2015 Pan Am Games

masster

Babouli, Clarke and Boakai are offensive players. It's hard to argue that they're playing defensive.

Aleman is a turnover machine. That's why he isn't starting.

Turnovers r going to happen regardless against brazil. You cant be afraid to attack

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Gagnon Lapare isn't as dreadful as he was with the u20s. That whole team played bad, but man oh man, he was so bad he had Linus from Charlie Brown type stink lines coming from him.

I think you mean Pig-Pen and isn't he a favourite of Floro, Gagnon Lapare not Pig-Pen :)

4sek5w.png

Turnovers r going to happen regardless against brazil. You cant be afraid to attack

Again.  Babouli (Top scorer in League One Ontario Last Season), Clarke (Top goal scorer for VW2), Boakai (Best Attacking Mid Prospect in Years).

Aleman had one good tournament back with the U17s. 

Again. Babouli (Top scorer in League One Ontario Last Season), Clarke (Top goal scorer for VW2), Boakai (Best Attacking Mid Prospect in Years).

Aleman has been playing well in costa rica at club level. Two of those players you mentioned are strikers. Im talking about attacking midfielders. Bokai has dropped off significantly since last year, wouldnt say hes our best attacking mid prospect in years. Petrasso has more promose than him.

Again.  Babouli (Top scorer in League One Ontario Last Season), Clarke (Top goal scorer for VW2), Boakai (Best Attacking Mid Prospect in Years).

Aleman is getting regular minutes and scoring goals in a good league. Not saying he should start, but you are doing him a disservice.

If I were a youth soccer coach, I'd run sessions where no back passes were allowed, just to force the players to think going forward..

I swear...

I don't know if it's a systemic thing, but every single damn time our CDMs get the ball (at every level), their first move is to play it back to defence.

You'd think somewhere along the way someone would teach these guys to check behind them before they get the ball so they can make a turn.

If I were a youth soccer coach, I'd run sessions where no back passes were allowed, just to force the players to think going forward..

Watching a lot of Canadian soccer teams recently I have noticed how limited our playing knowledge is.  We seem to only play possession in the back end and have no idea how to posess and move the ball forward through the midfield.

I believe our kids are taught from an early age to be safe with the ball from our higher level coaches. They're discouraged from taking a chance, from dribbling, less they fail. This results in the players continually looking sideways and backwards whenever they get the ball. The proper mentality to attack and look forward is never there. Inevitably, the ball goes back to the defenders or goal keeper who just hammers it.

This is the biggest problem in all our mens national teams.

I believe our kids are taught from an early age to be safe with the ball from our higher level coaches. They're discouraged from taking a chance, from dribbling, less they fail. This results in the players continually looking sideways and backwards whenever they get the ball. The proper mentality to attack and look forward is never there. Inevitably, the ball goes back to the defenders or goal keeper who just hammers it.

This is the biggest problem in all our mens national teams.

Afraid to make mistakes. Afraid to play aleman. Aleman and bokai on the wings would really put the counter pressure on brazil

18 players on the roster. 7 subs. One is a keeper. We make 3 subs not one is aleman. He is one of 3 players not played.

He better be injured.

A player scoring in costa rica regulalry doesnt play for our u22 team and is behind academy players?

Archived