff to step on to the field they would have been a vast improvement over Endoh tonight. 

Priso did very well but so did Fraser as his replacement- they each did plenty of what Bradley can't do anymore which is to win the ball in midfield. Nelson continues to look good, can't understand how Endoh is getting starts over him.

I was going to say the same thing about Endoh, replace him with a fence post and the offense would be better.  With mullins in there the whole attack changed.  Kind of an addition by subtraction.  Priso didnt look like a teenager and even Zavs put in a good shift (better than Ciman).  But AKinola and Laryea with 2 huge solo efforts beat the expansion team.  Hopefully it builds the confidence back up for the playoff run.  

37 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

For all the critics, TFC has had some solid CanCon tonight.   Akinola, Priso, Laryea, Mullins, Fraser and Nelson.  Mostly from the bench but not bad.  

The current Cancon crop might be the best TFC has ever had.

17 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

TFC improved once Endoh was removed - even though Mullins didn't seem to know how to hang on to the ball he was still a vast improvement over Endoh. Mind you if Greg Vanney or Jason Bent came off the coaching staff to step on to the field they would have been a vast improvement over Endoh tonight. 

Priso did very well but so did Fraser as his replacement- they each did plenty of what Bradley can't do anymore which is to win the ball in midfield. Nelson continues to look good, can't understand how Endoh is getting starts over him.

Yes.  In the past we have been critical of Endoh for his decision making, play making, and overall skills.  But at least you would notice him out there.  Tonight,  the only reason i know he played was because i looked at the starting lineup. 

Laryea’s defensive abilities are getting overshadowed by his offenisve skills.  I think he is as good defensively as he is when he is comming forward.  Smart play to draw the foul even though i thought it was a bad call by the ref.

Edited by Free kick

2 minutes ago, Free kick said:

The current Cancon crop might be the best TFC has ever had.

I think that goes without question.  Laryea is being talked about as one of the top RB in the league.  WIth all the injuries, all Osorio does this year is slot over into the middle and play Bradleys spot better than he does, he is damn near my MVP for this year.  IF...IF Akinola is CDN, he is a top young striker (never had that at TFC), Fraser, Nelsen and now Priso are decent options off the bench.  And Okello and Dunn got loaned out..so it could have been better.  Shame to see some of Vanney's stiffs holding back the younger guys.  

Miami and Nashville are an interesting case study.  Saw Nashville play Montreal a few days ago. I Discoverred that there was a CND kid who started (went 90 mins) for them and played a really good game.  Other than that,  right at this moment, i could not name any other player (ok Lovitz maybe) on that team.  Miami, on the other hand, has multiple players who would be familiar to anyone who follows the game internationally.   Nashville is going to make the playoffs and Miami look like one of the two or three worst teams in the league.  Go figure.

Edited by Free kick

quick look at coach says a lot..gary smith won an mls cup with colorado..and they got plenty of known mls players like zimmerman whose departure is one of the reasons of the downfall of lafc and one of the best acquisitions of the off season..and the always quality dax mccarty

12 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

endoh has 0 goals and 0 assist in 16 games this season. he has no business playing. 

it was a good win when you consider they only had 1 DP vs basically 4 DPs for Miami

The weakness in TFC is the lack of wingers behind Piatti. Endoh hasnt produced, Deleon isnt a winger, Shaffleburg is one dimensional, Nelson is 17 or whatever and Gallardo is the biggest bust in TFC history imo. 

They need to sign a right footed left winger DP type (hopefully Jozy is gone) or PIatti moves to TAM. I heard there will be 3 young DP slots so maybe they will sign a young south american. 

41 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

endoh has 0 goals and 0 assist in 16 games this season. he has no business playing

it was a good win when you consider they only had 1 DP vs basically 4 DPs for Miami

The weakness in TFC is the lack of wingers behind Piatti. Endoh hasnt produced, Deleon isnt a winger, Shaffleburg is one dimensional, Nelson is 17 or whatever and Gallardo is the biggest bust in TFC history imo. 

They need to sign a right footed left winger DP type (hopefully Jozy is gone) or PIatti moves to TAM. I heard there will be 3 young DP slots so maybe they will sign a young south american. 

That is a very damning stat, there are other options including Nelson or even moving Laryea up to the wing, Patti is noticeably missing and it changes the way the team plays! I don't think Nelson, Shaffleburg or Laryea can not be an an improvement on Endoh, it is late in the season and Vanney has had his chance to give other options a decent shot in the role yet he sticks with Endoh who really is not the answer!