2015 TFC Season

Ruffian

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this club is run by Americans now (Coach, assistant coaches, GM and President are all Americans).    So you're going to see a lot of American players in their prime (since they count as domestic) until young Canadian players develop enough they can become regular starters and/or CSA increase Canadian slot.   

I personally believe this is just short term pain, but long term gain for Canadian players on this club.   There's plenty of talent in TFC academy and local soccer that will end up replacing guys like Creavalle in the future.    Plus, we're going to see more Canadian players coming from NCAA who will end up with TFC (but start with TFC2).     

Well, this club is run by Americans now (Coach, assistant coaches, GM and President are all Americans).    So you're going to see a lot of American players in their prime (since they count as domestic) until young Canadian players develop enough they can become regular starters and/or CSA increase Canadian slot.   

I personally believe this is just short term pain, but long term gain for Canadian players on this club.   There's plenty of talent in TFC academy and local soccer that will end up replacing guys like Creavalle in the future.    Plus, we're going to see more Canadian players coming from NCAA who will end up with TFC (but start with TFC2).     

I agree if you look at everyone who was sent down they are either in their teens or early 20's so unlikely to be starting anyways. Personally I'd much rather they get loaned out to TFC II to get starting minutes than sit on the bench for the first squad. Then in a couple seasons we will likely see a lot more Canadians with TFC so have some patience building this kind of thing doesn't happen overnight.

I don't disagree that loaning players out to get some game time before returning to the first team is a great option available now. The issue for me is TFC still hasn't got nearly enough Canadian content for my liking. This "won't happen overnight' and "soon more Canadians will be playing" attitude is farcical when this is TFC's 9th season and it has started with only one Canadian who looks like he could contribute every week. That isn't good enough. 

I don't disagree that loaning players out to get some game time before returning to the first team is a great option available now. The issue for me is TFC still hasn't got nearly enough Canadian content for my liking. This "won't happen overnight' and "soon more Canadians will be playing" attitude is farcical when this is TFC's 9th season and it has started with only one Canadian who looks like he could contribute every week. That isn't good enough. 

Problem with TFC is that they never had stable management/coaches in their history.   This is reason why TFC got high player turnover (including Canadians), but TFC have always given Canadian players opportunity to play for first team which Stephen Hart even acknowledged that during an interview where he criticize other Canadian teams for not giving Canadians more playing time.   So I think it's unfair to criticize TFC when comes treatment of Canadian players.  

Problem with TFC is that they never had stable management/coaches in their history.   This is reason why TFC got high player turnover (including Canadians), but TFC have always given Canadian players opportunity to play for first team which Stephen Hart even acknowledged that during an interview where he criticize other Canadian teams for not giving Canadians more playing time.   So I think it's unfair to criticize TFC when comes treatment of Canadian players.  

This, plus the fact they recently sold their best product so far. 

Why should TFC get away with only having one consistently contributing Canadian because they have given players a chance in the past? In the past they deserved credit and I gave it to them. This season isn't good enough and they deserve to be criticized for it.

Why should TFC get away with only having one consistently contributing Canadian because they have given players a chance in the past? In the past they deserved credit and I gave it to them. This season isn't good enough and they deserve to be criticized for it.

Fair enough, but you got to realize we lost starting Canadian player to EPL team while other senior Canadian players were traded or left/retire(?)   

When comes to Canadian players, this is rebuilding season for TFC.   Hopefully next season (better yet, this summer with one of kids stepping up), we will have more Canadian players who can contribute consistently for first team.  

Right now, there's a demand for CB, RB, DM(?) and winger on this club.   Issey is one guy I would like to sign with TFC, but I think he doesn't want to return to TFC though.  Not sure who else is available out there that can fill TFC needs that is Canadian.  

TFC must be like a pscho ex for Issey by this point, the league itself even more so. What would a guy like REB bring to the table, I wonder?

TFC has plenty of depth up front unless REB can play at wing.

I think biggest need right now is starting CB and RB for TFC.   We all know there is no such thing as Canadian RB, so it comes  down to CB, but I am not sure who is out there that can step into starting CB role for TFC though.   Right now, TFC is missing Henry who will be ideal CB  for us.   Maybe West Ham can loan him back to us?    

I think biggest need right now is starting CB and RB for TFC.   We all know there is no such thing as Canadian RB, so it comes  down to CB, but I am not sure who is out there that can step into starting CB role for TFC though.   Right now, TFC is missing Henry who will be ideal CB  for us.   Maybe West Ham can loan him back to us?    

I like Bloom at RB. Looks like he hurt himself in training though so Creavalle will continue there. And at CB while we do have Zavaleta and Hagglund to back up Perquis and Caldwell, I still don't feel safe at CB.

We need to convince Edgar to switch to MLS

Fair enough, but you got to realize we lost starting Canadian player to EPL team while other senior Canadian players were traded or left/retire(?)   

When comes to Canadian players, this is rebuilding season for TFC.   Hopefully next season (better yet, this summer with one of kids stepping up), we will have more Canadian players who can contribute consistently for first team.  

Right now, there's a demand for CB, RB, DM(?) and winger on this club.   Issey is one guy I would like to sign with TFC, but I think he doesn't want to return to TFC though.  Not sure who else is available out there that can fill TFC needs that is Canadian.

Of course I realize the retirements and sale/trades of canadian players. I also realize that TFC management knew for at least a year (though likely even longer if you think about it) that those same players would be on their way out (Bekker aside maybe) so they had more than enough time to find Canadian replacements. I get that they may not have wanted/needed direct replacements position wise, but canadian content-wise I argue they should have.

I agree about the turnover being an issue, but IMO that should not mean they get a free pass.

Archived