Canada v. Jamaica: Seating Chart

It looks like I was given false information earlier by Ticketmaster.

Here are the tickets remaining in 104 as of a couple of hours ago:

Row 23 - 1 seat

Row 28 - 3 seats

Row 30 - 3 seats

Row 32 - 5 seats

Row 33 - 20 seats

No sold out yet, but a ton of tickets sold in a couple of days. Let's dig deep and wrap this section up !

101, 102, 103, are sold out.

128 - 1 seat left.

129 - 22 seats left

130 - 13 seats left

For those that want tickets in 104, feel free to buy in 128,129 and 130 and simply come stand with us in 104. No problems if you are wearing red & white.

This should be wrapped up tomorrow.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by VPjr

Great work V's.

There are only 12 seats left in 119. that is supposed to be a Jamaican section but I know that there will be a fair number of Canadian supporters in there (including my group of 100). Let's get some people over there and lets keep invading the designated Jamaican sections in the lower bowl. When 119 is done, let's get 120.

Should we really be telling people to do this though? I mean we've had people go over to the Reggae Boyz forum and ask them to respect our section, but yet we turn around and buy in theirs. And if they're going to get bounced from 104 if they show up there, likewise won't any Canadians be told to leave 119?

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

Should we really be telling people to do this though? I mean we've had people go over to the Reggae Boyz forum and ask them to respect our section, but yet we turn around and buy in theirs. And if they're going to get bounced from 104 if they show up there, likewise won't any Canadians be told to leave 119?

We have a section that is ours, and as a Voyageur I would like to see our section full. That should be our priority.

Tickets have gone very well, it's going to be a blast. Let's finish the job and sell OUR section out.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

When I bought my 100 tickets in 119, there was no indication that 119 was a designated Jamaican section. I can't imagine they'll be bouncing me and my group of 100 from 119.

Since there are only 12 seats left in 119, I'd rather they be occupied by Canadian supporters who'll help me try to drown out the away support in the next section. But, of course, sell out the designated V's sections first.

Plus, as far as I'm concerned, BMO is our stadium. My preference was to give the Jamaicans 2 sections in the upper northwest side and that's it. I told the CSA as much but it was ignored. Why be so accomodating to the visitors? Do you see where TFC fans are forced to sit when they go to New England or DC...screw it...why should we be so polite. For the life of me, I don't understand why the away supporters were placed so damn close to the south end, where the greatest number of Canadian supporters will be located.

nonetheless, I'm pleased all in all with this week. Almost 10K tickets sold in 4 pre-sale days.

Just so you guys know, the JFA was given 50 tickets courtesy of the CSA for friends and family.

The designated Jamaican supporter sections (which I posted on the RB forum) are 120, 219 and 220. This is where their 50 tickets are allocated.

Ticketmaster is aware of this, and any jamaican calling asking for the Jamaican section is put in these sections (unless they request another section).

Looks like they are mainly buying in 107.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Just so you guys know, the JFA was given 50 tickets courtesy of the CSA for friends and family.

The designated Jamaican supporter sections (which I posted on the RB forum) are 120, 219 and 220. This is where their 50 tickets are allocated.

Ticketmaster is aware of this, and any jamaican calling asking for the Jamaican section is put in these sections (unless they request another section).

Looks like they are mainly buying in 107.

From what I was told, they were allocated two other southwest side sections as well. I'm trying to get them filled up by Canadians...I'm looking for clubs willing to buy blocks of 100-200 seats in those sections.

They're going to be in 107? just lovely...they'll be squarely on TV the whole game. Ridiculous. I'm going to find out how many seats are left in 107. We can't have that.

Gentlemen,

Long time lurker, first time caller.

I've bought 8 tix in the heart of 107. We'll be wearing Red and making some noise. I was just wondering where we got our information that the Jamaicans have bought up much of 107. Yikes...

p.s. In the summer of 1996 or 1997, Joey Torchia was in my basement.

quote:Originally posted by The Closet V

Gentlemen,

I've bought 8 tix in the heart of 107. We'll be wearing Red and making some noise. I was just wondering where we got our information that the Jamaicans have bought up much of 107. Yikes...

welcome closet V. Its 2008...no need to be in the closet anymore. The world is ok with people being a Canadian Soccer supporter...there's no stigma attached anymore. LOL

I have 15 tickets in the first row in 107 which will all be in Red. Interestingly, we bought these for the same price you were getting them elsewhere in the stadium....I am not sure why they were selling tickets in 107 for the same price as tickets in 105 for example....that's not the case for TFC games.

quote:Originally posted by pepher

hey all, i ended up getting 4 in 105, row 4 since i couldn't get my season seats fast enough in 104. I am now looking for tix in 104 for friends. any left would be appreciated?

look at Winnipeg Fury's post above...there are still about 30-35 seats left in section 104. Call Ticketmaster to order them up

quote:Originally posted by An Observer

I have 15 tickets in the first row in 107 which will all be in Red. Interestingly, we bought these for the same price you were getting them elsewhere in the stadium....I am not sure why they were selling tickets in 107 for the same price as tickets in 105 for example....that's not the case for TFC games.

seriously? That's very interesting. did you use the V's code?

Gentlemen,

:D

LMAO

Doing what? Drywall?

Gentlemen,

Reggae Boyz forum

Just got off the phone with Ticketmaster and there are 14 tickets left in 104:

23 -1

28 -3

32 -3

33 -4

30 -3

Who wants to sweep this up ?

Behind the north goal we have the following seats available:

section 128 - 1

section 129 - 18

section 130 - 5

If you buy the north side seats, you can easily join the main group in 104. We will all be standing, so it won't matter.

Time for the clean-up crew to take care of these seats.

There are still a few seats left in 104 and 128/129/130 and anyone who hasn't bought yet should grab these before they become open to the public. However, in anticipation of these last V section seats going, I suggest that we think strategically to see where in BMO Field any new purchases should be made and suggest those seats to Canadian fans for the start of the public sale. Outnumbering Jamaican fans is important, but where the two fan groups are located means a great deal in deciding who owns the stadium and is the 12th man.

I have three different strategies to suggest:

1) OWN THE CORNERS: ensures that Canadian fans dominate all four corners. Voyageurs have the North-East completely locked up, and with the help of the NEE, probably the North-West as well. U-Sector and RPB own the South-East. That just leaves the South-West. The efforts of VPjr aside, there will still be Jamaicans in 119 and 120. I am not sure if 117 and 118 were opened up yet, but I would encourage Canadian fans to secure the last corner by buying in 117/118/119.

2) EAST SIDE BRIDGE TO TFC SUPPORTERS: gives Canadian fans all the TV time and could help the Voyageurs and the TFC groups coordinate chants to sing in one voice. Simply put, the Vs are stacked in 104, with a few in 105. U-Sector has 113 and 114, while the RPB has 112, 111, and some of 110. So, Canadians should be encouraged to purchase in the East stand (starting with the front rows where available) to create a human link between the Vs and the RPB. Since sound doesn't carry well at BMO, this link could be essential in getting all the Canadian fans chanting together.

The problem with this strategy is that the Jamaican fans seem to have taken a liking to the East stand. Very early in the ticket thread on the Reggae Boyz forum they were suggesting 106, 109, and 111. I'm sure that the RPB took care of 111 and perhaps some of 109, but I am not aware of any efforts from Canadian fans to get into 106 and this thread now has reports of Jamaicans buying into 107. That could lead to far too many Jamaicans on TV in our stadium. It might *appear* to those at home that Toronto messed-up again and that its' a Jamaican home game. We should try to build the East bridge (preferably through the front rows) and atleast equal the number of Jamaicans in each section of the East stand.

3) INFILTRATE ENEMY TERRITORY: is the more controversial strategy. You neutralize Jamaican support by forcing them to disperse and by having enough Canadians in each Jamaican section to disrupt their coordination attempts and even shout down their chants. As already mentioned in this thread, there are already some Canadians in 119/120, and the "East Bridge" idea would prevent Jamaicans from completely owning the central part of the East stands. I wouldn't worry too much about the second deck of the West grandstand. If you can prevent them from being organized in large numbers in any part of the lower bowl, then Canadian fans will own the stadium regardless of how many Jamaicans there are in the second deck as the noise won't carry well to the field and can't intimidate. The lazier/dumber members of the media in the press box might be impressed by all the Jamaicans up there, but the players on the field will know and hear the truth. So, forcing them into the second deck makes them irrelevant.

These are my ideas on what to suggest to those Canadian fans looking to buy tickets in the general sale. What do you think?

Is there any way to get ahold of the commentators before the game? By this I mean, can we talk to Sportsnet and ensure that recognition and tv time be given to the Canadian supporters regardless of whether the Jamaicans have a larger segment in one of the more viewable upper decks?

It seems that beneath all the efforts to ensure coverage of key areas like the corners, everyone is still concerned about how the media (mainly tv, meaning Sportsnet) will show the game to the nation. I know that when I watch TFC games at BMO, minimum the entire middle section of the east stands ? (I assume east stands, I'm actually not very familiar with the directionality (if that's a word) of the stadium) is generally visible to the tv public. If major Canadian support is to be shown for the tv audience, it might be wise to get hardcore supporters into the middle sections, as close to half as possible. Just a personal thought on this one.

Archived