The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

13 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Bayern are on the beach and playing for a lame duck, Hoffenheim were playing for Europe.

Not surprising to me.

I’m just talking shit. Nice to see Davies rise to the opportunity 3 straight weeks when he’s allowed to play a bit more free though.

With the loss, Bayern miss out on what would’ve been a probable Super Cup appearance, meaning Harry Kane will go 0/4 in trophies during his first season at Bayern. Astonishing feat to be honest. 

2 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

He has which is why I want him at the Bernabeu in a Real Madrid shirt...it is time for a new challenge 

Where’s Davies’ place at Madrid when they’ll have Vini, Mbappe, and also Endrick? At least with Bayern, they’re deficient on the left, more opportunity for Davies to establish himself. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, narduch said:

Inverted obviously 

What is so great is that he is shooting with his right more and more, which suggests if he's inverted, he can still get to the endline and cross in with his wrong foot. Essential skill to have if most of your attack will turn in onto your good foot.

Here are full highlights, finally got to watch. Neuer was a total disaster, I think Germany have to seriously consider putting Ter Stegen in goal. He does not have the same winning mentality, nor the leadership, but he has the skill set and Neuer is in serious decadence.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

What is so great is that he is shooting with his right more and more, which suggests if he's inverted, he can still get to the endline and cross in with his wrong foot. Essential skill to have if most of your attack will turn in onto your good foot.

Here are full highlights, finally got to watch. Neuer was a total disaster, I think Germany have to seriously consider putting Ter Stegen in goal. He does not have the same winning mentality, nor the leadership, but he has the skill set and Neuer is in serious decadence.

Agree about Neuer. It's not often that one can accurately say in a top-flight match that 75% of the goals allowed were primarily the fault of the keeper, but one can on this occasion.

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Inverted obviously 

That certainly is an option as Madrid's attack is all from the left. Even Bellingham drifts to the left, probably to link up with Vini. Rodrygo/Davies on the right with KMB at Centre would give them a more balanced attack. 

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Where’s Davies’ place at Madrid when they’ll have Vini, Mbappe, and also Endrick? At least with Bayern, they’re deficient on the left, more opportunity for Davies to establish himself. 

Endrick is a striker, or at least that's where I have seen him play for Brazil.

On 5/18/2024 at 6:10 PM, Kadenge said:

That certainly is an option as Madrid's attack is all from the left. Even Bellingham drifts to the left, probably to link up with Vini. Rodrygo/Davies on the right with KMB at Centre would give them a more balanced attack. 

Davies to Real Madrid is just so mouth watering

On 5/20/2024 at 9:27 AM, GasPed said:

Reposting the Hoffenheim - Bayern highlights for those who can't see due to geoblock.  Davies hockey assist starts at 0:50, Davies goal at 1:50.  Note on the goal he starts his run from inside Bayern's half.

From what I've seen of him before, he could have started his run in Norway.

I'm still blocked, but thank you for your effort.

On 5/20/2024 at 9:27 AM, GasPed said:

Is there a point where Bayern places a call to Wilfrid Nancy? Because if their net is being cast wide enough to consider the coach of a club that was just relegated, might as well check in on one of the best managers outside of Europe. Either you look like a genius, or you fire him as soon as Klopp becomes available. 

4 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Is there a point where Bayern places a call to Wilfrid Nancy? Because if their net is being cast wide enough to consider the coach of a club that was just relegated, might as well check in on one of the best managers outside of Europe. Either you look like a genius, or you fire him as soon as Klopp becomes available. 

No. He's a great coach, but a no-name on that side of the Atlantic.