2015 TFC Season

Ruffian

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 points = perfect.  I saw John Molinaro on twitter saying we need 12... obviously didn't get too far in mathematics.  9 points in 7 road games = GOLD.

Honestly if we had 7 draws we would have 7 points and ppl would call it a success.  Fickle Toronto sports world.

Of course it's not at all bad. Thing is, they have to cash in on those homegames now. Can't be giving up them late goals and drawing ties at home too much.

It was him with Nic Dasovic

Yes, he's back in the soccer announcing biz.

I couldn't watch it live where I was  because the basic cable package there didn't have TSN 4.  TSN 2 was showing Aussie rules during  that time. 

9 points = perfect.  I saw John Molinaro on twitter saying we need 12... obviously didn't get too far in mathematics.  9 points in 7 road games = GOLD.

Honestly if we had 7 draws we would have 7 points and ppl would call it a success.  Fickle Toronto sports world.

12 would have been better, but not sure why he would have said "needed" - needed for what, a shot at first place overall? With 9 points they are currently in a playoff spot with games in hand on most teams (except Montreal) and almost half their road schedule done and all of their home games still to come. With two expansion teams in the east, 6 teams making the playoffs and Philly looking poor, the only way I see TFC not making the playoffs at this point is if Montreal turns things around big time this season. They certainly have enough games in hand on everyone to help do it.

Yes, he's back in the soccer announcing biz.

I couldn't watch it live where I was  because the basic cable package there didn't have TSN 4.  TSN 2 was showing Aussie rules during  that time. 

As far as I know, everywhere in Ontario has TSN4 as the primary TSN channel, other than perhaps Ottawa, Kingston ... and maybe Kenora.

So presumably you weren't anywhere near Toronto for this game.

The schedule should be a big benefit for TFC with 6 0f their last 8 games at home and their two away games are in Montreal and New York, they should be well rested for the playoffs.   The concern for Montréal is the # of games they will have to play in the 2nd half of the season.

The schedule should be a big benefit for TFC with 6 0f their last 8 games at home and their two away games are in Montreal and New York, they should be well rested for the playoffs.   The concern for Montréal is the # of games they will have to play in the 2nd half of the season.

I had to check which New York team and luckily it is the lesser of the two.

how bad do Findley and Jackson have to play for Vanney to realize he should sit them.

I know he scored the winner in the opening game and maybe he's had some other positive things happen in matches I've missed but I've been pretty disappointed with what I've seen of  Findley's overall contributions.  Too many giveaways, especially with his first touch.  And at $250 K of cap, right now that looks like a poor piece of business.

Findley just isn't a winger and he isn't the player he used to be. Jackson was probably the most frustrating player to watch against Houston, he has no composure, the amount of times that he had time to take the ball down and keep possession but instead chose to clear the ball back to the Dynamo back line was ridiculous. He was a big reason we didn't have more time on the ball in the first half. He also has basically no vision to pick a pass. Issey and Oduro are better players and should have been kept instead. I think we should play Kaye or another TFC 2 player on the wing instead against Man City, just to see what we have there for the future because these guys are not the answer. 

Its deja-vu over and over again with this team. Management never learns.

Bezbechenko and Vanney have to go if this team will ever be great. Bez has done a poor job building this team. And Vanney is simply out of his depth.

The last few games that TFC won, they played much more conservatively and then a few moments of individual brilliance from its stars lead to wins. But against an established, well-organized, better coached side TFC was exposed. How do you let your opponent control the play at your home opener? It wasn't until Houston got a 2-goal lead and took their foot off the pedal that TFC looked any good.

Its ok though, the new playoff format will most likely save TFC's ass this year.

Than there's the Bradley issue. He is a total waste of money. That being said I think I'd like to see how he plays under a real coach before I write him off.

I figured this match would give me an idea about what TFC has to offer this year. It does not look good for TFC supporters. The last 2 victories were against 2 weak teams so Vanney will be gone sooner than later if this keeps up. 

The same is true for Montreal's Klopas but at least he wants to win the Voyager's Cup. Looking forward to this Wednesday's match.

There is a worrying lack of winger-depth in midfield, exacerbated right now that there is a right-back who is playing out of position and so can't cross the ball in from the right unless he stops, turns back and crosses with his left foot - which usually removes any speed advantage. With Lovitz stinking up the joint the other day I can see why they don't want to give him a chance but they need new attacking options on the wings for depth purposes. Finley isn't cutting it, Osorio can't play both wings at the same time (and will play neither for TFC during the Gold Cup) and Jackson is only really effective defensively, same with Creavalle.

That was certainly a game for Bradley to forget about - not sure if he was tired from having been wasted as a starter against Montreal a few days before, but the DP's aren't supposed to be almost single-handedly costing teams games at home (or even on the road). However, he at least admitted he was to blame so I will give him credit for that.

There is a worrying lack of winger-depth in midfield, exacerbated right now that there is a right-back who is playing out of position and so can't cross the ball in from the right unless he stops, turns back and crosses with his left foot - which usually removes any speed advantage. With Lovitz stinking up the joint the other day I can see why they don't want to give him a chance but they need new attacking options on the wings for depth purposes. Finley isn't cutting it, Osorio can't play both wings at the same time (and will play neither for TFC during the Gold Cup) and Jackson is only really effective defensively, same with Creavalle.

That was certainly a game for Bradley to forget about - not sure if he was tired from having been wasted as a starter against Montreal a few days before, but the DP's aren't supposed to be almost single-handedly costing teams games at home (or even on the road). However, he at least admitted he was to blame so I will give him credit for that.

Bang on.

It's clear what the issues are, De Vos pointed them out during the broadcast; Bradley is playing out of position and trying to do to much on his own. Gio and Altidore are wasted if no one can get them the ball.

Jackson, Hagglund and Findley can't be starters, they're just not good enough at the moment.

Bang on.

It's clear what the issues are, De Vos pointed them out during the broadcast; Bradley is playing out of position and trying to do to much on his own. Gio and Altidore are wasted if no one can get them the ball.

Jackson, Hagglund and Findley can't be starters, they're just not good enough at the moment.

^ So true yet somehow they start ahead of Osorio, who is much better even know he's played out of position.

That game yesterday was just horrible, cringe worth football, and I've seen my fair share.

Through all the coaching changes, all the player changes and stadium changes, there remains one constant among it all. 

TFC's lack lustre, uninspiring, zero creativity, none structured, failure to string more then two passes together, pass it backwards first policy, play shitty americans, anti-attacking style. 

Yes, it was strange to see Toronto come out of the gate so poorly. Houston is not a good team this year but they always seem to beat Toronto at BMO.

Doesn't a 4-3-2-1 make sense for this team?

Morrow Hagglund Perquis Morgan

Bradley Warner Cheyrou

Osorio/Jackson Giovinco

Altidore

That seems reasonable to me with Warner never allowed to cross the half-way line. I heard a great line about MLS that teams are only as good as their worst players. Toronto has too many mediocre-at-best and average-at-best players combined with some very strong players.

In addition, American Soccer Analysis, the best MLS analysis site in existence, consistently rates Bendik as the worst keeper in the league. I would keep Konopka in goal.

Oooops:

Hydro One firing employee involved in vulgar incident at Toronto FC game
Men who shouted at CityNews reporter will be barred from all MLSE events for at least a year.

By: Lauren Pelley Staff Reporter, Published on Tue May 12 2015

Hydro One is firing a Sunshine List employee involved in a vulgar incident with a CityNews reporter at Sunday’s Toronto FC game.

Full Story >>

Archived