2015 Pan Am Games

masster

Thanks, I looked at the guide but it doesn't say,  hope it will be on anyway.

The Women's game against Ecuador is on Sportsnet Ontario (and Pacific, East, and West) tonight at 9 pm, after the Gold Cup Canada/Jamaica game (at 6:30 pm).

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fellow V's, here is my recommendation for the PANAM games in order or priority from a local.

1) if you're local, bike (what I'm doing). Cheaper and faster, there will be plenty of space to lock up bikes.

2) If you're out of town, take the train to the new Hamilton Go Station (West Habour). Likely more reliable than traffic as there are already reports of the highway being backed up. From there, there are shuttles running for free to the stadium.

3) If the train isn't your thing, busing/carpooling is the next best option because of the HOV lane.

If you haven't pre purchased parking (which you can do for the soccer events), bring some cash as I expect all local houses around the stadium to be offering up their lawns for the game to park on as they do for Ticats games.

Leaving the stadium and getting there can be a pain and can take more time than expected. Leave yourself plenty of time for travel.

Don't go to the undermount as previously said in this thread. My reco is the Touchdown Pub which is right next to the stadium and some Vs have already planned to meet there pregame tonight, and other nights.

Enjoy yourselves & Allez Les Rouges.

^^^ one thing.

There is no lawn parking allowed for the games. The city didnt want to give off that image. The blocks all around the stadium are closed to vehicular traffic. If you want to park there is a designated lot north of barton east of gage. I believe you have to pre purchase the spot. On the pan am parking website.

Theres also park and shuttle lots located at mohawk and mcmaster. But that would mean parking and taking a 20 minute shuttle to the stadium then back.

Best bet is not to drive. Bike. HSR. GO train/ bus and take the free shuttle to the stadium. HSR and GO are free with your ticket as well.

the undermount is only if you want to come in early to watch Toronto fc at 3pm after the game is over everyone is go to the touchdown pub. 

Everyone just coming for just the Canada game  go to touchdown  and don't forget last train to Toronto is at midnight

If there are two converted CBs in that part of the pitch I might have to turn in my scarf.

Now now let's not go that far! Coaches come and go but our scarves get buried with us  :)

I too am hoping to see actual midfielders in the freaking midfield. I'm also really looking forward to Clarke up top (hopefully with a second strike partner). Despite getting lousy service to start the season (it has gotten better as some injured players return) he has 6 goals and 2 assists.

Excited to see this game tonight.  Big home crowd and a strong opponent for some players we've never seen before or in a while... these guys have to know they're knocking on the door of the senior team if they play well here.

Does anyone know how 24 year old Cecilio Waterman is playing for Panama?

Not a huge shock. Aleman isn't a tactically disciplined player and I'm assuming this team will be managed the same as the senior team.

Right. So play 8 defensive players and bunker down. Has worked well in the gold cup....

Leave the players with creativity planted on the bench

Archived