2015 TFC Season

Ruffian

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Delgado is going to win the other winger position from Warner when Bradley comes back.  He's a nice looking young and dynamic player but I think his best spot is as a winger and not a central midfielder.

A full strength TFC with Osorio, Cheyrou, Bradley and Delgado in the midfield has to be considered one of the best in the league.  TFC's midfield and forwards are shaping up to be contender quality.  Too bad the central defense remains porous.

I don't think that midfield is that good, Bradley and a pretty average colletion of players with Osorio and Cheyro being slightly the pick of the bunch. Toronto seems to have a lot of players who are probably MLS quality but would be at the end of the bench for most teams. This off-season calls for another mini-cull and getting a couple more starter-quality players. How many center backs do they have for example, and maybe one or two you would trust as starters? It's getting ridiculous, but some of the players may make a core for a better USL team next year.

Yeah, Chapman had his best moment so far when he did that run down the opposition's goal line. When I saw that, I was like "That's more like it mother fucker..."

He probably read my prior posts on this thread and the Canadian players thread. He needed a splash of cold water. I will get the best out of our youth players with my motivational berating. :D

@ Dub

Cheyrou >>>> Bradley

Just finished watching the friendly with Sunderlad. I really enjoyed it as it was mostly Canadians playing. Lots if youth players who didn't look out of place. Mannella finished the match with the armband and I thought he looked pretty good. Was really composed and linked well with his team mates.

I use to hates these, but since the Tottenham match last season, I have really enjoyed them due to the high can con.

There was one particular moment in the Sunderland game where Chapman pulls off a backheel to start off the fast break, and that's when I realized why he was such a big deal this offseason. He looked very good tonight against Premier League players (if you count Sunderland as a PL team ;) ).  I actually thought we were a much superior team for most of the game and Defoe just kind of took advantage of a rookie back line on his only chances.

Off topic but the Sunderland fans in the stream chat were some of the most rude and ignorant people I've ever conversed with. They also seem to think Toronto is in the USA.

Off topic but the Sunderland fans in the stream chat were some of the most rude and ignorant people I've ever conversed with. They also seem to think Toronto is in the USA.

That's not just Sunderland supporters, most English supporters have an air of superiority when it comes to football. Especially when they think the US is involved. I am also not surprised by they lack of geographical knowledge. I see a lot of people in England refer to Mexico as South America.

Anyone who says that Chris Mannella doesn't have a ton of potential is absolutely crazy.

Also very curious to see how Luca Uccello develops, barely 18 and already getting serious minutes for TFC2. Just think for a minute that he is eligible for Japan 2020.

I've definitely liked some of the play I've seen from Uccello. Looks to have a decent ammount of pace and moves well without the ball.

Another interesting thing from last night was Aparicio was played at RB for part of the match. Didn't look great or terrible but could be an interesting option.

Uccello is an exciting prospect!

Aparicio at RB would be a move I would like to see them try. I've not watched him a whole lot but I've seen enough of him to wonder in the back of my head why he seems to have so much hype around him (being signed by TFC so young and receiving MNT calls). When you watch him you can see glimpses of his game that are exciting but he's never really impressed me during a game like a lot of the other kids his age have (Boakai, Bustos, Uccello, ect...) . I think a switch to RB would be good for both him and Canada. 

I kinda agree with you on Aparicio. I remember when he first signed with TFC, I didn't think he was one if the best players playing in the senior academy squad. After a few years of not seeing live, I saw him with the u20s against England and thought he was great. Since then I've seen some good and bad from him. I think there is something there, but I don't see any consistency from him.

Just finished watching the friendly with Sunderlad. I really enjoyed it as it was mostly Canadians playing. Lots if youth players who didn't look out of place. Mannella finished the match with the armband and I thought he looked pretty good. Was really composed and linked well with his team mates.

I use to hates these, but since the Tottenham match last season, I have really enjoyed them due to the high can con.

Seeing that he didn't suit up for TFC2's games last night, he's probably going to be in the game-squad for Toronto tonight. Unless he picked up an injury of course but he haven't heard anything about it. 

With Bradley still at the Oro, maybe a chance for Manella to make his MLS debut?

Yeah didn't look good at all. I think non of it was down to the goalkeeper. Missing Morgan Bloom Hagglund and with Caldwell gone the level has dropped considerably. Hoping that Moroccan international will prove to be an upgrade.

Still ties away and winning at home is enough to reach the PO's. And don't forget this was a strong opponent.

Wow that 3 man back line looked horrible.  I'm stunned that Vanney would play that kind of lineup with Kamara and Finley on the other side.  Hopefully Morgan can come back quickly and Kantari can be a contributor sooner rather than later because we really need the help on the backline.

Just to add the obvious- Finley is such a great winger.  I'm stunned the US hasn't cap tied him and hope that the "issues" get resolved so he could represent Canada.  He's so good to watch.

Archived