Voyageurs in Orlando

sstackho

I was in WPG in mid 80's for a jets vs Bruins game and we stayed at the same hotel as bruins.  I was a teenager killing time in the lobby until I realized all these guys milling around were the team.  I ended up sitting on the lobby couch with Charlie Simmer, Kenny Linseman and Doug Keans.  Very jealous of you guys...

I was fortunate enough to run into Arfield, Spoony and Milan at the hotel bar after I got back from a few Blue Hawaiians at the Tiki Bar (forgot who suggested it but glad I went).  

The lads seemed a bit downbeat at first but overall really nice guys.  Had a drink with them and chatted about life (and football) in general.  It was a good 45 mins to an hour.  Spoony and I know someone in common at St Johnstone.

Also ran into Piette the next morning at breakfast.  He was by himself and we chatted for 5 mins or so - he wanted to let all the Voyageurs know that the support they receive is really appreciated.  This was echoed by the players I talked to throughout Friday and Saturday..

Thanks again to everyone who was there in Orlando. Despite the loss, it was a fun and memorable way to spend the last day of my 20s.

May there be more adventures to come! You guys are all awesome.

Special thanks to @JamboAl who went out of his way to pick me up in the Tampa suburbs and brought me to cool eats on the mini-roadtrip between Tampa and Orlando. He is the best of us.

Thanks as always to Jamie @admin for helping to set up the section. We forgot to sing "Jamie he approved this chant" for you.