Costa Rica vs Canada: Match Thread

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, beachesl said:

Well we hung on at the end. Should be enough. only way not to proceeed would be to lose heavily on goals by Hondurass

We'd probably still advance, I'll be it face USA B or Mexico B

Piette and Arfield are a fantastic pairing. Both very comfortable on the ball and can really get around the pitch. Ditto for Kaye, although I would like to see better execution on his passing, but he was very important today. Junior had a pretty good game. The backline did what they had to. Really like how Petrasso can go forward. 

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

Would have liked to see the win but realistically a point is not so bad. I hope Davies ankle is not too serious.

The way he was walking, I think it was more precautionary.  Which is smart for a kid like that.  Not sure if he will start Friday, but I think we will see him again in the group.

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

The way he was walking, I think it was more precautionary.  Which is smart for a kid like that.  Not sure if he will start Friday, but I think we will see him again in the group.

He was probably bound to come off at some point tonight anyway.

This was also not a B Costa Rica squad, lots of people had them as favourites. Should be happy with this point.

1 Piette unreal game.

2 Our slow centre backs surprised me and played well minus the corners. 

3 our full backs mostly shut down the 5-3-2 

4 Davies is a God hopefully he's okay

5 Arfield is what we needed 

6 Bernier fresh legs next game 

7 Most typical Borjan game ever, unreal saves but bobbles a cross 

8 Kaye got his run at it and didn't look as bad as I thought, hopefully gets a look from MLS teams 

9 Im excited 

Archived