Canada signs new Kit Sponser

jojoflow

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else find it somewhat funny (suspiciously funny) that TFC's own national team staples DeRosario & DeGuzman weren't asked to model the new shirts? Or perhaps they were asked and declined? Not trying to be a shift disturber here, but I find it strange.

Anyone else find it somewhat funny (suspiciously funny) that TFC's own national team staples DeRosario & DeGuzman weren't asked to model the new shirts? Or perhaps they were asked and declined? Not trying to be a shift disturber here, but I find it strange.

Shrug.

Does it really matter who modelled it?

Like really, we could be asking how come Terry Dunfield didn't come all the way from Vancouver to do it...

It might have to do with the fact that JDG and De Ro are on the ****list of a lot of TFC supporters.

^ I can just imagine the chorus of haters if De Ro had rocked the jersey.

"This is all De Ro's fault. He so selfishly designed these god awful jerseys."

"Maybe if De Ro would focus more on scoring 50% of TFC's goals and being the best player on the team than he did on modelling ugly jersey's we'd be a better team."

"I wonder how big of a cheque they wrote him to wear this jersey."

Etc...

I imagine the design was limited to an existing template set.

If they send boxes of these to the women I hope they 'accidentally' keep getting lost in transit. It's a super-frumpster special.

First use of the chevron in a uniform:

manchester-united-1909-fa-cup-final-400.jpg

Then widened by Glossop five years later.

Glossop-1914-15-400.jpg

And hey, black and white shorts. Maybe next time we'll regress even farther back to the toga.

I LOVE the white kits. Would rather the shorts had a little something on there, but I can live with that. The red has to go and I was hoping for two completely different options for home and away anyhow. Maybe they'll do something new. With any luck they will only replace the Reds and keep the whites.

I dont liek the new kits they are plain nothing on the sleeves or back or botton of the jersey

the white kit is ok but no detail in the shorts or socks I hate all white.

I like that the red kits has black shorts but yet again just red socks so boring

I read someone saying they look like training kits and thats so true Its sad that the guys on this board made a better design than Umbro

As for the video Lang look lovely wow she makes the kits look ok. Was it just me but does Cann look like he does not like them at all none of the players were smiling kinda funny than Cann just says they are light.

Maybe if the v part was bigger it would look better

and on the white jersey maybe have a red v than black than another red one would look better.

have the red jersey the same way but have it white, black than white

(I hope people understand what im saying im not sure how else to explain my idea)

or it least have the line at the bottom of the jersey go up more

You gotta remember it's really an Umbro corporate event. DeRo is sponsored by Puma. I'm not sure of De Guzman but if you look at his boots from game photos he's not a Nike/Umbro guy either.

I came across this kit for a Peruvian club team, that seems to share the same design as the new national team's one. To my eye, the colours fit better on this version, especially the uniform look with matching shorts and socks. Though I am warming up to the new Canadian one, as well.

http://footballfashion.org/wordpress/2011/01/31/san-martin-de-porres-umbro-2011-home-and-away-kits-camisetas/

5396841589_719fef7802_b.jpg

5397439902_ee91c012b5.jpg

So the Montreal Impact promotes tomorrows game on facebook and all the people can talk about his how ugly the national jersey is. It's that bad

the CSA marketing team are going to have their work cut out . Unless they are partly responsible for this atrocity ......

So the Montreal Impact promotes tomorrows game on facebook and all the people can talk about his how ugly the national jersey is. It's that bad

the CSA marketing team are going to have their work cut out . Unless they are partly responsible for this atrocity ......

Hell we'll take that press! At least people are talking

Archived