Toronto FC Roster Dance 2012

MM2

Why does TFC insist on playing hacks?? We are DONE in this MLS season, rest the big guns and give some kids some time FFS. Guys like Emory, Wiedeman, Freddy Hall, Maund are a dime dozen... these guys have no future with this club and they'll be gone sooner or later. Why waste resources in giving them minutes? Sign a kid like Tyler Pasher and give him some experience, have some brains for once. Look to the future of this team.

What big guns are you talking about?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is puzzling is that last night was the second or third time Mariner dressed less than the regular complement of 18 players. Would it have hurt to bring Makubuya along and at least sit him on the bench? After all, he showed well in the 10 minutes he got against Portland and has played well for the reserves.

Why does TFC insist on playing hacks?? We are DONE in this MLS season, rest the big guns and give some kids some time FFS. Guys like Emory, Wiedeman, Freddy Hall, Maund are a dime dozen... these guys have no future with this club and they'll be gone sooner or later. Why waste resources in giving them minutes? Sign a kid like Tyler Pasher and give him some experience, have some brains for once. Look to the future of this team.

Its because the coach himself is a hack.

Rumours going around now that Kocic lost his starting job because of a contract dispute. Classic, petty TFC.

What is puzzling is that last night was the second or third time Mariner dressed less than the regular complement of 18 players. Would it have hurt to bring Makubuya along and at least sit him on the bench? After all, he showed well in the 10 minutes he got against Portland and has played well for the reserves.

This has happened way too much for a professional club, in my opinion. Truly bush league management.

The real annoying thing is that it happened at home as well!

Mariner is out of his depth. He is a clown.

^ Yeah, I read that Kocic rumour today as well.

I remember that home game, but I think it was because of injury, supspension and international callups. I actually think it was the Timbers game, which is why Makubuya played - they had no one else!

Not sure about Mariner yet. He talks a good game, and you would think that Bent and Brennan are reasonable guys, even if he isn't.

• 2 weeks later...
Frings to undergo hip surgery. Done for the year as per TSN.

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=404584

Is his contract for next year guaranteed? Not sure it is worth keeping him around. He seems to be really slowing down and his decision making hasn't been great this year either. Add in hip surgery and he may not be even that great of a starter let alone a DP level player.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm pretty sure his contract is guaranteed for next year.

I don't expect Frings to walk away from $2.5 million that easily. I foresee another De Guzman situation.

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?2879-The-absurdity-of-Torsten-Frings

TFC will be happy to see Frings stick around. After all, he's the only TFC player worthy of a comparison to Eusebio!

Rumor has it that Frings told TFC he will not be back if Mariner is still around.

Clearly the solution is to ship Frings away and something, something, rebuild, something, something, maybe this time instead of saying we'll be doing a three-year total football rebuild we can go for a five-year Samba rebuild and fire the coach after a full one and a half seasons? We need a little variation here.

Rumor has it that Frings told TFC he will not be back if Mariner is still around.

Which would make Mariner a GOOD manager if he can manage THAT. No offence to Frings, but that's a handcuffing DP situation more than JDG was. That's not saying Frings isn't a good player...he is...but he's twilight, and becoming more and more injury prone. Kudos to him for how much he played hurting this year, I'll give him that.

Which would make Mariner a GOOD manager if he can manage THAT. No offence to Frings, but that's a handcuffing DP situation more than JDG was. That's not saying Frings isn't a good player...he is...but he's twilight, and becoming more and more injury prone. Kudos to him for how much he played hurting this year, I'll give him that.

I think Frings can still be a good player for one more season, but NOT UNDER MARINER. Mariner's hoof ball style just doesn't benefit anybody that resembles a Football player.

Can someone who follows TFC closely tell me if Stefan Frei has Canadian citizenship yet? I know he's lived and worked in Canada for three and a half years so he's eligible but I'm wondering if he has applied, with the diminished Canadian quota I guess it's probably not a huge deal but might potentially be of impact on the NT scene in a year or so as he approaches the 5 year threshold.

Pasher and Camargo trained with the first team today according to Mariner on GolTV. With Morgan out on yellow card suspension, maybe we'll see Pasher tomorrow?

Pasher and Camargo can't play unless they officially sign with the club.

Although they might be able to be used in the CCL.

My guess is that they were just training with the big club because they don't have enough players even for full training. The team constantly doesn't dress a full bench in MLS league play.

Pasher and Camargo can't play unless they officially sign with the club.

Although they might be able to be used in the CCL.

My guess is that they were just training with the big club because they don't have enough players even for full training. The team constantly doesn't dress a full bench in MLS league play.

I think you are right on the signing, but I would much rather see a talented youngster play than ..........nevermind.

But they do have enough to make up the bench, they just chose not to for some reason.

The thing that worries me most about Mariner is that he actually seems to think that guys like Maund, Weideman and Emory are either talented or have potential to be decent players. That is scary.

I would replace Weideman in that list with Jeremy Hall. But otherwise I agree 100%. Maund in particular doesn't look like he could start in the PDL. I have no idea what he sees in him. Maybe as an emergency back-up for a central defense position if he was partnered with someone who is good with the ball, but in midfield he looks ( & is) absolutely clueless as to what he's supposed to do and doesn't have the talent to do it even if he could figure it out.

Archived