2015 TFC Season

Ruffian

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TFC did better than expected last night without Giovinco which made it all the more painful to watch Zavaleta lose out to Martins and Dempsey within seconds.  That was some gong show defending, ouch.  Just about everything he could have done wrong he did.  

Sorry if this has already been answered but .... what game (educated estimate) will TFC clinch the playoffs?

As far as I can tell TFC's magic number with Philly is 12, with Orlando is 11, and with NYCFC is 13. So it's still kind of hard to predict. After three more wins perhaps? Maybe after they play the Fire at home on Sept 26?

Osorio, when he goes forward in final third, very interesting player, some real flash. In the rest of the field his name is never mentioned, he is invisible. 

So when he has the ball and is looking to goal, you think he has to be called up and even start for Canada. But the rest of the time, not so sure he is a shoe-in.

TFC has way more individual talent than Whitecaps, for example, but way less team discipline and very shoddy defending, the whole team is lazy and a bit prima donna without the ball. 

Osorio, when he goes forward in final third, very interesting player, some real flash. In the rest of the field his name is never mentioned, he is invisible. 

So when he has the ball and is looking to goal, you think he has to be called up and even start for Canada. But the rest of the time, not so sure he is a shoe-in.

TFC has way more individual talent than Whitecaps, for example, but way less team discipline and very shoddy defending, the whole team is lazy and a bit prima donna without the ball.

I think Giovinco has was more talent than anyone on the Whitecaps. The rest of the team? Nope.

^ I think Altidore, Giovinco, and Bradley are all more talented than the guys playing the same positions for the Whitecaps, even if the production hasn't really been there this year for Altidore. But beyond that it's hard to make a case for any of the Toronto's starters over Vancouver's lineup and in many cases it's not even close. Morrow ahead of Harvey I guess.

^ I think Altidore, Giovinco, and Bradley are all more talented than the guys playing the same positions for the Whitecaps, even if the production hasn't really been there this year for Altidore. But beyond that it's hard to make a case for any of the Toronto's starters over Vancouver's lineup and in many cases it's not even close. Morrow ahead of Harvey I guess.

Partially agree. I think Rivero (10G / 3A) is equal to Altidore (10G / 0 A)and both play the holding forward role very well.

Ousted, Waston, Laba clearly way better than their counterparts on TFC. In fact Kah & Parker are better CBs than TFC have (IMHO).

Koffie / Osorio are equal/close but Manneh has no real counterpart on TFC.

But in the top 3 you can see TFC's problem. A box to box mid, an attacking mid & a forward. Our best 3 are our keeper, CB & DM. Build from the back out works in soccer and hopefully MLSE will get around to that this off season.

In the mean time get a few wins and make the playoffs. Today's loss to NE really sucked on a lot of levels.

Even discounting one of the worse taken own goals I've ever seen, Toronto is kind of like NYCFC, all the effort up high and no concern for a 2nd tier back line.

I still can't believe that own goal...

How did Perquis play top flight football in Europe?  It's unbelievable, there are guys in this league straight out of college who look more solid.

And Bradley... oh boy.  Two touch football, just once please.  So sick of his pick up football style out there, almost glad he was burned.  The politician strikes again.  

That has to be the sack for Vanney.  If you can't get a goal on NYCFC with Giovinco, Altidore and Bradley in your lineup after a 3-1 loss to NER at home he needs to be gone.  Past managers have been fired for less.  

The only way the man can get results is if Giovinco takes over and then pathetically in the press conference he marvels at his own player as if he's Phil Jackson and Giovinco is Michael Jordan.  How many good team performances have we had this year?  Even with a full squad we're garbage...

American frat boys out.  Let's get some guys in this club who actually care and aren't just here to milk paycheques and promote the USMNT.  

Without Giovinco we would be last in the league I don't think anyone can question that.  

Well, I would question that. I will say this about Toronto's scouting: I think Toronto is the only MLS team without a regular South American starter and they have more in-decline Ligue 1 players than the whole rest of the league put together. Going from worst to first this year was never in the cards but Bezbachenko has to take responsibility for not fixing the problems a RB and GK which have existed for his entire tenure at the club.

We are a joke. Without Giovinco where would be. He single handedly won the games vs Portland, DC United, 1st Philly game, 2nd Orlando game and thats just what I remember all with wonder strikes. We would be last place wthout him I am convinced.

Careful, if you make that valid argument, random people will say "that's like saying where would Barca be without Messi, Suarez and iniesta?"

To be clear, I agree with you.

Well, I would question that. I will say this about Toronto's scouting: I think Toronto is the only MLS team without a regular South American starter and they have more in-decline Ligue 1 players than the whole rest of the league put together. Going from worst to first this year was never in the cards but Bezbachenko has to take responsibility for not fixing the problems a RB and GK which have existed for his entire tenure at the club.

Greg Vanney loves players from the French league because he spent time on the bench there a long time ago. It's baffling. You always overpay going to Europe.

About time!! Gio to the rescue (sung to the tune Jim Dandy by Black Oak Arkansas). Love the cheeky back heal pass by Osorio. That is what we need more of from Canadian players. That type of creativity and lack of fear to try something like that are some of the reasons I rate Osorio highly.

Love the cheeky back heal pass by Osorio. That is what we need more of from Canadian players. That type of creativity and lack of fear to try something like that are some of the reasons I rate Osorio highly.

One of his best games right after his worst game of the season. He needs to improve his consistency. That should come with experience.

Can someone explain what's going on at TFC in the dressing room?  Players not happy with journalists, strange celebrations (or not) after goals, factions, etc.  Does Vanney have control of this lot?  Too many egos, and perhaps Seba being seen as a bit selfish?  Is it too late to throw your hat in with another coach?

With a handful of games left this season - obviously it's too late to solidify the defence - Bez has done what he can given the resources he has.  But if there's infighting going on with this team, they surely won't last too long in the post-season.

As an aside, is there anything more annoying than the US-Mexico match coming up in October where Bradley will be forced away for another match?  

Can someone explain what's going on at TFC in the dressing room?  Players not happy with journalists, strange celebrations (or not) after goals, factions, etc.  Does Vanney have control of this lot?  Too many egos, and perhaps Seba being seen as a bit selfish?  Is it too late to throw your hat in with another coach?

With a handful of games left this season - obviously it's too late to solidify the defence - Bez has done what he can given the resources he has.  But if there's infighting going on with this team, they surely won't last too long in the post-season.

As an aside, is there anything more annoying than the US-Mexico match coming up in October where Bradley will be forced away for another match?  

TFC fans shouldn't find the US-Mexico match annoying. They should find the US-Costa Rica match annoying, because Bradley wouldn't miss a TFC match for US-Mexico, but he could miss a TFC match if he plays against Costa Rica.

Ruud, I ask you if Osorio is called up against Ghana, are you saying that it's annoying that he will be forced away for one match?

Archived