The New Mother Of All Canadians Abroad

jpg75

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ricketts doing well on trial at Dynamo Dresden. He is one of 11 trialists for the B2 side, 2 strikers (Toussaint and a Ugandan).

Video of the test match Wednesday:

Iain Hume is 1 of 8 players who have just been told by text message that they are not welcome at PNE's pre-season training as his manager expects him to have found himself a new club before the season starts.

"A bizarre text message from a league manager telling eight of his players to stay away from pre-season training has created a huge storm.

Players at League One side Preston North End have called in the PFA following manager Graham Westley’s latest attempt to push them out of the club.

Sportsmail can reveal that Westley sent the text to eight of the players he wants out, telling them to stay away from first team training and that he expects them to be gone by the start of the season"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2169972/Graham-Westley-texts-players-turn-Preston-training.html

Fine then. **** Wesley anyways, Hume would be better off with a different club than a manager like that. Horrible timing for Iain though, coming off an injury riddled campaign, to be looking for work. Hopefully interested managers will look at his positive history in the English Championship, rather than one injury plagued year in English League One when determining whether or not to give him a look!

Fine then. **** Wesley anyways, Hume would be better off with a different club than a manager like that. Horrible timing for Iain though, coming off an injury riddled campaign, to be looking for work. Hopefully interested managers will look at his positive history in the English Championship, rather than one injury plagued year in English League One when determining whether or not to give him a look!

Iain is presumably earning a pretty good salary, much too high for PNE who looks destined to be a League One club for the time being. If you can't bounce straight back up after a relegation year it's a whole lot tougher on you.

Iain is presumably earning a pretty good salary, much too high for PNE who looks destined to be a League One club for the time being. If you can't bounce straight back up after a relegation year it's a whole lot tougher on you.

Yeah I'm definitely aware. But that doesn't add any extra class to how the manager approached this situation, which easily could have been handled better by any coach who actually cared about their players as more than just a means to an end. No wonder they didn't jump back up with an inspirational gentleman like Graham Wesley as prime motivator.

I suspect someone in Scotland Prem or somewhere else in England will snatch him up. But yes, a move to MLS would be a great fit for Iain....but he'd surely have to accept a huge pay cut, which at this point I doubt he'd want to do.

Can't see Iain playing "On the Continent"....maybe Scandinavia?

Regarding Hume, he may eventually want to play in MLS, but I also remember seeing an interview with him saying that it's not so simple, given his family situation. My sense is that he'll stay in England or Scotland as long as there are teams interested in him. I found this rumor of Hume to Bristol City on pne-online:

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?73699-Coutts-and-Hume

Not sure of its reliability ...

I suspect someone in Scotland Prem or somewhere else in England will snatch him up. But yes, a move to MLS would be a great fit for Iain....but he'd surely have to accept a huge pay cut, which at this point I doubt he'd want to do.

Can't see Iain playing "On the Continent"....maybe Scandinavia?

Could see him at Hearts or Hibs, but would prefer him at a lower end Championship side. Sheffield Wednesday?

Could see him at Hearts or Hibs, but would prefer him at a lower end Championship side. Sheffield Wednesday?

I feel bad for him to an extent - he's in a bit of a bad spot to be finding a new club right now. But apart from his cracking run in the half-season PNE was relegated he's been pretty much either hurt, out of shape or out of form for the past four years. I'm not sure rumours about being an anti-Westley ring-leader will help him either, though Westley is pretty polarizing. I've read that both Hibs and Hearts are cutting their wage bills - I could see him sticking around in League 1 if the pay is right and the family isn't uprooted too far.

(Mods can delete this if it is in the wrong thread.)

I feel bad for him to an extent - he's in a bit of a bad spot to be finding a new club right now. But apart from his cracking run in the half-season PNE was relegated he's been pretty much either hurt, out of shape or out of form for the past four years. I'm not sure rumours about being an anti-Westley ring-leader will help him either, though Westley is pretty polarizing. I've read that both Hibs and Hearts are cutting their wage bills - I could see him sticking around in League 1 if the pay is right and the family isn't uprooted too far.

(Mods can delete this if it is in the wrong thread.)

I don't know about that necessarily, he had a decent campaign in the 2010-2011 season where PNE got relegated. Sorry if that sounds like an oxymoron.

How does he answer that question about Ricketts, out of curiosity?

He says it is too early to make a decision and the opponents up to this point have not been good enough. And then he says it is also up to Ricketts whether he will stay and continue the trial or leave.

He says it is too early to make a decision and the opponents up to this point have not been good enough. And then he says it is also up to Ricketts whether he will stay and continue the trial or leave.

Interesting, thanks!

I don't know about that necessarily, he had a decent campaign in the 2010-2011 season where PNE got relegated. Sorry if that sounds like an oxymoron.

Iain Hume replies via twitter:

"To all who have read/heard the 'allegations' I can note now that I would never associate myself wiv leakin info or spreadin rumours to...

Anybody let alone the national press! I respect my relationships wiv the the fans and more importantly the fans love 4 ‪#PNE so I'd like...2 distance myself NOW from all the detrimental and ridiculous rumours that are flyin around with my name attached 2 them! ‪#thanku"

Iain Hume ‏@Humey_7

He was named Player of the Year by the PNE fans.

That definitely doesn't surprise me. There's a lot of disconnect sometimes between the stats you see, what you hear others say, and what actually happened. I was fortunate enough to get Setanta and access to a lot of Championship games, and when I saw Hume play in 2010-2011 I was always impressed. He never stops moving. Certainly didn't look injury plagued then...I think he has the heart to bounce back to form.

Archived