Toronto FC changes for 2013

Loud Mouth Soup

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason de Vos during the game last night said on twitter that Toronto wasn't fielding any academy players because they were fined last year in the Liverpool game for doing so.

During his interview, Payne said that the one academy player they wanted to play during this game though couldn't because he left with the U18 team was Aparicio.

Doing the math there it would seem that he has been signed, otherwise TFC would have been fined for fielding him (If this is all true, and IF they actually HAD fielded him).

Anybody know anything about this guy? What's his game? The article somewhat suggests he might be contributing right away. I'm excited to see what he's all about.

In the video that comes with that link there's an interview with him and he describes himself as an attacking mid who wants to emulate Lionel Messi.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/08/maximiliano-urruti-toronto

“We have been involved in a lengthy process for Maximiliano Urruti to join Toronto FC and Major League Soccer, and we hope that it will conclude by the end of the week. In the meantime, Maxi is in Toronto and he will train with the team. The club will provide no further comment at this time.”

Change over from the Montreal win where Silva was very good yet again to see Henry boot a ball out of play for no reason and see that he was at fault for at least one goal. Henry must be the worst full-time defensive starter in the league. TFC have to upgrade that position next year or hope that Henry improves a whole bunch.

Change over from the Montreal win where Silva was very good yet again to see Henry boot a ball out of play for no reason and see that he was at fault for at least one goal. Henry must be the worst full-time defensive starter in the league. TFC have to upgrade that position next year or hope that Henry improves a whole bunch.

+1, I have lost whatever confidence I had in him over his past 2 or 3 performances. No one looked good on the backline today but Henry stood out as particularly bad. Thing that bugs me is that Larson et all pump him up, but watching him defend reviles he has little to no technique and that he relies on brute strength and athleticism but gets exploited by more skilled players. Those plays that make him stand out in a game are usually him using his athleticism to bail himself out of a problem his lack of technique or positioning created. He's young which is in his favour but I don't want to see him in a CMNT jersey until he gets it sorted or he's going to have a harder and harder time in CONCACAF (a la Haber)

^ & ^^. I may be inclined to agree with you that Henry had a bad game, if the entire squad didn't play like crap. That game was definitely a no show. Hard to pin everything on Doneil. I will say one thing in his support. He was the only one who consistently won their 50/50 battles. He also had a couple more of his trademark crunching tackles that left the opponent writhing on the ground. I will say it again - TFC and Canada need more like him.

Henry is.... 20 years old? He has a England Premier League level central defender as a coach, and another EPL centre back Caldwell playing beside him. How about we let him play, and enjoy his almost certain development. If he doesn't by end of next year then ya, it's probably time to move on. But for now...relax.

^ & ^^. I may be inclined to agree with you that Henry had a bad game, if the entire squad didn't play like crap. That game was definitely a no show. Hard to pin everything on Doneil. I will say one thing in his support. He was the only one who consistently won their 50/50 battles. He also had a couple more of his trademark crunching tackles that left the opponent writhing on the ground. I will say it again - TFC and Canada need more like him.

Yup, that game was a write-off for the entire squad. Even Laba looked very off. They all seemed tired, for whatever reason.

I don't know what game you were watching, but Henry had a good game yesterday minus that first goal, where the whole team was ball watching.

+1, I have lost whatever confidence I had in him over his past 2 or 3 performances. No one looked good on the backline today but Henry stood out as particularly bad. Thing that bugs me is that Larson et all pump him up, but watching him defend reviles he has little to no technique and that he relies on brute strength and athleticism but gets exploited by more skilled players. Those plays that make him stand out in a game are usually him using his athleticism to bail himself out of a problem his lack of technique or positioning created. He's young which is in his favour but I don't want to see him in a CMNT jersey until he gets it sorted or he's going to have a harder and harder time in CONCACAF (a la Haber)

Little to no technique? He was more composed than anybody else in the backline. He maintained possession and distributed the ball really well.

I take it you two only watched the highlights.

I'm not a Henry fan-boy by any means as I have seen him play some awful games this season, but yesterday wasn't one of them.

Henry is.... 20 years old? He has a England Premier League level central defender as a coach, and another EPL centre back Caldwell playing beside him. How about we let him play, and enjoy his almost certain development. If he doesn't by end of next year then ya, it's probably time to move on. But for now...relax.

Even next year he'll be only 21!! He has plenty of time, everyone needs to relax. The kid is a monster you can tell he needs time to adjust to his body, he often has that awkward baby giraffe look out there. But man he can make some monstrous plays back there at times. The tackle (not sure who it was on) where he just trapped the ball from the guys feet as he tried to take him on coming into the box and the Crew player just flopped into the box on impact was embarrassingly clean it was like he was playing a 13 year old.

The guy who has been disappointing is Ashtone Morgan, he's not even going to be in the league in a few seasons if he doesn't improve. He relies on speed, physical play (often times borderline) and simple passes, it's actually sad to analyze his game solely in a match.

Archived