Canadians Abroad April 2nd to 8th

jordan

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians for April 2nd to April 8th
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

14 hours ago, rydermike said:

Anyone know if Emilio Estevez has left Ourense CF? He was previously listed as #20 on their rosters, but their latest instagram post  doesn't show him and shows another player wearing #20. He was last listed on their posts on March 14

Don't think this is the place for that anymore he's not able to play for Canada, nor can he since he's played for Taiwan multiple times.

Edited by VinceA

4 hours ago, VinceA said:

Don't think this is the place for that anymore he's not able to play for Canada, nor can he since he's played for Taiwan multiple times.

True, I forgot he got capped by them.

Although with the new FIFA rules that came out in January, I think he could still switch to Canada. Players can now switch if they competed in qualifying matches before they turned 21. (Munir El Haddadi just did that switching from Spain to Morrocco despite playing a euro qualifying game for Spain). He probably wouldn't get a callup from Canada anyways though

1 hour ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Marcelo Flores plays 26 minutes for Arsenal U18 in a 2-2 draw, all goals scored before in came in.

Just a quick question is he a starter on this U18 team? Or does he often come in off the bench ? I keep hearing how much of a talent he is , therefore, I would expect he is an everyday starter with the U18 at least.

3 hours ago, SoccMan said:

Just a quick question is he a starter on this U18 team? Or does he often come in off the bench ? I keep hearing how much of a talent he is , therefore, I would expect he is an everyday starter with the U18 at least.

in late 2020 he started 6 of 9 games with 3 goals, this was his first appearance in 2021, maybe an injury?

Kennedy played 90 plus added on as they fell 0-1 to Bremen. 

They seemed to be in a three-man back, him on the left. The goal was a long diagonal pass that was well controlled by Osako the Japaneses striker, who split the defense: but the central and right defender, not Scott. 

I am not sure but he may have been pushed forward into the midfield in the latter part, I don't have time to go back and watch in detail. In any case, he is a strong and capable defender and I'm proud to see his development.

In fact I only saw it was on flipping channels and caught the last 10 minutes, very direct football. Then went back as I have the replay option, and watched the goal. Jahn could have got one, but it was an attack without great sophistication or danger. Still, this experience vs. a Bundesliga side has to be great for them, despite Werder being rather poor this year.

• jordan unpinned this topic