Scottish media report on DeRosario having a trial with Celtic

The likelihood that the fault or the blame can all be put on one side is also pretty slim I'd say - at best this is just a miscommunication between the three parties, while at worst there may be some general antagonism that is being played out with shiftyness from both sides.

This Ben Rycroft article suggests that MLSE may not have been pleased with how this affair has been handled & that it is a factor in looking at someone else other than Earl Cochrane as a full-time GM (which frankly, would have been disappointing if they were going with that - what was Klinsmann hired for?):

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?856-Earl-Cochrane-to-be-named-TFC-GM

True. As for the article, I wonder if the "FIFA agent with ties to Toronto FC" is none other than Barry MacLean?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you can believe that what DeRo writes on his Facebook page is more accurate than that newspaper, here's what he had to say yesterday about that article:

"I look to uplift and do good for Scarborough hence my power training, De Ro Futbol Clinic, Inschool programs I have set up. I haven't spoken to one reporter but this is the world we live in were one article can make or break a person's career and not the truth. This is nonsense..."

if i understand him right that's quite nice to know.

It's hard to tell with international papers, like the Star, for example, here is a respectable paper. Hell, I know the Sun isn't considered too highly (the sunshine girl really classes up the place aha) but the sports page is usually pretty detailed and decent (and easily seperated) but i still have a bit of trouble realizing that 'the sun' from whatever country is a publication that would just make **** up (till the day I die you can probably call somethings the 'whatever star' and i'll fall for it)

I should probably just read more international newspapers but the star depressing me more then I'd like already so I'll pass for now.

Hell, I know the Sun isn't considered too highly (the sunshine girl really classes up the place aha) but the sports page is usually pretty detailed and decent (and easily seperated) but i still have a bit of trouble realizing that 'the sun' from whatever country is a publication that would just make **** up (till the day I die you can probably call somethings the 'whatever star' and i'll fall for it)

After Hillsborough, nothing written in the Sun, or it's related papers, can ever be seen as credible for the simple fact that they DID make **** up, publish it, then insist that what they wrote was true even in the face of irrefutable evidence to the contrary.

i can understand people being upset that he went to glasgow before his paperwork was complete, but im shocked at the venom TFC fans are spewing at dero.....he scored half of your team's goals for goodness sake.

he's been a committed canadian performer for years and has had a long and successful club career.....including this year....all of a sudden he is selfish and talentless?....of no use to the national team or TFC?

whatever faults you want to pin to him, he is a great canadian and plays hard for TFC game in and game out.....all of a sudden he's the enemy?.....TFC sucks, but you might want to look at the uninspired performances of some of your other 'stars' before you blame dero.

Apparently his self valuation of his meagre soccer abilities is not the only area in which DeRo suffers from delusional narcisism.

"meagre soccer abilities"?...really?.....15 goals in 24 starts, MLS all star and a trial at celtic?......seems that his opinion of himself is backed up by some evidence.

One of the Glasgow dailies published an article on Wednesdays game called "Celtic skipper Scott Brown defended after red card rules him out of Old Firm game."

It had 931 reader comments.

The only thread here in that ballpark is 'Mother of all Canadians Abroad.' After that the next highest in over 10,000 threads is 600.

After Hillsborough, nothing written in the Sun, or it's related papers, can ever be seen as credible for the simple fact that they DID make **** up, publish it, then insist that what they wrote was true even in the face of irrefutable evidence to the contrary.

?I just meant I'm unaware of which papers outside canada are worth trusting. General question, the toronto sun for example isn't a classy paper but their not your liar variety tabloid, right?

?I just meant I'm unaware of which papers outside canada are worth trusting. General question, the toronto sun for example isn't a classy paper but their not your liar variety tabloid, right?

Having never lived in Toronto, I'm not too familiar with that city's version of the Sun. I do tend to stick to broadsheets as much as possible, though, leaving the tabloids for the less-picky about accuracy in reporting and proper perspective.

16kub9y.jpg

Looks good. As a Celtic fan I would like to see him play for Celtic. It could do nothing but help him as far as the nats go. Who was the last Canadian to play for Celtic? I know Joe Kennaway was the first I believe.

You talk about Celtic stuck in an age of when they were relevevant. What's it gonna do for him in the Nas realm of things, he already is our best player basically it does nothing but line his wallet, I would argue it hurts his Nats impression as he won't be lighting up the domestic league in a time the focus will be all on the domestic league as the MLS is entering it's own in Canada now with the Vancouver in and Montreal around the bend.

He honestly would be playing stiffer competition in MLS game in and game out, rather than waiting for the Old Firm and the envietable qualifing loss in Euro action.

Does St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, and the rest of what make up the ever failing SPL seem like teams that will hone his skills further. I think he's well past the point in his carreer that playing well at Celtic will improve his life. When was the last time a player over 30 years old was sold from Celtic to a team with higher accolades than Celtic?

The only thing Celtic will satisfy is the that thing that he will sport everytime on the pitch for Celtic and that is the GREEN, how ironic, eh. My guess is he makes enough pay cheques in the green hoops and then makes his way back to the MLS probably to San Jose or Houston.

Y

When was the last time a player over 30 years old was sold from Celtic to a team with higher accolades than Celtic?

I know Larsson. It was 6 and a half years ago.

EDIT: Hey, Shunsuke Nakamura was over 30 when he moved to Espanyol. I think they have higher accolades than Celtic. It happened 18 months ago.

I know Larsson. It was 6 and a half years ago.

EDIT: Hey, Shunsuke Nakamura was over 30 when he moved to Espanyol. I think they have higher accolades than Celtic. It happened 18 months ago.

to rot on the bench untill he went back home to Japan.

And he did not go to Celtic when he was over 30 and then make more out of it.

DeRo is going there as 32 year old there is no premier league tunnel at the end of this road for him.

to rot on the bench untill he went back home to Japan.

And he did not go to Celtic when he was over 30 and then make more out of it.

DeRo is going there as 32 year old there is no premier league tunnel at the end of this road for him.

He could go to Middlesborough or Celtic 2.

I do understand what you mean. Celtic is for deRo as good as it gets, if he gets there.

Archived