Toronto FC Roster Dance 2012

MM2

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hassli has had a tough season, but a change of scenery could work for him, he could still have 5+ goals in his boot this season. In Mariner's system he should get better service, just don't look for his head it's quite inept.

That being said as a 'Caps fan he will be missed, the epitome of a fan favourite. His play feeds off the fans and he gives back to them every chance he gets. Great off the field with fans after the games and what not, was always seen after the 90' taking pictures and shaking hands with supporters. Good Luck Hassli was a joy to watch you in the blue and white.

Managed to watch the PVR'd Liverpool game last night and had never heard of Pasher but he had some good moments out there. I am also impressed to see Jason Bent and Jimmy Brennan on the bench. Developing Cdn players AND Cdn coaches puts TFC in my good books now!

That was a really fun game to watch. It's too bad Pasher plays the same position as Morgan. He seems like one to watch.

Maybe one of them gets moved to LM at some point? More plausible in a 4-4-2 that a 4-2-3-1. Or maybe Morgan moves on to greener pastures and that makes room for Pasher?

I can see Morgan going to Europe and/or being moved to Left Midfield? Lindsay has started training and if he gets near his potential he'll be a stud in MLS so TFC has some options it appears down the left. Not to mention the players they already have in the wing areas. TFC is in a bad position now but with some good drafts and defensive signings they could go worst-to-first I believe - and I ain't a TFC fan....hmmmm.

As far as Morgan goes, I think he still has more than a few things to work on before anyone comes calling for his services. Totally correctable stuff, but still...

Pasher looks worthy of a first team contract, but no grand predictions beyond that.

Aceval is gone. Contract is terminated by mutual consent so we'll get cap relief:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/article/1232264--toronto-fc-miguel-aceval-part-ways

How was that for a dud of an off-season shopping spree?

Yeah it was a useless signing. Wonder if Harden is next, although I don't dislike Harden, he's useful at times. Let's put it this way though. The caliber of play, and player signings in the MLS is improving, so guys like Harden he were on the verge anyways, have to improve to keep their jobs, too.

As far as Morgan goes, I think he still has more than a few things to work on before anyone comes calling for his services. Totally correctable stuff, but still...

Pasher looks worthy of a first team contract, but no grand predictions beyond that.

This +1

Taken off the TFC FB page:

"At Kia Training Ground keeper coach Stewart Kerr works out with Freddy Hall. The Bermuda international officially signed with TFC on Tuesday."

A necessity with the lack of depth at GK at the moment. Roberts, IMO, wasn't ready for the show.

That was a really fun game to watch. It's too bad Pasher plays the same position as Morgan. He seems like one to watch.

this is where it would be nice to loan him out to a place like fc edmonton for a season or two. develop him but get first team minutes - while keeping him in canada and even playing against him in the voyageurs cup. would make perfect sense.

FCE have good GK - absolutely no guarantee he'd get first team minutes there. More likely to do so in USL Pro....but if Roberts is getting any kind of game time in TFC reserves (I assume every game?) that's good. Is he allowed to play CSL matches?

FCE have good GK - absolutely no guarantee he'd get first team minutes there. More likely to do so in USL Pro....but if Roberts is getting any kind of game time in TFC reserves (I assume every game?) that's good. Is he allowed to play CSL matches?

Hodgkiss was talking about Tyler Pasher, not Quillan Roberts.

Hodgkiss was talking about Tyler Pasher, not Quillan Roberts.

FC Edmonton needs strikers, and the only one that seems a fit for a loan would be Makubuya or Lindsay.

Would be a good opportunity for either of those two. They would gain experience in a lower league, and FC Edmonton might get some better options up front (Pinto has been very disappointing)

FC Edmonton needs strikers, and the only one that seems a fit for a loan would be Makubuya or Lindsay.

Would be a good opportunity for either of those two. They would gain experience in a lower league, and FC Edmonton might get some better options up front (Pinto has been very disappointing)

Lindsay would not need a loan if he ever gets to 100% fitness and his pre-injury level. That's a big if though.

Lindsay would not need a loan if he ever gets to 100% fitness and his pre-injury level. That's a big if though.

Yeah, he was developing so well before that! For a while there, it didn't only look like he'd solve TFC's problems with a guy out wide getting crosses into the box, but that he could do it for Canada too.

Archived