New CSA Web Site

Bill Spiers

I like it. There's a lot of information right at your disposal on the front page, but it's not put in such a way that it seems to clutter it. The video montage is really sweet as well, and having the "recent matches" and "next up" is very nice as well (I had actually never been on the old site mind you).

Well done IMO.

Very well done. They even have the Dero "chicken dance".

I don't mind the provinces getting their logos up top. They do provide a lot of money to the CSA. The links to the sponsors all lined up at the bottom is nice. Visible, unobtrusive and all the links work.

The only suggestion I would have would be in the "Next Games" and "Most Recent" section make those entries links to articles on the games and upcoming events.

PS. I guess it would be too much to ask for a "D&T Report Meter" to show the progress of implementing the recommendations [}:)]

Huge improvement, that old website was just terrible.

However, there is still a lot of some room for improvement. In the "profiles" section... that's a great opportunity to put up a profile or two of current players so anybody browsing the website can learn more. Instead, we have a list of a bunch of names which is great if you want to do research. But not exactly peaking your interest if you don't know much. Same could be said for various other sections.

Past the main page, a lot of the sections still look like databases as opposed to interactive things that people can really spend time on.

quote:Originally posted by RJB

As long as the content is up to date, that's all that matters to me.

Word. The old layout wasn't that bad, and was a big improvement over an even earlier version. Especially in the area of player stats (caps, goals, etc.)

The new one is fine, but right now a lot of the old content is a weird hybrid of old and new layout formats. That will probably take a while to clean up.

I know we may be a bit hard up for good women players, but in the long list of women players there are 11 of them 103 years old born in 1905. I think they may be past their prime... Why can't whoever is in charge of revamping the website to simply proof read a bit.

quote:No pages were found containing Maestracci

No pages were found containing Montopoli

Agreed. Information regarding governance is buried at the bottom of the "About Us" section. The absence of any biographical disclosure for the directors is shocking (OK maybe not too shocking). For example, exactly what are the qualifications of Greg Anderson, Director - Professional?. It would be nice to know.

I am continually amazed that a two-bit junior mining company that wants to raise $500k from speculative investors is subject to rigorous disclosure requirements and statutory liability for its directors and officers, while the CSA, which takes millions of $$ each year from taxpayers and registered members is able to hide behind a veil of secrecy with no consequences whatsoever for mismanagement.

As for the rest of the website, it looks much better.

quote:No pages were found containing Maestracci

No pages were found containing Montopoli

Agreed. Information regarding governance is buried at the bottom of the "About Us" section. The absence of any biographical disclosure for the directors is shocking (OK maybe not too shocking). For example, exactly what are the qualifications of Greg Anderson, Director - Professional?. It would be nice to know.

I am continually amazed that a two-bit junior mining company that wants to raise $500k from speculative investors is subject to rigorous disclosure requirements and statutory liability for its directors and officers, while the CSA, which takes millions of $$ each year from taxpayers and registered members is able to hide behind a veil of secrecy with no consequences whatsoever for mismanagement.

As for the rest of the website, it looks much better.

Archived