Costa Rica vs Canada: Match Thread

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

I'll have to see it again, but I don't think the scorer was his man. 

Yeah, on first view I thought it was Adekube's man who scored, but on second look, I believe Vitoria lost his man and got caught in the middle of nowhere, which is why Adekube let up 

1 minute ago, dsqpr said:

It was Vitoria who jumped with him. But our defence at corners is so chaotic I can't work out who is watching who.

If you watch the replay Vitoria was lining up to make the clearance the whole way. Just misjudged his leap or didn't have the hops.

Just now, dsqpr said:

It was Vitoria who jumped with him. But our defence at corners is so chaotic I can't work out who is watching who.

We zonal mark.. so we basically toss Vitoria in the centre and hope the ball comes close enough. That didn't happen there.

3 minutes ago, dsqpr said:

It looks like zonal marking but no one likes to attack the ball.  I say "like" because it seemed like Adekugbe was man marking on other corners

11 minutes ago, 1996 said:

Whatever, no matter what they say they are crap because they are American announcers , please give it a break with this constant American bashing it's getting a bit boring now!

That's the first comment I've ever made about American announcers, mate. What are you talking about? And the quote was in fact, a quote...

2 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

From a techinical standpoint I haven't seen a more skilled Canada team in my time. Not trying to overrate our team but man in 2015 our players couldn't control the ball.

Having a RB that knows how to make runs and knows what to do with the ball really helps the whole team out.

Archived