2015 TFC Season

Ruffian

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How ridiculous is it that Michael Bradley missed this match to play a 3rd place game?

You make 7 million a year "captain".  Get your ass home.

Would a Canadian be allowed to miss a MLS game for a 3rd place match?  No chance, we have a hard enough time getting players for group stage matches.  

The TFC keeper/center back/right back situation is one of the worst in the league for sure. Hopefully the new signing helps a little bit but they need to clear out Bendik next year and find a solid player for that spot. They also don't need Simonin AND Hagglund AND Thomas all muddling around for the fourth CB sport. On the bright side, Collen Warner has been a pleasant surprise this year, he is quietly a pretty nice passer (see the Giovinco goal yesterday) and can keep the ball moving well. He's actually the Kyle Bekker Kyle Bekker fans thought he was.

How ridiculous is it that Michael Bradley missed this match to play a 3rd place game?

You make 7 million a year "captain".  Get your ass home.

Would a Canadian be allowed to miss a MLS game for a 3rd place match?  No chance, we have a hard enough time getting players for group stage matches.  

Yes, he would. I find it ridiculous that you're saying that Bradley is playing in that 3rd place match because he's American. It's his duty to play for his country. If Canada made it to the 3rd place match, Morgan and Osorio would be there also if they weren't pulled from the group stage roster.

Yes, he would. I find it ridiculous that you're saying that Bradley is playing in that 3rd place match because he's American. It's his duty to play for his country. If Canada made it to the 3rd place match, Morgan and Osorio would be there also if they weren't pulled from the group stage roster.

I didn't use the word American once in that post actually.  I find it ridiculous that a guy who has been given the "franchise player" tag at Toronto has missed 5 of our 28 games due to NT duty this season and the latest one was for a consolation game when TFC was already more than accommodating in letting Bradley travel twice to Europe for friendlies in the past few months alone.  Is it all Bradley's fault?  No it's MLS too but at the same time the only reason he is making $7 million a year is because of MLSE/MLS.  I know he's not obligated to show any loyalty but if he could back up all his talk and show some it would be a nice surprise.  But as we know as Canada fans loyalty is hard to come by.

I would never want a player to miss a NT match that mattered.  But this was pretty much a friendly in front of 12,000.

Unless it is Dero and he skips the Gold Cup all together.

Unless it is Dero and he skips the Gold Cup all together.

That I wouldn't be okay with.  I'm glad Bradley represents his country but this 3rd place game was a joke... Panama prepared by playing soccer baseball!! 

And it looks like Bradley suffered a tear in the game, he is having a scan today and he has been withdrawn from the All Stars.  Regardless of whether he's injured or not he probably shouldn't be going to the AS game anyhow.  He's Toronto's asset and he has played a ton of football in 2 weeks, enough is enough. We actually need him to be fit for us too.   

• 2 weeks later...

Well he'd have to be pretty poor to not be an improvement over Findley. Wednesday's win over Orlando was notable given that it was a 4-1 win, should have been 8-1, even though TFC played just one striker up front and was down a man for the entire 90 minutes. (If you catch my drift).

Announced on Twitter.  They traded away Creavalle to make room, it seems.  Not sure what Findlay's done to retain his spot. 

Findley was with Fraser and Vanney at RSL and was on the 2010 US WC team, show some respect.  He should be a DP.

Seriously though release the guy already.  People are going to say "oh you're a homer" etc. but I can GUARANTEE you that if Simeon Jackson/Iain Hume came in making Findley's salary and performed the way he has they would be out the door by now.  

Findley was with Fraser and Vanney at RSL and was on the 2010 US WC team, show some respect.  He should be a DP.

Seriously though release the guy already.  People are going to say "oh you're a homer" etc. but I can GUARANTEE you that if Simeon Jackson/Iain Hume came in making Findley's salary and performed the way he has they would be out the door by now.  

I don't think that Jackson or Hume would be making Findley's salary and f they did, TFC would be stuck with the contract like they are with Findley because nobody would want a mediocre player making above average money

The thing is Findley has a guaranteed contract and if you release the guy, you are just paying him to not be here. Sure, you could do that, but MLS teams don't cut veteran players in the middle fo the season because they don't have an advantage, because they'd rather cut their losses at the end of the year.

I don't think that Jackson or Hume would be making Findley's salary and f they did, TFC would be stuck with the contract like they are with Findley because nobody would want a mediocre player making above average money

The thing is Findley has a guaranteed contract and if you release the guy, you are just paying him to not be here. Sure, you could do that, but MLS teams don't cut veteran players in the middle fo the season because they don't have an advantage, because they'd rather cut their losses at the end of the year.

That's why I used the Hume/Jackson comparison, both shouldn't be making that deal but both are the same calibre of player as Findley with similar European resumes.

You're right about the guaranteed deal, they would have had to waive him earlier to be off the hook for 100% of the deal.  The thing is he didn't just start performing bad over night, he has been poor the whole time.  So TFC could have released him earlier and been off the hook for his deal.  OR they could have found a team that needed to dump someone in a position we need help at i.e. Montreal with Soumare or Orlando with St. Ledger.

I just feel it was a fiscally irresponsible deal by Tim B.  There are some really good players around the league at Findley's money ($225,750 to be exact) and how necessary was the signing to begin with?  We had Giovinco, Altidore, Moore, Dike and Hamilton.  How about a right back or centre back?    

Yeah, Findley was not a good signing even at the time (/r/mls was howling with laughter) but why flagellate Bezbahenko endlessly over it? TFC was still in panic mode at the beginning of the season and they are slowly stabilizing the roster and clearing out the chaff. Findley, Moore and a couple of others will be let go during the off-season and they can work on the back five. I do think it would be interesting to bring in a Hainault or Jackson if they are still available in the off-season, although Jackson will be competing mostly with Osorio and Chapman for minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like there is talk of Quillan Roberts potentially getting the start for TFC this Saturday. It would be nice to see what he can do.

Wow, that would be a shock honestly in the best way possible.  Two journeymen Americans aren't the answer.. I just assumed TFC's answer would be to trade for another NCAA journeyman, but to actually give a shot to a kid they've developed in a match that isn't a friendly... nice.  

Archived