CSA: Roster for Jamaica

Winnipeg Fury

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Also agreed, except (and I acknowledge the pickiness here ;) ) that Radz really didn't have issues with Holger, he had them with Lenarduzzi. His early no-shows under the Holger era were Lenarduzzi-issue inspired, and it was Holger who managed to get Tomasz back into the fold eventually.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by David C.

My guess is that The Beaver's proposed line-up is what we'll see, with the possibility of Hart deciding between Braz or Bernier -- sliding Stalteri to midfield, if Braz gets the nod.

Probably. But to be honest, unless it can't be helped, think I've seen quite enough of Braz at right 'back thank-you. Let Diesel have his hour, maybe more, maybe less depending on the rythem of the match and give Braz a wee taste of the action. There are plenty of sub's available.

Speaking of sub's, Hart has to use them. These lads have to go back to their clubs when all this is said and done. Don't make it so they might regret coming out for these travel heavy fixtures.

Hart realy is trying to make an argument for having a learn-while-you-earn experience as the MNT manager. And maybe the CSA is nudge-nudge-wink-winking the man along. Guess we'll see. It's going to be hard to not promote an interm coach to the real possition if he's booked a possitive record during his time.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

We need them for qualifications, so that's 1 or 2 years before the World Cup. Who are those young guys you would call? You could give us some suggestions.

BTW, your post is highly offensive toward guys who have showed up (except Radz when he had issues with Holger) for Canada when called. If you don't agree with the coach selection that's fair but calling the players loosers because they didn't qualified is quite stupid.

they lost before and would lose again if played, if theyre not losers (with respect to wcq) then what are they? im not saying they suck, and i appreciate that the next generation would be building on and learning from their losing effort, thats really the only way to win.

fielding the same team that failed last time around will not instil self-belief in the team, which is incredibly important, soccer is 80% a mental game.

and no we dont need any of those guys for qualification. we have guys in their prime today who are better, these guys save stalteri will only take up bench spots that should be going to younger players who will start in 2014. this is not rocket science. in my view peters, haineault, edgar, ledgerwood, johnson should be automatic callups starting now, regardless of whether theyre starting on their clubs they are our future. i dont want to see another player getting his first cap during wcq like peters and simpson did last time. that screwed us. we need more forward thinking, i just want this team to win.

No Lars is pretty crappy. Sutton has certainly been ok but I hope Lars plays against Hungary, even just to see if his play has improved so much which it apparently has. I also find Ali Gerba strange I guess we needed another forward but to me in the few games I have seen him play he has showed nothing to sasy he belongs and the reports about his club play (or lack thereof) seem to back it up. Wow that is a pretty negative post considering I think this is a damn good squad. Adding Atiba and Klukowski is huge. Gotta win this one.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

they lost before and would lose again if played, if theyre not losers (with respect to wcq) then what are they? im not saying they suck, and i appreciate that the next generation would be building on and learning from their losing effort, thats really the only way to win.

fielding the same team that failed last time around will not instil self-belief in the team, which is incredibly important, soccer is 80% a mental game.

and no we dont need any of those guys for qualification. we have guys in their prime today who are better, these guys save stalteri will only take up bench spots that should be going to younger players who will start in 2014. this is not rocket science. in my view peters, haineault, edgar, ledgerwood, johnson should be automatic callups starting now, regardless of whether theyre starting on their clubs they are our future. i dont want to see another player getting his first cap during wcq like peters and simpson did last time. that screwed us. we need more forward thinking, i just want this team to win.

I agree with much of this....I saw some others post the new players of this roster when in reality there are none. If we won't try to bring in a new face or two, a genuine new face, even one of our promising youth players, in a meaningless friendly in between competitions, then I don't know when we would. BF's probably right; the "right" time might turn out to be during the next cycle of WCQ again.

Give it up boys. Take the speculation as fact, the mind-boggling evaluation of talent as fact, and, in fact, just give it all up to the experts on this board. Over.

Some fans in Montreal are starting to doubt Sutton's as good as he was in 2004...

The correction about the roster was a very unprofessional way of handling things, IMO.

I live the Beaver's lineup. Has Stalteri *ever* played right-back for Canada????

quote:Originally posted by David C.

Yes Mike is a left-back and is very likely to play there for us, as well.

The central defender idea (and that's all it is) stems from various discussions we've had in search of improving our (weak) central defense situation, coupled with the thought that we have more solid depth and speedier options at left-back (useful against latin teams), already at our disposal.

Thanks, David C. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I prefer to see players playing in the positions they perform in on a usual basis at club level. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule but I don't think we should get in the habit of doing this regularly.

Sutton can be shaky at times and must be playing at a higher level, that's why it's surprising not to see Lars who's playing at a high level. We really need an explanation about this, it doesn't make sense that we are calling our best players for the exception of Lars time and time again.

BrennanFan: on the 4 names you gave us only one would be available, it's Hainault. Ledergwood is injured, the other 3 are with the U-20's.

About your other point: "They lost and will loose again", its just pure speculation. T&T started a lot of guys over 30 in qualification and it worked out well for them (maybe you didn't notice but they qualified). This group of T&T players had their failures and lost in qualifying in 1998 and 2002 but it paid off in 2006.

You might think that Stalteri, Radz and some others aren't good enough but your point of "they lost in 2004, they'll loose again in 2008" makes no sense. I guess Buffon, Cannavaro, Nesta, Gattuso and co should not have been called because they lost early in 2002 and 2004???

I agree that we should prepare our youth players before sending them into a WCQ game and I'm not sure it's a good thing to let them go with the U-20's if our NT coach feels that they should be with our senior squad (I've no idea if he feels that way).

Brennanfan is right about Radzinski. No way should he have his roster spot protected any longer. The talk of how much offense he can produce is crazy when he hasnt in his last 8 friendlies. He is also getting old. Oh well the CSA likes him, that is all that matters, it is not as if who the best players are is what matters to who makes the team or anything. :)

You know having the best group of "buddies" together is what matters most.

As long as Radzinski is one of our best players, he should play whether he is 32 or 42. The guy was one of the best players on the pitch against Jamaica. And has been for the last 4 or 5 matches we played. The 4-3-3 with hin on the wing up front certainly works well for him (and us). I see no reason why he cannot play 3 or 4 more years at a high level especially ifhe is being used as a sub in the EPL.

After seeing him in Montreal for the Jamaica match and in practice, I have to say

that Tomasz Radzinski is a super talented player who has the necessary talent to help

us in WCQ. He can certainly mentor quite a few of our young players at the very least.

If age matters to you, I really don't see how an inexperienced 20 year old would do

any better in WCQ. Dwight Yorke wasn't exactly a young rookie when he suited up for T&T

last summer.

They've also changed Gerba's club from Goteborg to Odd Greenland. Well at least they are correcting their mistakes but I still find it weird that they haven't changed De Jong club status to Roda JC or still have Borsellino and Olivieri as MTL Impact players on their website.

quote:Originally posted by Alex

Did anyone notice that when the CSA took out DeRo and Jazic they changed Simpson's club to Kaiserlautern from Millwall? Funny cause someone on here pointed that out and now its changed after being wrong for so long.

Ooh, ooh! It was me!

I'm guessing someone at the CSA is lurking the boards. There's no way they could come up with that one on their own.

quote:Originally posted by redhat

After seeing him in Montreal for the Jamaica match and in practice, I have to say

that Tomasz Radzinski is a super talented player who has the necessary talent to help

us in WCQ. He can certainly mentor quite a few of our young players at the very least.

If age matters to you, I really don't see how an inexperienced 20 year old would do

any better in WCQ. Dwight Yorke wasn't exactly a young rookie when he suited up for T&T

last summer.

not to beat a dead horse, but you must agree that a balance has to be reached with our young guys that can play radz spot (johnson, peters), and radz playing. this is not being done and it will hurt us much more than any positives radz may give us.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

not to beat a dead horse, but you must agree that a balance has to be reached with our young guys that can play radz spot (johnson, peters), and radz playing. this is not being done and it will hurt us much more than any positives radz may give us.

Agreed, to an extent. Most of our young guys are with the U20s, but

are being integrated to the senior team soon or shortly thereafter.

Like I mentioned before, after seeing Radz in practice, he has made

impressive runs and has schooled much younger members of the MNT.

As for the "balance", it will come in due time as WCQ gets really

close.

Archived