Toronto FC Roster Dance 2012

MM2

FCE is trialing two attacking players right now. Nonni, and a Braziliam central attacking mid (so, not a forward obviously....). can't see them lookin for a loan of Makubuya unless neither of those guys pan out. Nonni comes with a big rep so I imagine he'll fulfill that....apparently they are already working on the Brazilian's paper work.

Makubuya, like Teibert and Alderson desperately need first team action somewhere though

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, he was developing so well before that! For a while there, it didn't only look like he'd solve TFC's problems with a guy out wide getting crosses into the box, but that he could do it for Canada too.

Yeah. I remember watching him a couple years back when we beat the Crew for the first time ever and he was instrumental. He reminded me of a young Arjen Robben or Angel Di Maria...lulz albeit not quite to their levels mind you.

Yeah, so it's official. Good reporting on the top site, then, sniffing this one out early. They say it will address their need for leadership down there...and that could be possible. I'm happy that they use the words "leadership" without it being a catch-tag that actually means "hey, look everyone, MLS signed another 34 year old!" O'Dea still is young and has some good years ahead of him, and since they didn't use a DP spot on him, this could turn out to be a decent deal if he pans out, and I hope he does.

I also hope he's someone Henry, a personal favorite as a fellow countryman of most people on this forum, can learn from him, but that's up in the air...I've never actually heard it reported that O'Dea was really THAT much of a guy worth learning from, or that much of a lockerroom leader...so we'll see if that "leadership" tag actually fits this particular gentleman as well.

The amount of stablity that Eckersley has been bringing to CB of late (and I'd never been an Eckersley fan till about the last 6 games...in fact I'd panned him, but he's playing well back there lately)...

Well I'm not sure they DO move him back to RB. Especially not for a guy that is still learning TFC's system. It's not like he's going to come in and be ready to play with a brand new team immediately AND quarterback the back 4 like Ecks has been doing. Be realistic. Ecks stays in CB. For now.

I'll wait until he takes the field a plays a handful of games before I make any judgement. Clearly not the #1 CB we wanted but maybe a piece of the puzzle. That being said, this better work out of the sake of TFC FO. They seem a step slow with everything they've done during the window so this better be measure twice cut once.

Paul Mariner's management of the squad leaves a lot to be desired IMO. I'm not sure what he's trying to prove, but you don't just leave a guy like Eric Avila on the bench for multiple games when the rest of your squad is so poor.

As you said, Cann on the bench is a little baffling as well as Emory has been really poor in multiple games. Not saying Cann is an upgrade, but why not roll the dice and see if someone else can do the job?

Paul Mariner's management of the squad leaves a lot to be desired IMO. I'm not sure what he's trying to prove, but you don't just leave a guy like Eric Avila on the bench for multiple games when the rest of your squad is so poor.

As you said, Cann on the bench is a little baffling as well as Emory has been really poor in multiple games. Not saying Cann is an upgrade, but why not roll the dice and see if someone else can do the job?

Avila had a bunch of sub-par games where he was absolutely invisible. Not sure why you are using him as an example...he deserved to lose his spot, I'll defend Mariner on that one. However, yeah, give Cann another shot.

I was in K.C and watched Avila spend an entire half not marking his man once on the left wing when TFC lost to SKC. Maybe it's a case of being played out of position, but count me in as someone who isn't impressed by him. However, the others in his position haven't done well either.

I'm not going to claim he's a world beater, but he's losing minutes to Lambe, Hall, and Wieldman who have preformed worse. Say what you will, but the guy is more proven and overall a better option than any of the above.

I don't mind Lambe, but yeah Wiedeman isn't that great. Still, Avila is not necessarily a better option from what I've seen this year.

You're entitled to your opinion as an Avila fan though, of course :)

• 2 weeks later...

Why does TFC insist on playing hacks?? We are DONE in this MLS season, rest the big guns and give some kids some time FFS. Guys like Emory, Wiedeman, Freddy Hall, Maund are a dime dozen... these guys have no future with this club and they'll be gone sooner or later. Why waste resources in giving them minutes? Sign a kid like Tyler Pasher and give him some experience, have some brains for once. Look to the future of this team.

Archived