Loss of the National Football Stadium

Trillium

13 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

So, from a fan's perspective, how was the new BMO Field? Looked great on TV.

Roof definitely helps keep sound in the stadium, but it wouldn't protect people from rain unless you're sitting in upper east stand and upper west stand.  Sound system and lighting has improved a lot, so that's another positive.   

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sound in south end hasn't changed for the better at all with the roof being so high which is unfortunate as that was one of the only things I was personally hoping for in this renovation. Really wanted the noise from southend to improve but looks like that wont happen any time soon. I am of the group that would rather of had no roof, no renos if it meant SSS and no argos or at least only a roof over a single deck east side. Looks and feels weird without the north end. 

10 hours ago, 1zzurri said:

Sound in south end hasn't changed for the better at all with the roof being so high which is unfortunate as that was one of the only things I was personally hoping for in this renovation. Really wanted the noise from southend to improve but looks like that wont happen any time soon. I am of the group that would rather of had no roof, no renos if it meant SSS and no argos or at least only a roof over a single deck east side. Looks and feels weird without the north end. 

It sounded louder on the opposite side on the stadium but nowhere near the difference from the East and West. The South canopy doesn't cover the accessible seating or the walkway. Can't wait for them to sell those uncovered Winter/Heretige Classic tix in the Temp. Seats that peer through that South Canopy. Talk about Frankenstadium. Still, good on those folk that enjoy the covered seats. There will be plenty of them for the Women's Friendly next month.

38 minutes ago, Fort York Redcoat1555362293 said:

It sounded louder on the opposite side on the stadium but nowhere near the difference from the East and West. The South canopy doesn't cover the accessible seating or the walkway. Can't wait for them to sell those uncovered Winter/Heretige Classic tix in the Temp. Seats that peer through that South Canopy. Talk about Frankenstadium. Still, good on those folk that enjoy the covered seats. There will be plenty of them for the Women's Friendly next month.

I know it's been discussed in depth but what a compromise was made on TFC (and argo) fans for the sake of staging 2 events!

21 hours ago, Fort York Redcoat1555362293 said:

The guy who's paid to look confident even in a situation he's never been in before? Hilarious, Mr. Groundshare.

How about saving those comments for that pathetic little website you control where you ban people for having an opposite opinion and who learned to share in the sandbox.

Amazing how a clown like you posting on a website has more expertise than a guy who does something every day and for his career.  You are truly pathetic in the lengths you go to keep others out of your tree fort.

And since you wanna be an asshat again, I'm glad you lost.  You and your whining buddies keep making it easier and easier to gloat and hope that Vancouver just keeps on hosting the NT.

Now this is the part where you disappear, playing the innocent, injured party and sit back and let your minions come defend you, like usual.

28 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

How about saving those comments for that pathetic little website you control where you ban people for having an opposite opinion and who learned to share in the sandbox.

Amazing how a clown like you posting on a website has more expertise than a guy who does something every day and for his career.  You are truly pathetic in the lengths you go to keep others out of your tree fort.

And since you wanna be an asshat again, I'm glad you lost.  You and your whining buddies keep making it easier and easier to gloat and hope that Vancouver just keeps on hosting the NT.

Now this is the part where you disappear, playing the innocent, injured party and sit back and let your minions come defend you, like usual.

WTF?

1 hour ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Give it a rest.

2 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Joe, seriously, why do you even come here now? You never come to talk about soccer or post in any of the soccer forums. You've pretty much been the worst possible ambassador for the CFL possible (when was the last time you saw someone reply in your off-topic CFL thread) and the BMO reno is done and the Argos have a home. I'm honestly lost as to why you still come here.

4 hours ago, Fort York Redcoat1555362293 said:

Does it impact your thinking if these same temp seats are used for TFC playoffs and for when we steal the NT back from the west coast?

3 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Praise JT for the future of Canada.  You need some 420 and chill bro.

I would have rather kept the stadium the way it was the only change I would have put in was the north stand that was taken down. They have spent all this money and still did not build a proper roof only the east side has a roof that looks like a proper roof, now we basically have your old school 1960s CFL stadium with your classic open end zone style stadium not as dated and as open  as Tim Hortons Field but pretty close.

8 hours ago, -Hammer- said:

Joe, seriously, why do you even come here now? You never come to talk about soccer or post in any of the soccer forums. You've pretty much been the worst possible ambassador for the CFL possible (when was the last time you saw someone reply in your off-topic CFL thread) and the BMO reno is done and the Argos have a home. I'm honestly lost as to why you still come here.

I seriously don't give a sweet fuck about your opinion or being an ambassador for the CFL.  I don't have to justify or defend my existence about why I post here to you or anyone else.  If you're that blind that the RPB guy took a shot at me and I replied there's nothing i can do for you.  If I cared about people responding to threads I start i would have stopped long ago but for some strange reason they get lots of views and it ain't me clicking on them 1000's of times.

And Rudi, if your buddies would give it a rest so would I but you should know by now when they bait me, I'm gonna respond, simple as that.  And like I said, buddy did his usual M.O. ran off and let you guys defend him, the poor injured party (who started the shit)

16 minutes ago, Macksam said:

He's a little older than that. They were clearly fans of Toronto Metros Croatia.

Actually, I was kind of a fan, as much as a little kid could be then without much national coverage.  Zeljko Bilecki, Ivair, Eusebio, you don't forget names like that.  How bout that lovely artificial turf?

On 5/13/2016 at 2:08 PM, killgod said:

Does it impact your thinking if these same temp seats are used for TFC playoffs and for when we steal the NT back from the west coast?

Well we both know I won't be using the temp seats either way but it was more a comment on who WOULD get those seats would be the type that would need to be impressed to return, regardless of the event. 

Whether I would appreciate MORE people attending footy in Toronto? Of course I would.

Archived