Match Thread: November 13, 2021 - Edmonton v Forge

narduch

^ Broke up into a couple of different patches.  In the wind swept Meccano stand where we ended up there with I think 10 or so.  A similar sized batch of Forge support in the main stand and I don't know how many behind the goal.

Very windy.  Unpleasant if if you were clothed up.

There was no reason not to go for the out of town (like me and my son ) fans thar are in Edmonton for the Canada games 

Good quality footy - decent weather and to blame the CPL or CanMnt for not doing more to promote the game is misguided IMO

I can think that anybody who went to Edmonton for the men’s matches is fully aware that the CPL exists - so for what ever reasons they did not attend and that is their loss and missed opportunity 

- BTW great swag bag given away by FC Edmonton before the game - jerseys/ scarf were a bonus 

Went to the game yesterday and although it was a perfectly nice morning (beautiful for Edmonton in mid Nov), Clarke Stadium made things feel about 5 degrees colder than it was; the place is a wind tunnel.  if I weren’t having a good time talking to fellow Vs, I would have left part way through the second half.

Also Friday was also an emotional night; many people who turned up to Clarke did so out of a mix of curiosity (to see if the stadium is as bad as rumoured-yes) and obligation (as a supporter of the CPL and love for soccer in this country).  But many many others didn’t, some who had already bought tickets through the Voyageurs.  They have no less passion for the game (and CPL) but people were tired and a noon kickoff after a 1 or 2 am outing meant many no shows.  Others had prior obligations or were travelling with people not interested.  If it were raining, I probably would have no showed as well.

Credit to the 10 or so Forge supporters who made some noise there as well, but like Commonwealth, the acoustics are terrible so could not make out anything they sang even though I was directly across the pitch from them.  

As for the game, I can’t tell you much…I was more interested in socializing than watching.  The wind ruined it and the game meant nothing, except to Atletico Ottawa who finished last.