The New Mother Of All Canadians Abroad

jpg75

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest soccer1

You should check some of the Slovak 2nd League action...Andrew Kliment starts in all games and his team MFK Dolny Kubin is tied for 3rd/4th...Next Saturday,they are playing Spartak Myjava at home...:)

FYI - just read on his twitter he's been training there again and said he's moving there this week.

Re: Piette...

I really hope that pans out as Metz are about to get relegated to French D3

Update from his twitter account:

R.V. VI ‏ @kAlemanS

@samuelpiette u think ur gonna sign? Nd good I have a league game on Sunday I can finally play!

5 May Samuel Piette ‏ @samuelpiette

@kAlemanS yes i will. And thats nice man since when you are allowed to play?

okay, this might be too obscure, the only things close to a clue is that it's apparently it's 'one of the oldest clubs in Finland' but the picture looks like a bunch of kids. But anyway Kakkonen Eteläinen, Southern division, the third tier of Finnish soccer, the team EIF has Massimo Mirabelli as their #10, on top of that, in the second link he wins them a derby match.

http://www.eif.fi/fotboll/herrar/spelare

http://www.lansi-uusimaa.fi/artikkeli/109242-eif-katkaisi-bk-46n-tappiottoman-putken

Stuart Rowlands, Chilliwack BC, is trying out for a professional team in Turkey. Will let you know when I know more (such as which club). I've warned him to watch for the contracts in Turkey! :)

Having "coached" him 1 year when he was u15 I am delighted for him getting this opportunity. It's been a very long road. When I say he has speed to burn ... believe me. This kid has quicks and an eye for goal. He's a forward. The trial will be for the reserve/men's team as he's 19.

Stuart Rowlands, Chilliwack BC, is trying out for a professional team in Turkey. Will let you know when I know more (such as which club). I've warned him to watch for the contracts in Turkey! :)

Is this the same fellow who was joint leading scorer of the Abbotsford Mariners a couple years back? Good for him!

Same kid. Also played Uni of Fraser Valley. This past season he played amateur men's premier with Mariners FC in the FVSL (not sure if premier league or u21 though). Please don't mistake that comment for my suggesting the FVSL is some bastion of development. It's a high level beer league. But every so often some exciting kids come through it on their way to something bigger/better.

I am really pulling for Stu for many many reasons. Even if it doesn't work out he deserves huge kudo's.

^hoping for the best thiku^

In another interesting matter, Rei Ishikawa has turned up for FK Jelgava which is in the top tier of Latvian football, in fact, Jelgava lost on away goals to Molde in Europa league Qualifiers a couple years ago I think. The only problem is that I have to confirm he's Canadian, I've confirmed it's the same player from the North York Astros, but he's generally listed as Japanese, so I emailed them to ask *fingers crossed*

http://www.fkjelgava.lv/lv/komanda/fk-jelgava/rei-ishikawa-227

^hoping for the best thiku^

In another interesting matter, Rei Ishikawa has turned up for FK Jelgava which is in the top tier of Latvian football, in fact, Jelgava lost on away goals to Molde in Europa league Qualifiers a couple years ago I think. The only problem is that I have to confirm he's Canadian, I've confirmed it's the same player from the North York Astros, but he's generally listed as Japanese, so I emailed them to ask *fingers crossed*

http://www.fkjelgava.lv/lv/komanda/fk-jelgava/rei-ishikawa-227

Rei Ishikawa is Japanese. Came to the Astros from Argentina.

It seems like Issey is moving to Cyprus top division, with AEK Larnaca, at least according to this:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/is...ler_43346.html

I wouldn't mind if it was the league's best or second-best club but I'm a little disappointed by this, TBH. Canadians haven't had much success in playing time or honoured contracts in recent years when moving to clubs in the less stable parts of Europe (Greece, Romania, Turkey, etc). I don't know enough to speak with any authority on Cyprus or the Cyprian Leagues but, selfishly, I wish he would ahve taken a pay cut any played in MLS.

I wouldn't mind if it was the league's best or second-best club but I'm a little disappointed by this, TBH. Canadians haven't had much success in playing time or honoured contracts in recent years when moving to clubs in the less stable parts of Europe (Greece, Romania, Turkey, etc). I don't know enough to speak with any authority on Cyprus or the Cyprian Leagues but, selfishly, I wish he would ahve taken a pay cut any played in MLS.

Cyprus is actually one of the more underrated leagues in Europe, I'm not sure about the financial situation but it's definitely a step up from Australia

It also seems like Ledgerwood will be transferring to a yet to be announced team:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/nikolas-ledgerwood/transfers/spieler_8283.html

Hopefully it's a return to B2 ...

Yes Ledgerwood turned down a new contract offer with slightly higher pay than his previous contract. The club then said they were disappointed that he turned down the offer but were not willing to offer players a significantly higher salary than last year since the team played so poorly and thanked him for his services. I have not heard any rumours of where he is going so it is not clear whether he has something else lined up or was just trying to get more money out of Wehen.

Archived