Gold Cup 2013 - Other team results (R)

nolbertos

Cuban player scores a hat trick. He plays in the cuban 1st divison? huh? and canada has strikers in the bundesliga and epl and cant score a single goal? what?

That guy's a troll. Check his lastest posts, and it's always to knock down our nats. He's not bringing anything constructive.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That guy's a troll. Check his lastest posts, and it's always to knock down our nats. He's not bringing anything constructive.

Are you saying they deserve anything more after

tumblr_mc1o5qJA9T1qe1x8qo1_1280.jpg

???????????

They've scored a single goal in 7 matches since then, didn't score a goal in GC 2013, lost to ****ing martinique, TIED TO AN AMATEUR TEAM. What positivity do they deserve?

I mean, on the field, they can't even do a proper free kick. They can't even string two passes together. What the hell??

Are you saying they deserve anything more after

???????????

They've scored a single goal in 7 matches since then, didn't score a goal in GC 2013, lost to ****ing martinique, TIED TO AN AMATEUR TEAM. What positivity do they deserve?

Well, you really are an obtuse little fool aren't you?

I think what he is saying, and what I am saying, and a whole bunch of other Vs are probably thinking; is that if your only mission on this Canadian SUPPORTERS website is to piss all over our National Team, then you should just piss off until you grow up and find something relevant to say. Clear enough now?

You have to blame our tactics more than our strikers on goal scoring issues.

Canada plays too defensively which limited our ability offensively (we usually play one striker who can't hold up the ball and play that alone striker role effectively). We have good strikers, but we don't have a good CF who can hold up the ball for midfield to get set up offensively. There's reason why Haber is starting instead of guys like Jackson. If we're going to play 4-2-3-1, then we need CF who can hold up the ball. If we play two strikers up front, then our current strikers will be more effective and have better chances to score goals.

Well, you really are an obtuse little fool aren't you?

I think what he is saying, and what I am saying, and a whole bunch of other Vs are probably thinking; is that if your only mission on this Canadian SUPPORTERS website is to piss all over our National Team, then you should just piss off until you grow up and find something relevant to say. Clear enough now?

Ah yes, I forgot that you all are unrealistic cheerleaders. I guess I should let you guys have your (wannabe euro) fun.

You have to blame our tactics more than our strikers on goal scoring issues.

Canada plays too defensively which limited our ability offensively (we usually play one striker who can't hold up the ball and play that alone striker role effectively). We have good strikers, but we don't have a good CF who can hold up the ball for midfield to get set up offensively. There's reason why Haber is starting instead of guys like Jackson. If we're going to play 4-2-3-1, then we need CF who can hold up the ball. If we play two strikers up front, then our current strikers will be more effective and have better chances to score goals.

Hold on I thought it's the players? some Vs say its the players, some say it's the coaches?? omg who do I listen to??!?!

Hold on I thought it's the players? some Vs say its the players, some say it's the coaches?? omg who do I listen to??!?!

I think it's both, but you can fix the coaching, you can't do much about your player pool in the short run. By no means do I think we'd be prolific, but the way we've been coached / organized has been awful.

The 4-2-3-1 we've been trying to play ends up being too defensive because it hasn't been thought out properly by the coaching staff. The lineup choices are way too conservative and in some cases just downright baffling. The team also never seems to be able to transition fast enough between defending and attacking, which is absolutely necessary in that formation.

Alright have to put on the moderator hat here for a minute.

Everyone on this board is entitled to his/her opinion, and can state it as long as that opinion follows our guidelines for posting items. You don't have to agree with everyone's opinion but if you disagree don't resort to name calling and personal attacks.

Thank you everyone for keeping things civil

Man, El Salvador had a good first half. They ran outta gas in the 2nd half and paid the price. USA demolishes them 5-1. I'd say the Canadian program has a long ways to go to even demolish Central American teams let alone score goals. Looks more and more like a US-Mexico final. Juergan Klinsmann has done alot with this B-team and Wondo is starting to believe in himself on the national team. He seems snake bitten prior to the Gold Cup

Man, El Salvador had a good first half. They ran outta gas in the 2nd half and paid the price. USA demolishes them 5-1. I'd say the Canadian program has a long ways to go to even demolish Central American teams let alone score goals. Looks more and more like a US-Mexico final. Juergan Klinsmann has done alot with this B-team and Wondo is starting to believe in himself on the national team. He seems snake bitten prior to the Gold Cup

Don't count Panama out. They have been playing very well and Mexico have not. I could see Panama stealing the match.

I'd say the score 5-1 is pretty flattering. The U.S still missed double maybe triple the chances el salvador did. I wouldn't count Panama out either.

The announce team post match were talking that Honduras winning was a result the US side would be happier with, and I don't disagree. Although Honduras is certainly a quality side, for my part I feel like Costa Rica matches up better against the USA...

Then again, Honduras has already beaten USA this year, and Costa Rica has fallen in both WCQ and in the Gold Cup to the USA in 2013...so it's tough to say why the Fox announcers see it that way, but for me, for some reason I agree.

Either way, there are some keys pieces missing in the Gold Cup for both squads. Honduras is surprisingly deep in centreback. Osman Chavez was the captain and man of the match last game, but add in guys like Figueroa (who is an absolute beast at heading away clearances), Bernardez (who has in my mind positively influenced the play of Attakora) and Leveron (who is emerging in Vancouver) and they can mix and match there very easily. Add in Costly and Bengston and striker for depth, and they look like a heckuva team.

For Costa Rica's part...two words. Joel Campbell. Look out for him at Arsenal on the wings this year, speeding down the flank and sending balls in. And expect better finishing on that passing from Bryan Ruiz...Saborio was not looking sharp finishing tonight. If Ruiz was there I feel confident a couple of those chances would have been buried. The creation was there, the finishing was not.

All in all, an exciting match tonight that builds up both teams as true contenders to make CONCACAF have 4 representatives instead of 3 in 2014. Look out New Zealand, could be tough!

Did we watch the same game? They were lucky not to be down 5-1 at half!

US had great chances, but El Salvador's goalkeeper kept them close. Don't forget El Salvador wasted some chances too. I almost believed they could pull the upset, but once Eddie Johnson scored, that demoralized them and opened the floodgates

USA were all over El Salvador except for a very brief period to start the 2nd half. The USA are an offensive juggernaut. Great passing, great flow and good finishing( If they had buried all their chances, the game would have ended 9-1). What can you say about Eddie Johnson but Wow!! Kudos to them.

The only question left is, are Panama THAT good, or in Mexico just in that bad of form right now? A bit of both, I feel, but one thing is certain, Panama's organization that last game was MUCH more tight. Who is Mexico's next manager?

Definitely a little of both but Panama might be the region's most improved team. I really like Gabriel Torres. I'd love to see an MLS team snatch him up.

Archived