Canada v. Jamaica: Seating Chart

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: KAS's post

117 is sold out...almost entirely I expect to TFC supporters.

I'm not sure about 118 but I'll find out. I know that if there are any seats in 118 left, its not much. Again, I assume those went primarily to TFC supporters but we won't know until we get to the game at this point. I tried to scoop 50 seats together at the lowest price point in the lower bowl on Friday and there was very little left. Upstairs, there might be some seating in the lowest price points but there were blocks on all or most of those seats in 226 and 227 (maybe the OSA has blocked some for clubs to buy...that's my hope). I got 250 tickets in 226 on Thursday but could not get more on Friday.

119 only has 14 seats left. I'm going to buy out the rest of that section on Monday to keep it in Canadian hands.

I'll call tomorrow morning to see how many tickets in the V's sections are still available and I'll buy them up. Once we have sold out our sections, we can focus on the rest of the East side of the stadium.

I just bought 3 more in 129, Row 3, seats 7, 8, 9.

A few friends from the Soca-Warriors will be in these, but they are cheering for Canada. All the hardcore T&T fans hate Jamaica.:D

Here is the update on our section:

We still have 14 seats available in section 104.

Section 128 has 1 seat

Section 129 has 9 seats

Section 130 has 4 seats

Just spoke to Ticketmaster (I'd use a more colourful term for them but I'll refrain).

The following quantities are available in the V's sections:

3 tickets in 104 (all singles)

2 tickets in 130

1 ticket in 129

1 ticket in 128

I tried to buy them up to sell out the section....somehow, when all tickets and service charges and taxes were tabulated, they wanted an average of $35.00 per ticket. These tickets are supposed to cost only $15 and $20 each before the extra costs so it seemed utterly ridiculous that the extra charges would almost double the unit price. I could not get the young lady on the other end of the phone to understand that almost doubling the cost of each ticket in taxes and service charges seemed a bit extreme. I killed the order.

Tomorrow morning, I'll deal with the person who has been helping me all of last week and I'll buy up whatever is left in those 4 sections. Hopefully there will be nothing left to buy and I'll focus my efforts on selling tickets in other sections in the stadium.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

Just spoke to Ticketmaster (I'd use a more colourful term for them but I'll refrain).

I tried to buy them up to sell out the section....somehow, when all tickets and service charges and taxes were tabulated, they wanted an average of $35.00 per ticket.

Eh?

I know applying different fees of all sorts (for the same event) have become quite common place but that seems a bit out there.

Off the top of my head, the so called "convenience fee", venue surcharge, and civic entertainment tax? Hmmm. Maybe $10 a ticket in fees isn't so out there.

By the way, outstanding job with the ticket sales VPjr. You're a animal.

quote:Originally posted by Tuscan

Is there any way to get ahold of the commentators before the game? By this I mean, can we talk to Sportsnet and ensure that recognition and tv time be given to the Canadian supporters regardless of whether the Jamaicans have a larger segment in one of the more viewable upper decks?

Since there is a Sportsnet employee on the board, he or she might be able to drop an e-mail. But not to the commentators (who, at best, might spend 15 seconds twice noting the strong Canadian support in Jamaica's 4th largest city). Talk to the producer.

First, there will be a sideline camera...and since the game is in Toronto, no reason Sportsnet shouldn't have a 2nd camera there for their own B-roll footage. If you can convince the producer to have those cameramen focus more on the sea of red, and less on the rather unemotional Dale Mitchell, you have close to 2 hours of feed that can be used by his director. Frequent shots of Canadian supporters having a good time should go a long way towards conveying the message to Canadians that Canada soccer is being supported in Toronto. Plus...if there's a scene on Gerry's monitor of a Canadian fan, and there's nothing else to talk about, that's Gerry's prompt to mention the Canadian support. No need for an e-mail....

If I were writing the producer, I'd ask to use the pre-game meeting to mention the (virtual) clash between spectator groups (maybe send him some stats on pre-event sales?), and I'd ask him to use a large portion of his sideline feeds on the Canadian supporters in Sections (insert most significant sections here) as positive reinforcement for those who aren't experiencing the crowd at home. After that...he's the director, I wouldn't want to influence his artistic or professional vision.

Who would you rather see on your TV - Dale Mitchell, or 500 screaming V's? :D

I just tried to see if I could purchase 2 tickets for my nephew and his buddy, but no luck. Ticketmaster is saying there are no seats available using the V's promo code.

Anyone know if this is an error or if all tickets we could have purchased are sold out?

I'll talk to the soccercentral guys for sure. Early next week. I'm actually even trying to pitch an idea that we do a story on the efforts that have been made to get the "sea of red" up and running and keep the jamaicans out. I get the impression that craig forrest is no fan of the CSA and would welcome a story about fans trying to grow the game, despite their many blunders.

IF there is any senior member of the V's in the GTA that may be available for interview that would be cool.

I'll have a talk with them and post what I find

Cheers

quote:Originally posted by maccaliam

I just tried to see if I could purchase 2 tickets for my nephew and his buddy, but no luck. Ticketmaster is saying there are no seats available using the V's promo code.

Anyone know if this is an error or if all tickets we could have purchased are sold out?

you won't be able to get a pair of tickets right now using the V's code...anything left is singles and even singles are down to less than 10.

JP....CSA told me Friday afternoon that they expected the pre-sale to have netted in excess of 10,000 tickets sold. Pretty good but still lots of work to do.

We now must sell out the East Side and make it a sea of Red.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

you won't be able to get a pair of tickets right now using the V's code...anything left is singles and even singles are down to less than 10.

JP....CSA told me Friday afternoon that they expected the pre-sale to have netted in excess of 10,000 tickets sold. Pretty good but still lots of work to do.

We now must sell out the East Side and make it a sea of Red.

10,000 eh? How many do you think are Canadian. I guess we can count supporter groups as 2,000. Then OSA groups etc = ???

Archived