Gold Cup 2015 Details - Canada to host a game!

DontPanic

I was hoping we would get El Salvador at home as well but it may actually work out that Canada gets a ton of support for this one.

First off with the hype of TFC and the new stadium, first Gold Cup in Canada against a WC QF team, new coach we should see strong Canadian support.

Costa Ricans will come in numbers for sure from ALL over.  Think about it their team just made the QF of a WC they aren't going to mind flying to Toronto, which would likely be a popular destination as well.

The good news is that it is a double header so I would imagine that any Salvador-Canadians or Jamaican-Canadians will switch to cheering for Canada.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the "draw" just happened I imagine details of a Supporters Section are in the works and will be announced soon, if you are really concerned you may want to do what Mrs. C did and buy tickets in 116, I will wait a day or so!

Since the "draw" just happened I imagine details of a Supporters Section are in the works and will be announced soon, if you are really concerned you may want to do what Mrs. C did and buy tickets in 116, I will wait a day or so!

I feel pretty confidant we will get a supporters section.  I was planning to buy extra tickets anyway and drag friends out, which allowed me to hedge my bet.

From the looks it appears people are getting 116 tickets (i just purchased a pair). I hope that means 112-115 will be V's tickets.

Decided to purchase now just in case the V's don't get any but will just give the pair to newer canadian supporters and buy in 112-115 when they come available.

OK, would've much preferred to play Jamaica or El Salvador at BMO. But Canada in the Gold Cup at home, can't complain!

I'd assume the tickets are for the doubleheader, so you could come out at 6:00 and watch El Salvador vs Jamaica first.

Which also means there'll be a lot of Jamaicans and some of those from El Salvador also buying tickets for Canada/Costa Rica.  Hopefully they change their shirts for the 8:30 game.

I don't even have a flight yet, so I can wit for ticket info.  Flights are also really expensive right now.  

I doubt plane tickets will get any cheaper, being in the middle of the Pan Am games.

Pre-sale is on already. ( It is a double-header) - good price too. Will Jaime be purchasing a whole bunch for the group?

I'm glad we got Costa Rica at BMO - it gives us the best chance to support our boys in a difficult match.

The Voyageurs post on FB reads "We are work to resolve some confusion on the South End of BMO for the Gold Cup game on July 14th. We already have a group of 350 people in 117 because we were told we had the South End. Hopefully this will be fixed ASAP.

As I'll be flying form the UK, hopefully the pan am games will not make much of an impact.  I know when I was looking at flights last summer, I was able to weight it out and save about $400.

Though, the Women's World Cup has likely impacted international prices in June, which might have pushed other travel into July.  It's also conceivable that Air Canada has transferred capacity from European routes to other routes.

But really ... who knows.

Archived