Canadians Abroad July 30th to August 5th

jordan

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians for July 30th to August 5th
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Scottish Premier League 

Wotherspoon starts for St Johnstone away to Ross County.

Paton on the bench for the other side. 

Update:

0-0 - Paton on in the 68'; Wotherspoon off in the 83' 

Scottish Championship 

Dario Zanatta starts for Raith Rovers v Hamilton Academical.

Update:

Zanatta scored in a 4-4 draw.  Taken off in the 73'.  Was 4-1 at that point for his side.  

Austrian Bundesliga 

Gloire Amanda gets the start for Klagenfurt away to Admira 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

13 minutes ago, narduch said:

Entered in the 61st minute.

Currently smashing Sion 6-0

Finishes 6-1. After 2 games in the Swiss league, Basel is top of the table and today’s opponents Sion are bottom. It looked like it. I enjoyed watching Basel much more than watching Lille last year.

Liam got 30 minutes but not too much to report. At around 70’ he had a chance blocked close in but it was offside anyway. At around 80’ a pass put Esposito through and he scored, but he was slightly offside. Millar had been right behind him, not offside - if Esposito would have left it, Millar could have been clean through. Too bad. Otherwise he hustled, made a few ball recoveries, but nothing overly remarkable today. I like the way the team passes so I think it can be a good fit for him, but if they are top of the league it also means it could be hard to get into the starting 11.

13 minutes ago, lowlander said:

Finishes 6-1. After 2 games in the Swiss league, Basel is top of the table and today’s opponents Sion are bottom. It looked like it. I enjoyed watching Basel much more than watching Lille last year.

Liam got 30 minutes but not too much to report. At around 70’ he had a chance blocked close in but it was offside anyway. At around 80’ a pass put Esposito through and he scored, but he was slightly offside. Millar had been right behind him, not offside - if Esposito would have left it, Millar could have been clean through. Too bad. Otherwise he hustled, made a few ball recoveries, but nothing overly remarkable today. I like the way the team passes so I think it can be a good fit for him, but if they are top of the league it also means it could be hard to get into the starting 11.

It sounds like he missed a header from 6 yards out?

56 minutes ago, spitfire said:

The cross was over hit but a good chance anyways. Held his run to stay onside… 

Another 30+ mins to build on. Games come thick and  fast a game every 3-4 days atm… 

Eurpoa qualifiers Thursday …

How is Liam adjusting to Switzerland??

10 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

How is Liam adjusting to Switzerland??

He’s doing well. Just getting settled in to an apartment soon. Family will be joining him soon. There was always going to be an adjustment period but we feel he is already ahead… good solid squad with a good mix of vets and young players a really great place to grow and evolve as a player. Style wise it’s not too far off what he has been playing …

Basel and Switzerland is a safe beautiful place with friendly people…. He’s really enjoying it so far… been involved (come off the bench)in all 4 competitive games so far… so he on the right track …

38 minutes ago, narduch said:

Arfield (1pm ET) and Borjan (3pm ET) are both in action in Champions League qualifying today.

Haven't checked DAZN's schedule 

DAZN doesn’t have the games listed. If I recall last year they only picked up the last round of qualifying

• jordan unpinned this topic