Gold Cup 2015 Details - Canada to host a game!

DontPanic

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am already picturing a big confetti shower from the newly finished second deck as the players walk out of the tunnel with a big banner to pump them up. Thinking too far ahead?  Definitely!! 

We can take this to the next level!! Show FIFA 2026 we mean business. 

After hosting a 24 team womens world cup we can definately host a Gold Cup 12 team Gold cup. Hopefully it happens in 2017 to show Fifa we're ready to host the world cup.

Don`t forget the U20, which according to FIFA was the most successful version.

Wouldn't say "Canada" hosting it's own group is out of the question.  I mean, a group of CR/CAN + any of the possible others in this group is not going to do the $$$ in the US than it would in CAN. 

Mexico is the only team that draws in the group stage, not even the host US can do that.  Only in the knockout rounds do the US fill the house.  I firmly believe 3 group doubleheaders across Canada, say at BC Place, BMO and one other, would fill with Canada involved. 

As "fair" as it would be to have the CMNT play in 3 dif cities, it would be terrible in terms of transportation. I mean you're going across 3 time zones and a 5hr flight. TO to Montreal would be the only ones that make sense.

Maybe Vancouver could host a knock out stage match though?

In any case, I'm SUPER happy about this and am looking forward to  a meaningful match. I'm sure they'll be happy to have a home game for once in a tournament.

Gotta make a BMO fortress and keep tickets to a minimum and away from away fans. We're going to need those 3 points.

Don`t forget the U20, which according to FIFA was the most successful version.

As "fair" as it would be to have the CMNT play in 3 dif cities, it would be terrible in terms of transportation. I mean you're going across 3 time zones and a 5hr flight. TO to Montreal would be the only ones that make sense.

Maybe Vancouver could host a knock out stage match though?

In any case, I'm SUPER happy about this and am looking forward to  a meaningful match. I'm sure they'll be happy to have a home game for once in a tournament.

Gotta make a BMO fortress and keep tickets to a minimum and away from away fans. We're going to need those 3 points.

Group B plays in LA, then Houston, then Toronto. Vancouver, then Toronto, then Montreal wouldn't be that much different. 

Nice  to  see   Toronto  have  a  game,  I  guess  It  kind  of  makes  up  for   the  WWC  to  coming  there.  But  nonetheless   I  am  glad  to  see  Team  Canada   play  in   a  meaning  full   match, July  14   cannot  come  any  sooner.

Does anyone else kinda feel like this is Concacaf's way of trying to make up for Canada only getting one shot at the Copa America?

Play a home game, and avoid US & Mexico in group play.

Hope they can top it off with Cuba & French Guyana rounding out our group.

Does anyone else kinda feel like this is Concacaf's way of trying to make up for Canada only getting one shot at the Copa America?

Play a home game, and avoid US & Mexico in group play.

Hope they can top it off with Cuba & French Guyana rounding out our group.

Doubt French Guiana gets into the GC. Especially now that Pinto is Honduras' coach.

Wow, never expected this.

Especially as the women are likely playing a Pan-Am game that evening in Hamilton.

A shame our U-23 men won't be available, but they'll be playing on July 12, July 16 and July 20 (or 13, 17, and 21) in Hamilton.  Hopefully TFC are out of town that week.

A great chance for anyone from out-of-town to come to Toronto and catch 4 games in just over a week (or 8 games, as they are all double-headers).  And 2-3 women's games as well!

Low blow comment. When has Vancouver been given the chance to earn this opportunity?

You'll notice it wasn't the Vancouver people that brought up Vancouver in this thread.

Vancouver has done ok in U-20 and a few V-cup games but it is like what, the 3rd or 4th best venue. No way it gets the nod over Toronto - Toronto is a beast. And Montreal is an established veteran and a much needed venue presence. I think it is fair to say Even Edmonton is ahead of Vancouver at this stage Vancouver clearly hasn't impressed the CSA. Really we can't aford to mess this up and and need to put our best venues forward. Soccer in Canada can only benefit if Toronto does well, and maybe in 10 or 15 years we can put a game in Vancouver.

Vancouver has done ok in U-20 and a few V-cup games but it is like what, the 3rd or 4th best venue. No way it gets the nod over Toronto - Toronto is a beast. And Montreal is an established veteran and a much needed venue presence. I think it is fair to say Even Edmonton is ahead of Vancouver at this stage Vancouver clearly hasn't impressed the CSA. Really we can't aford to mess this up and and need to put our best venues forward. Soccer in Canada can only benefit if Toronto does well, and maybe in 10 or 15 years we can put a game in Vancouver.

If Kerfoot doesn't get railed out of a stadium.....

Archived