World Cup Draw

nolando

We need the south end at BMO Field again to be a PURELY Canadian supporters section. Here we can organize ourselves and our chants. We HAVE TO be loud and act as the 12th man.

Somehow MLSE has to set it up w/the season ticket holders. This will not only ensure a bigger crowd but also a more Canadian crowd too.

Let's be honest, we have virtually no chance to win at the Azteca. But really how many teams have won there?

Home games will be key for us.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

In my shock and horror I missed where the first leg against St.Vincent was being played.

Anyone?

Canada listed to the left ..so Canada at St. Vincent is my guess ...in the new ..Arnos Vale stadium a 12k Seater build for Cricket world cup...it looks like a great sight...for a game.

Note annual income in STV&G.. around 3000 Usd dollars...

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

You only sell visitor tickets to visitor zone in the visitors country through Jacks...designated..travel company.

You code the tickets sold in Canada ..and if you buy a ticket and are visitor from the visiting country the ticket is invalidated...let stop being ..fair and make the conditions right to win...

The problem isn't actually travelling supporters, but rather opposing supporters. Limiting sales TO Canada is a start, but I think most Jamaicans/Hondurans/Mexicans etc. are already in Canada. Some would probably come up from the States, so it would help, just not solve much.

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

Canada listed to the left ..so Canada at St. Vincent is my guess ...in the new ..Arnos Vale stadium a 12k Seater build for Cricket world cup...it looks like a great sight...for a game.

Note annual income in STV&G.. around 3000 Usd dollars...

In Europe and most major soccer countries the home team is listed to the left so I think it would be Canada at home first which would be advantageous. Not sure though if the left team means you get the first or second home game.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

In Europe and most major soccer countries the home team is listed to the left so I think it would be Canada at home first which would be advantageous. Not sure though if the left team means you get the first or second home game.

the thing is, having the second leg at home ensures that overtime (if needed) and penalties will be at your ground. The problem with that, of course, is that a goal conceded in extra time is considered an away goal... I'm still trying to figure out which is more advantageous, first leg home or away [?] depends on your performance in the first leg

quote:Originally posted by Toronto MB

Regardless of safety, I will be at the Azteca rocking my red and white jersey. I just hope some of you will stand with me as with fend off bags of urine, especially once Hume puts us up 1-0.

Out here on the West, Zach and I have been talking about going to every game, home and away. So we will proudly stand by you, as piss it thrown our way.

quote:Originally posted by themodelcitizen

the thing is, having the second leg at home ensures that overtime (if needed) and penalties will be at your ground. The problem with that, of course, is that a goal conceded in extra time is considered an away goal... I'm still trying to figure out which is more advantageous, first leg home or away [?] depends on your performance in the first leg

If we need penalties to get by St. Vincent we got more problems than where the game is being played....

They aren't a bad team...for the Caribbean. But, they still lost 3-0 to Haiti in their last competitive match this year.

This is Belize all over. We'll be fine.

Tough group might be what we need in this WCQ. Last time, I think we went into Swangard thinking Guatemala would be an easy win; no doubt about it this time: each and every game will be a battle.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

We will have to take St V serious, .

Here's a half-full observation. We're the only team that knows for sure who we will be playing in the quarter-final round. That, in theory, should reduce the chance of an upset as we will have more time to prepare for them.

At least in theory, anyway.

You guys are insane! This is an awesome draw!!!

When we get out of this group, things will be smooth sailing during the hex! Seriously, lets get the hard teams out of the way to begin with.

We have to beat Hon and Jamaica to make it out of the hex anyway. So why not right out of the gate?

I'd be dissappointed if this was the final stage of qualifying, but since it's not... this draw is great for us.

Couple of thoughts.

I'm not worried about opposition support because it will be there regardless of location, weather, etc.

I absolutely love this draw and now want to attend all the home matches because they should be quality teams and real quality matches. Plus, play them all in Toronto if for no other reason than the time zone difference is easier from Europe plus it could build some familiarity for the players.

Hold camps, friendlies, everything at BMO Field and get the team in tune with the facility, the surface and the potential support both home and away. I'd also support a game or two in Montreal at the Stade Saputo, but let's put an end to this travelling group of vagabonds we call our men's national team.

quote:Originally posted by Alex

If you guys want to have a look at both St. Vincent and Jamaica, check this out:

Thanks for the link. Very poor level of play on both sides. However, one would think this is a Jamaican B team mostly made up of domestic players and missing the players playing professionally in Europe.

Archived