Canada signs new Kit Sponser

jojoflow

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The question is what can we do to push for that design? A letter to umbro/csa? A petition?

I would imagine it's much too late now. The Greece game is a little under a month away and the shirts have most likely been finalized.

I hope Soju sent the CSA the one without collar. We all agreed at the time it was the better one.

Hate to dampen the enthusiasm but this could be really disappointing. Umbro internationals are usually really lame.

I wonder if it was pure cash or the bids involved design.

Surely the respective governing bodies have a say on how the kits look.

Well all Umbro has to do is put shirts in stores and they'll have done a lot more than Adidas ever did

so sad but so damn true.

Umbro did a great job with re-inventing Peru's shirt hope they don't drop the ball on this one. As much as i like adidas, too much cookie cutter un-original crap and in the MLS it's overkill.

When it comes to jersey's I think simple is always best.

If they just made an all red or all white jersey with the umbro crest and the Canada crest only that would be the perfect jersey. I don't need all that stupid piping and weird squiggles.

Less is more.

When it comes to jersey's I think simple is always best.

If they just made an all red or all white jersey with the umbro crest and the Canada crest only that would be the perfect jersey. I don't need all that stupid piping and weird squiggles.

Less is more.

I think it needs some detail to justify the price, but I do agreed that adidas has been getting carried away with piping and squiggles (thank the heavens we will not be forced to sport the adidas bra-straps). I'm hoping for something classier from Umbro.

It's happened once before so I guess there is hope for you guys :D

It's possible that the kit you see revealed in February is not the new official full-time jersey - which explains a bit why the public won't be able to purchase until the summer. The kit being used in the meantime will NOT be something that looks like the "ajax" jersey... perhaps there is hope it will come summer 2011.

Cheers,

Regs.

Yes, great design soju.

Problem is about suggestions, the people that get them (csa, umbro, whomever) almost have to avoid the suggestions for fear of some sort of intellectual property infringement, and have to opt for something either standard with other kits from the other manufacturers or something completely original that nobody comes up with. That is one of the reasons why the manufacturers come up with cookie-cutter designs for all the teams, apart from easy brand recognition. It's a minefield out there!

If soju is not approached with a legal document granting full rights to CSA and Umbro, I think it is unlikely his design or something approaching it, would be accepted.

Yes, great design soju.

Problem is about suggestions, the people that get them (csa, umbro, whomever) almost have to avoid the suggestions for fear of some sort of intellectual property infringement, and have to opt for something either standard with other kits from the other manufacturers or something completely original that nobody comes up with. That is one of the reasons why the manufacturers come up with cookie-cutter designs for all the teams, apart from easy brand recognition. It's a minefield out there!

If soju is not approached with a legal document granting full rights to CSA and Umbro, I think it is unlikely his design or something approaching it, would be accepted.

Now that you put it like that, Soju should be compensated. They should throw like $500,000 at him to be safe.

Maybe you could negotiate to get a jersey out of it. Then they wouldn't have to worry that you might come back to them after they make the RIGHT choice looking for compensation. The fact that you haven't heard anything doesn't sound encouraging though.

Maybe you could negotiate to get a jersey out of it. Then they wouldn't have to worry that you might come back to them after they make the RIGHT choice looking for compensation. The fact that you haven't heard anything doesn't sound encouraging though.

Well, technically, the reverse Ajax design probably wouldn't be grounds for a lawsuit or anything. I mean, anyone can use a colour scheme and pattern like that.

The reason those simple Cymraeg/English kits look good, is because of those classic crests. Imagine a simple Canada jersey with our "futuristic" soccer ball/leaf combo.

I'm sick of Canadian sports logos and the same formula: half thing from the sport+ half maple leaf.

Fencing canada

Curling canada

Hockey Canada

Basketball canada

all crap.

Archived