Canada signs new Kit Sponser

jojoflow

True. Which brings us back to the "redesign our crest" thread...

Whats wrong with our logo? It has history behind it, its simple and represents what it is supposed to. Our logo is better than most international teams

http://www.comment.cc/soccer/index.php?page=3

Have a look at those, for instance take Ukraine who we just played. Our logo is a lot better than theirs IMO.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sick of Canadian sports logos and the same formula: half thing from the sport+ half maple leaf.

The maple leaf is what defines Canada symbolically with Canadians and especially abroad. You probably don't need to visually represent the sport in the logo as "Canadian Soccer Association" can work but it means we need to have it en français aussi or they need to change their name to something like Soccer Canada or Canada Football. Otherwise, for North American sensibilities, it would be viewed as lots of clutter while just saying "Canada" and a visual rep of the sport simply works.

This template is basically used by everybody from sport orgs to corporations. That being said, I think the Canada logo can use a refresh (at least looked at it by a professional graphic design firm).

Anyone know why tomorrow night's Kit event at the Queen & Beaver is a ticketed event that is not open to the public or supporters at large?

I haven't seen mention of this anywhere else. Does this mean they will be unveiling the new kit tomorrow night? If so is anyone attending the event, and will we be getting a glimpse here shortly after the unveil?

Anyone know why tomorrow night's Kit event at the Queen & Beaver is a ticketed event that is not open to the public or supporters at large?

Not sure why they chose to do it this way.

I don't see the advantage unless they are planning a bigger event in the future.

I haven't seen mention of this anywhere else. Does this mean they will be unveiling the new kit tomorrow night? If so is anyone attending the event, and will we be getting a glimpse here shortly after the unveil?

We'll have pics up at Canadian Soccer News at around 7pm ET.

The maple leaf is what defines Canada symbolically with Canadians and especially abroad. You probably don't need to visually represent the sport in the logo as "Canadian Soccer Association" can work but it means we need to have it en français aussi or they need to change their name to something like Soccer Canada or Canada Football. Otherwise, for North American sensibilities, it would be viewed as lots of clutter while just saying "Canada" and a visual rep of the sport simply works.

This template is basically used by everybody from sport orgs to corporations. That being said, I think the Canada logo can use a refresh (at least looked at it by a professional graphic design firm).

You act as if it can only either be: creative and cluttered, or boring and simple.

We can have a logo that isn't the typical halfsport+half leaf bullcrap, that isn't "cluttered".

Like... nearly any other design, while saying canada?

I don't hate the maple leaf, and I don't heat a soccer ball, but there's more than one way to represent the two. Off the top of my head... something like the FAI?

291px-FAI-Logo.svg.png

Archived