Costa Rica vs Canada: Match Thread

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Jackson-Hamel is not a starter yet. Cavallini solidified his spot in my eyes

I'm not sure what Cavallini would have done differently than AJH in that half. By the looks of his physique, I don't think Cavallini would have had the stamina for 3 starts in 7 days either.

Quick half thoughts:

-Davies, not much to say. So calm in front of goal. 

-Arfield, what a player. 

-Petrasso is quickly going to become a fan favourite. I love his composure on the ball. 

-As usual, where would be without Borjan?

I'll take the scoreline but we are giving the ball away way too cheaply, especially in our own half. 

We can win this game, just need to settle down on the ball. 

20 minutes ago, BCM1555362349 said:

In the eyes of FS1 we went from total crap to "the next great team" with one goal. These guys are clueless about our team.

Whatever, no matter what they say they are crap because they are American announcers , please give it a break with this constant American bashing it's getting a bit boring now!

4 minutes ago, dsqpr said:

I hope everybody noticed Petrasso's significant contribution to our goal.

When he opted not to back pass and made that run immediately I knew something was gonna happen. That is a perfect example of positive football, any other right back we've had would have passed back.

I'm encouraged with the way Canada is playing hard and not backing off and letting Costa Rica have a lot of possession. Adekube and Petrasso are good additions. Both look confident. We're trying to go toe to toe with the Ticos. We may not end up getting the result we want but I'd rather see them play this way than trying not to lose. 

3 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I'm not sure what Cavallini would have done differently than AJH in that half. By the looks of his physique, I don't think Cavallini would have had the stamina for 3 starts in 7 days.

More hold up play more headaches for their CBs more combination with the rest...but okay let him come on m 55-60 and do all that. 

2 minutes ago, 1996 said:

Whatever, no matter what they say they are crap because they are American announcers , please give it a break with this constant American bashing it's getting a bit boring now!

This the 3rd or 4th announcing crew as well....studio crew I thought was fair in the halftime thoughts

Archived