Toronto FC Roster Dance 2012

MM2

Right now Aceval has shown no recovery pace to be isolated as a fullback in 1 v 1s. That might have worked in a Preki system where the flank midfield guy on his side would do most of that type of defending (how many times did you ever see Nick Garcia alone in a 1 v 1 defensive situation while playing LB? Answer: hardly, if ever), but not with this team.

Hall looks like he might be useful cover for both fullback positions and in midfield. He put Stinson in the stands for this last match.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right now Aceval has shown no recovery pace to be isolated as a fullback in 1 v 1s. That might have worked in a Preki system where the flank midfield guy on his side would do most of that type of defending (how many times did you ever see Nick Garcia alone in a 1 v 1 defensive situation while playing LB? Answer: hardly, if ever), but not with this team.

Hall looks like he might be useful cover for both fullback positions and in midfield. He put Stinson in the stands for this last match.

Aceval has demonstrated an inability to defend period. He gives the ball away more than any other defender in the worst positions...

I get the feeling that Winter's justifies keeping him in the line-up based on his dead-ball skills. I'm not convinced that this is a good enough justification to keep him there. But, I guess we cant blame Aceval completely for not performing as well as expected in this area, he hasn't had that many good opportunities to test his ability...

Going back to my main point, I think Cann/Henry should stay in the CB position regularly... They aren't world beaters, but TFC needs some consistency in that position to allow the two to gel. Shifting them around isn't going to help with there chemistry. Its also not going to help Eckersley or Morgan if they have to adjust to the playing style of a different CB for each match.

No, I don't think I'm mistaken. IMScouting has him as a Leftback primarily.....

Still think that the way that they offered Andy Iro a contract and the timing of Yourassowky being put on waivers points to Aceval being brought in primarily to play left back. Whoever made the decision to sign Aceval and Caiceido prior to training camp without seeing them in action against MLS opposition should be fired because it has completely wrecked this season.

Still think that the way that they offered Andy Iro a contract and the timing of Yourassowky being put on waivers points to Aceval being brought in primarily to play left back. Whoever made the decision to sign Aceval and Caiceido prior to training camp without seeing them in action against MLS opposition should be fired because it has completely wrecked this season.

Maybe Winter's thought he can muddle through until Cann and William's returns to the line-up. I don't think anybody, not even Winter's would have predicted that TFC would have had a 0-8 start.

Even if they were 4-4 until Cann's return, this wouldnt be a problem and Aceval would have been a good player coming off the bench if we need a player on the field that can take free kicks.

Even before Cann's return, TFC didn'T look this bad against LA and Santos Laguna (except in the last 45). Certainly not as bad as the last two matches... They bunkered down with 10 men back against Montreal, a tactic they didnt even use against Santos Laguna!

I can understand the switcheroo if Aceval was more effective in his position than Cann… or if Henry was more effective as a rightback than a CB. But neither is the case. For me, the ideal backline would be:

Eckersley – Henry – Cann – Morgan

Thank gawd! Aceval is out :D

Oh and my whitecaps roster dance thread is free game for tfc fans though it would seem. God forbid we touch the tfc thread.

How do you compare a few posts 6 weeks ago in which people are hoping one of the top Canadian prospects (Russell Teibert) gets on the field for the 'Caps to someone openly baiting? ie. "Don't matter what team TFC puts out on the pitch, they still will lose! Thats a fact"

I am sorry if you misinterpreted me jpg, I do not support Caps fans invading your threads either. I think all the cross country club rivalry is great. Though it's not needed to be so vehement and prevalent, on a site where we are supposed to be getting along. (I assume)

I just was wondering why the mods don't interfere to cool it down in Caps threads, they way they do in TFC threads.

I am sorry if you misinterpreted me jpg, I do not support Caps fans invading your threads either. I think all the cross country club rivalry is great. Though it's not needed to be so vehement and prevalent, on a site where we are supposed to be getting along. (I assume)

I just was wondering why the mods don't interfere to cool it down in Caps threads, they way they do in TFC threads.

Well, because this mod is busy as fvck these days. Yes, I may have decided to wade in on this and try to clean things up on the wrong day and you got caught in the crossfire. For that I sincerely apologize. I had to start somewhere and unfortunately that involved you. My bad.

Nevertheless, I try not to play club favourites and I will try to do a better job on the Whitecaps threads (as well as the Impact threads).

I don't think posters should be invading the 'Caps thead either, but having looked at that thread i'm not seeing where they have? I went backwards from page 16 to page 6 where a few TFC fans waded in on the Teibert-no-PT dilemna. Other than that about 80% of posts in that thread are between you, YNWA and Thiku.

Maybe i missed something?

Well, these are supposed to be roster update threads. You will literally **** yourself if somebody posts game results (or heaven forbid a PDL player) in the MOACA thread. Whether or not Russell plays for the first team is not really relevant to that particular thread or this one. I sometimes post squad activity at other levels in the club, but this has mostly been the result of all the Caps are anti-Canada crap that is constantly spewed here and at associated sites.

Well, these are supposed to be roster update threads. You will literally **** yourself if somebody posts game results (or heaven forbid a PDL player) in the MOACA thread. Whether or not Russell plays for the first team is not really relevant to that particular thread or this one. I sometimes post squad activity at other levels in the club, but this has mostly been the result of all the Caps are anti-Canada crap that is constantly spewed here and at associated sites.

You should go look at the MOACA thread again, Joe MacCarthy is the one who usually posts that the thread is going off topic. And yes, PDL players aren't pros and don't get posted on the list, was i even rude in pointing that out when i'd posted the same reminder one page earlier? I still don't get what this has to do with comparing open baiting to a comment? None of us even complained about the douchey remarks, we just ignored them. Seems to me you guys are a little sensitive about god knows what...

UConn beat the TFC reserve team 4-0 this week on their Canadian tour. Ouch. Looking forward to UConn's matchup with Sigma. Hopefully some of the Sigma boys can impress.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/051112aab.html

UConn beat Sigma 2-0, it was a pretty entertaining game. Here are some links to the Sigma coverage

Short post-game interviews"

http://youtu.be/jEpenOriovo

Longer game footage:

• 1 month later...

^ Meh, season's already over. They can throw a new coat of paint on a crumbling house, but it's still a failure any way you look at it. People willingly wrote off last season while Aron Winter punted around doing different things and they were rewarded with an extra scoop of **** the year after.

Yeah, I mean I don`t know why, it would be worth it to invest in a CB at this point, after Emory, Cann, Henry, Eckersley, Calceido, Aceval and Ty Harden have all seen some time at the role. Ì don`t like the idea of trying out another guy, this one having Seria A experience, yes, but appears to have been cut from a Seria B team this year.

Well...maybe I shouldn`t say that. I should say I don`t like it considering it`s adding expense and taking more PT away from a guy I consider to be the future of TFC at that role once his decision making and maturity on the pitch catch up to his athleticism in Henry.

It wasn`t two years ago we said the exact same about Attakora. Had that young man stayed at TFC and kept gaining playing time I bet Nana would be a solid player for TFC right now too, if his attitude was in check. Just sayin.

Archived