Canada v. Jamaica: Seating Chart

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know of at least half a dozen people who aren't necessarily hardcore supporters, but who got their hands on the OSA or TFC codes and purchased tickets. Even those on the waiting list for TFC season seats got sent the code, so it's a good bet that even if those 10,000 aren't all gung-ho, soon-to-be-voiceless maniacs, they are interested in the match and will be supporting the good guys.

At least, I hope so...

quote:Originally posted by Califax

I'll talk to the soccercentral guys for sure. Early next week. I'm actually even trying to pitch an idea that we do a story on the efforts that have been made to get the "sea of red" up and running and keep the jamaicans out. I get the impression that craig forrest is no fan of the CSA and would welcome a story about fans trying to grow the game, despite their many blunders.

IF there is any senior member of the V's in the GTA that may be available for interview that would be cool.

I'll have a talk with them and post what I find

Cheers

It would be great to have a feel good story that puts the focus where it belongs...on the efforts of the fans to make this game in Toronto a big success.

The CSA do deserve a few kudos (reasonable prices for tickets, better co-operation with fan groups, better starting time for a midweek game, etc...) but what we've experienced this week has far more to do with the efforts of the supporters of Canadian soccer and the willingness of several GTA community clubs to step up, spend some money and bring out large groups of players and coaches. Those are the stories that need to be told.

In some small ways, this week has reminded me a little of the initial groundswell of fan enthusiasm that swept up the TFC front office when they rolled out ticket sales prior to their inaugural year. It's not totally the same thing but there are hints of similarity.

BTW, I've got Gerry's email....I totally agree with the idea of asking for a pre-production meeting with the Sportsnet people, if they'll have us. I think the V's are sadly underused but highly useful resource for our soccer broadcasters, especially when they are televising a Canada match. I'll send him a note in addition to any others that people send. I won't publish his email address on the forum...that's bad form IMO.

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

10,000 eh? How many do you think are Canadian. I guess we can count supporter groups as 2,000. Then OSA groups etc = ???

I have no way of knowing how many of the tickets sold are in the hands of people who will be supporting Canada, but if I had to guess, I'd say 8000-8500.

I actually hoped that TFC fans would have picked up more tickets this week. I really think the email to TFC Season Tickets holders was poorly executed. the message was sort of an afterthought in an email sent to promoted this week's Canada Cup match vs. Whitecaps. I would like the CSA to buy the TFC mailing list by next year and start handling their own email blasts. If I were the CSA, I'd be emailing people every day during the pre-sale and once a week until game day.

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

oh yah forgot about TFC supporters. I haven't bought my tickets yet cuz more people keep wanting to go so im gonna get them soon. Since 104 is sold out where would you guys say? 105?

105 or 110 would be perfect.

If you are putting together a big group, drop me an email and I'll put you in touch with a person behind the scenes who can facilitate. She's made it very easy for me to do large quantity ticket purchases this past week. If i had to deal with ticketmaster, i wouldn't have bought as many as I did because Ticketmaster has been so frustrating every time I've dealt with them.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

I agree that these would be excellent spots. I have already written a lengthy post here about different strategies to use ("Own the corners", "East bridge to TFC", and "Infiltrate the enemy") and the reasons why.

When the sale starts on Monday morning, there will be new blocks of tickets opening up. If there are any tickets left in 117/118/119, then it would be good to get those and ensure that Canada controls all four corners as we already have the other three locked up. Other than that, I would definitely encourage people to buy in the East stand.

Buying in 105 would put you in with fellow Vs who are already in that section to some degree and of course next door in 104. Buying in 110 will put you in with some RPBs. Either way, you would be helping to build the bridge between the Voyageurs and RPB/U-Sector. The trouble though, is that there is likely already a sizable number of Jamaicans in 106 and 107 (maybe 108/109?). This could be abit of a problem so I would encourage everyone who has yet to buy to consider getting tickets in 106/107/108/109. Maybe Canadian fans will not be able to dominate 106/107, but a few could help disrupt and shout down the Jamaicans there to stalemate those sections.

The one part of the stadium where I would not suggest getting tickets is the second deck of the West stand. Since there are not enough people here to buy all the tickets at BMO, it is a given that a fair number of Jamaicans are going to get tickets anyways. It is therefore vital that we concentrate on filling the lower bowl (particularly the East stand and the SW corner) which would force the Jamaicans to settle for the second deck where their noise will disperse quickly and very little will reach the field.

If you are putting together a big group, drop me an email and I'll put you in touch with a person behind the scenes who can facilitate. She's made it very easy for me to do large quantity ticket purchases this past week. If i had to deal with ticketmaster, i wouldn't have bought as many as I did because Ticketmaster has been so frustrating every time I've dealt with them.

Nah not too big maybe 4-7 we are 17-18 just more people are wanting to come see Canada pretty sick. Thanks a lot though Vpjr 105 would be good because we will probably be close to Jamaican supporters too wind them up a bit :D

edit: I was thinkin for Jamaican sections red smoke bombs outta choke em out no?

quote:Originally posted by caristiz

FYI: I've bought 7 tickets in the first row of Section 125 and 2 of us will be wearing the V's scarves and making noise for Canada!!!

we need more newbies like you....A V with only 2 posts who buys 7 tickets is my type of guy

Definitely a great job by the V's thus far (big thanks to Winnipeg Fury for all his hard work) but the job of selling out BMO is not done.

As of right now, the following sections that are dedicated to Canadian supporters have inventory remaining:

Section 116 - about 40 remaining

Section 125 - about 300 remaining

Section 226 - about 150 remaining

Section 227 - about 250 remaining.

I'm waiting for confirmation on Section 105

The following sections are totally sold out:

101, 102, 103, 104, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 117, 118, 119, 120, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130

Section 105 is also sold out.

So is Section 116 (I just bought out what was left)...if anyone wants tickets in 116, let me know by email and I'll add you to the list. My email is attached to my profile.

Section 105 is also sold out.

So is Section 116 (I just bought out what was left)...if anyone wants tickets in 116, let me know by email and I'll add you to the list. My email is attached to my profile.

how many 116 do you have?

<s>about 30 left</s>

<s>exactly 26 left</s>

<s>exactly 22 tickets left</s>

exactly 20 tickets left

here is the breakdown:

Rows 6 / seats 11 - 13

Rows 7  / seats 11 - 13

Rows 8  / seats 11 - 13

Rows 9  / seats 11 - 13

Rows 10  / seats 11 - 13

Rows 10 / seat 28