Canada signs new Kit Sponser

jojoflow

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Design side of things: yay! no more Adidas and their bland crap. Hopefully Umbro will come up with something inspired.

"It is not only Umbro’s presence on the pitch that is important for the organisation, but their commitment to ensuring that the Canadian Soccer Association brand has a strong retail presence.”

Pardon my cynicism, but when was the last time Umbro had anything resembling this? Maybe it's a case of being more willing to use what they've got, but there are a number of manufacturers that would at face have much better distribution channels. Umbro product is very much an afterthought in many places.

Design side of things: yay! no more Adidas and their bland crap. Hopefully Umbro will come up with something inspired.

"It is not only Umbro’s presence on the pitch that is important for the organisation, but their commitment to ensuring that the Canadian Soccer Association brand has a strong retail presence.”

Pardon my cynicism, but when was the last time Umbro had anything resembling this? Maybe it's a case of being more willing to use what they've got, but there are a number of manufacturers that would at face have much better distribution channels. Umbro product is very much an afterthought in many places.

Well all Umbro has to do is put shirts in stores and they'll have done a lot more than Adidas ever did

I like it but would that be considered our red kit? If so I would like to see the white kit done with a collar nothing too fancy maybe pinstripes like Vancouver

I would have included a button-up collar on my design, but I just sort of used the Ajax home jersey as a template and again, I used paint.

I don't mind the sound of the white jersey at all.

I would have included a button-up collar on my design, but I just sort of used the Ajax home jersey as a template and again, I used paint.

I don't mind the sound of the white jersey at all.

Something like this???? (Designed by someone else on the board - forget who)

canadashirtrevajax.jpg

Something like this???? (Designed by someone else on the board - forget who)

canadashirtrevajax.jpg

EXACTLY.

With white shorts and red socks. That is exactly what I wanted to represent with my ajax alteration. Soju should be given a f***ing medal!

I think the design looks great because it mimics the Canadian flag, using the CSA badge as the maple leaf. (rather than adding one and looking awkward)

It's a total beauty, if we had a jersey like that I'd be happy to buy it on July 2nd. long sleeves, of course.

As I said in another thread a while back, Soju's design is excellent. Apart from the colour scheme, I particularly like the placement of the crest and number. Just makes it that much better that the cookie-cutter jersey we've been given in the past. By now, the design has been in place for some time and is ready to be debuted in Greece. I hope the CSA finally saw the light and asked for something like Soju came up with.

I hope ICF can manage to acquire a few shirts so the fans can get a preview.

As I said in another thread a while back, Soju's design is excellent. Apart from the colour scheme, I particularly like the placement of the crest and number. Just makes it that much better that the cookie-cutter jersey we've been given in the past. By now, the design has been in place for some time and is ready to be debuted in Greece. I hope the CSA finally saw the light and asked for something like Soju came up with.

I hope ICF can manage to acquire a few shirts so the fans can get a preview.

I hope to have a pic or two by early next week, at the latest.

Soju is the man! I love this design. Canada has had crappy designs for a long time. If they rebrand themselves and spend some $$$ on marketing they may make a lot more money off merchandise. Whenever Canada plays their displays are terrible and quality of merchandise does not match the price.

With such overwhelming support for this design and indications of a desire to buy a kit of this design I fear that it is going to be just another disappointment in the life of a NT supporter. This one may be even more painful than losing certain players to other nations because it is something that should be entirely under our control as a nation. If my fears are wrong and this design is implemented then sign me up for earliest possible purchase.

With such overwhelming support for this design and indications of a desire to buy a kit of this design I fear that it is going to be just another disappointment in the life of a NT supporter. This one may be even more painful than losing certain players to other nations because it is something that should be entirely under our control as a nation. If my fears are wrong and this design is implemented then sign me up for earliest possible purchase.

This ^

It just makes too much sense for the CSA to use that design... a kit that even a casual or non-fan will want?! NOOOO what a concept!

That kit would probably be the best in the country but chances are we'll get a cookie cutter design and fans will just buy TFC and Vancouver kits.

EXACTLY.

With white shorts and red socks. That is exactly what I wanted to represent with my ajax alteration. Soju should be given a f***ing medal!

I think the design looks great because it mimics the Canadian flag, using the CSA badge as the maple leaf. (rather than adding one and looking awkward)

It's a total beauty, if we had a jersey like that I'd be happy to buy it on July 2nd. long sleeves, of course.

Agreed. That is a hell of a kit. Would instantly be the best we have ever had.

I havent had a chance to mock it up yet, but what about a maple leaf where the number on that kit is? A red maple leaf with the number in white. You might have to widen the white strip in the middle, but I think that would look great.

Agreed. That is a hell of a kit. Would instantly be the best we have ever had.

I havent had a chance to mock it up yet, but what about a maple leaf where the number on that kit is? A red maple leaf with the number in white. You might have to widen the white strip in the middle, but I think that would look great.

Initially I thought the same thing but then I realized it would look too much like the flag.

The other thing with Soju's design is that to me it looks unbalanced with the Umbro logo on the left and then the CSA and number in the middle. I would keep the Umbro logo and number where they are but move the CSA logo to the right.

As far as letting the CSA know how we feel I would say email them but there's no point. I've emailed them 3 times about different things and I've never recieved an email back.

Archived