The New Mother Of All Canadians Abroad

jpg75

Straith was released from his contract by Cottbus and he has signed with Saarbrucken for another year. He was a steady starter there and did very well so I think a good move for him, at his age he needs to play. Saarbrucken has a reasonable chance to promote next year. Even if not if he continues to play as well for them as he did this year he will probably get an offer from a team in a higher division that is a better fit for him than Cottbus. Cottbus had no attack this year but their defence was decent and there was too much competition for him.

Links to the news in German:

http://www.fc-saarbruecken.de/node/1185

http://www.lr-online.de/sport/energie-cottbus/Energie-Cottbus-gibt-Straith-nach-Saarbruecken-ab;art52793,3810460

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 year old Vito Poletto from Calgary,Alberta has been signed for FC Memmingen 1st team in Germany. Looks like there is Bayern Munich and Numberg reserves in the same league as FC Memmingen. Good place to be seen and make a name against those teams.

Vito is a nice little player. He played with Villains in Calgary whose TD has connections in southern Germany. He was scouted by TSV 1860 Munich a few years ago and there was talk that they would sign him. Nonetheless, nice to see him get a foot in the door in Germany.

Yep, with those b1 reserve teams in the league it's a great place to be. Not only b/c the b1 scouts will see him but so will scouts of other teams who were there to actually see the b1 players. Stand up and make yourself noticed, young man!

Off-topic question - did this kid ever play for the Alberta provincial team(s)?

ASA for 4 years.

NTC for 3 years

tier one soccer all his life

youngest player to play for Calgary United Fc in the PASL and the AMISL.

Interesting fact he holds two passports. He is Canadain and Italian citizen. Hopefully CSA regonizes this young man quickly and get him to the U20-U23 or National squad training and/or team or else the Italians may consider to take him and then we loose like Hargraves.

Kick some ass young man and CSA do not let this one get away from you , claim him first as a Canadian national player.

Kick some ass young man and CSA do not let this one get away from you , claim him first as a Canadian national player.

I understand you guys are supporting him, but don`t you think you are jumping the gun and overrating him a touch? lol at age 18 yes, Owen was playing in the same league, same system for Bayern Munich II, but with every expectation the Bayern was going to be bringing him up to the top flight, where he made his debut out of the amateur system one year later.

As it stands, he is the export out of Canada who did the absolute most with his club career. And personally, I think he can go poop on himself! However, he was always amazing and everyone had heard of him before he even declared for England in 2000. I remember reading "The Question" in the Calgary Herald, as I as from Calgary, and they were covering ********** heavily at the time. (See? In THIS forum, his name is a swear word...)

This is the first I've heard of your player, and I do hope that I hear more, and that he does make it in Europe...but no guarantee he'll even make canada's national side at this point, much less develop interest from Italy.

Please, let's support him greatly, as with all Canadian talent, but let's do so reasonably :)

Yes, but overreacting to any semblance of talent from a young Canadian soccer player is what this forum is all about :) He's an 18 year old with an EU passport who's caught on with a 4th tier side in Germany. Remember he was eligible for last year's U-17 team and I don't think he was really in the mix for selection. Not sure he's on Italy's radar yet (wink, wink).

The good thing for a young Candian soccer player is that he is in a great country and league which has some top clubs in it. This is definetlly a oportunity to enhance his skills and to play at a much higher level and depending on his progression and performance he is in a good place to get noticed by other clubs, etc..

What he does, where he goes from here in Soccer is only in his hands..

Good Luck Young Man.........

Yes, but overreacting to any semblance of talent from a young Canadian soccer player is what this forum is all about :) He's an 18 year old with an EU passport who's caught on with a 4th tier side in Germany. Remember he was eligible for last year's U-17 team and I don't think he was really in the mix for selection. Not sure he's on Italy's radar yet (wink, wink).

lol fair enough bro, go on with it then!

Frank Jonke has just signed for FF Jaro in the Finnish top division. They are in big trouble as they are dead last after 10 games and have only scored 5 goals. They expect a lot from him. Interestingly, Jaro was the club that brought him to Finland 4 years ago, but he never played a game for them and was loaned out. 4 years later, they are hoping he can help them keep their place in the Veikkausliiga.

Frank Jonke has just signed for FF Jaro in the Finnish top division. They are in big trouble as they are dead last after 10 games and have only scored 5 goals. They expect a lot from him. Interestingly, Jaro was the club that brought him to Finland 4 years ago, but he never played a game for them and was loaned out. 4 years later, they are hoping he can help them keep their place in the Veikkausliiga.

Thanks for the news! Here's a link: http://www.ffjaro.fi/news/frank-jonke-vahvistaa-jaroa-loppukauden

It seems like Issey is moving to Cyprus top division, with AEK Larnaca, at least according to this:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/is...ler_43346.html

Issey N-farran ‏@isseynfarran

@cookie2610 sup bro. Long time man.. World cup quali's is going well for us. Honduras tomorrow. Cyprus is my next destination man..

10:13 AM - 11 Jun 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Embed this Tweet

I am unsure of the reliability (no link) of the claim, but the Italian version of his wikipedia entry says:

"Grazie alla nazionalità della madre, possiede il passaporto canadese che gli permetterebbe di giocare con la selezione nordamericana, eventualità questa non totalmente esclusa dal giocatore."

CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, I don't legitimatly speak Italian.

His mom is Canadian and he has a Canadian passport. I think the final bit puts him as aware of his eligibility and maybe not completely against taking it up as an option.

Archived