Affiliated

WC participations

None

WC honours

None

Continental Titles

None

Facts

· St.Vincent & the Grenadines has entered the qualifying competitions for the last three FIFA World Cups and constitute the strongest of the smaller Caribbean teams. They have come through the Caribbean qualifying round on each occasion, before losing to stronger opposition.

· In 1994 they lost to Honduras, and four years later were swept aside by Mexico, Jamaica and Honduras. On their most recent attempt, Jamaica, Honduras and El Salvador proved too powerful.

i St. Vincent & the Grenadines had their best win in 2000 when they beat the US Virgin Islands 9-0. An 11-0 defeat by Mexico in 1992 is their worst result.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the more reason for us to have been playing Honduras and/or Jamaica this past weekend instead of South Africa's B Team. What a waste of a mini camp and a waste of the lat chance to get the big guys together until probably March. So much for sweet dreams tonight.

Are we playing St. Vincent and Grenadines for sure. Or the winner of St Vincent vs.... ? I'm following here, CBC wouldn't load.

Is there not just one team that gets a bye to the final 24? What are the odds we draw that team two tournaments in a row?

cheers,

matthew

Costa Rica have been almost garanteed a spot into the 4th round.

I actually feel slightly confident going into this group. Sure, I would have prefered going up against USA then Mexico (Costa Rica even more), but Honduras should be a beatable team, as should Jamaica.

I believe this group, specially the two games that will have to be played against Honduras, will show how far canadian soccer has gone. Was the last GC a fluke, or was that cheated win by USA earned?

Why is everyone so negative. At least there is no chance of underestimating teams now , and if Canada reach the final group then it will meet at least two weaker teams and no Honduras/Jamaica.

If Canada qualifies it's almost guaranteed a place at the World Cup.

The tragic part is, that at the moment just before Canada got drawn, there was a 67% chance that we would go into a dream group (with Costa Rica, Guyana, and one of (Panama or Haiti).

In that brief instant, a little part of all of us died.

quote:Originally posted by SCF08

Why is everyone so negative. At least there is no chance of underestimating teams now , and if Canada reach the final group then it will meet at least two weaker teams and no Honduras/Jamaica.

Because this is CONCACAF and the semi draw is more important than the hex.

We get one crap call (a given) and lose because of it and we could be out. There is no room for error. In the Hex, you can lose a game and still be OK.

quote:Originally posted by SCF08

Because this is CONCACAF and the semi draw is more important than the hex.

We get one crap call (a given) and lose because of it and we could be out. There is no room for error. In the Hex, you can lose a game and still be OK.

Archived