Voyageurs in Orlando

sstackho

11 minutes ago, sstackho said:

Were there any negative interactions with the travelling AO at the Toronto match? 

Not really..shook hands with a few. They were generally pretty class.

------------

@dyslexic nam @JamboAl Since it was only for one night, I ended booking a hotel on Priceline (which was a complete rip off!)

I'll be at the Doubletree By Hilton Orlando Downtown.  My US cell # will be 267-616-6952 if anyone wants to reach me. This number will only be active from Thursday at 8am to Saturday afternoon.

I wanted to be able to walk back from the game. I assume that all of you that are at the Marriott are at the "regular" downtown one and not the Residence Inn or the Courtyard? The "regular" one being closest to the stadium.

--------------------------

@admin 50 people! Holy crap. Really? I expected fewer than 20 for sure.

Alex has set up a place for us in Orlando pre game.  Looks like a neat place, and he said the people there were really friendly.

We are booked in from 4pm, but can arrive earlier if we want. 

Ace Cafe Orlando

100 W. Livingston Street
Orlando, Fl 32801

It is a 15min walk to the stadium.  It is off the radar of the US supporters, which is good.  Not that they are a problem, always find them very friendly. 

2 hours ago, sstackho said:

Were there any negative interactions with the travelling AO at the Toronto match? 

The ones I met were in a decent mood considering everything and were even complimentary to our national team.  They just wanted their manager gone.

3 hours ago, admin said:

Alex has set up a place for us in Orlando pre game.  Looks like a neat place, and he said the people there were really friendly.

We are booked in from 4pm, but can arrive earlier if we want. 

I'm not sure who Alex is, but can he find out if we are allowed to stay parked at the restaurant during the match? 

Sorry, I made an account but I forgot the password so just made a new one, anyways I'm from Canada and I go to college right down the road(UCF)  GO KNIGHTS CHARGE ON!  Anyways, I'll be at the game with y'all and hope to see y'all at Ace Cafe, there's also two nice pubs down the road about a mile from the arena with good drinks 1 is The Basement(good drinks and people), Harp & Celt(Good Irish pub, but American Outlaws hang out there).  I get off work on Friday at 3 so I should make it to Ace Cafe by 4:30.  Also Tomorrow night I have a few tickets to the hockey game and my friends are out of town, so if any of y'all wanna go to the hockey game lmk it's Thursday night 7PM at Amway Centre which is right by the soccer centre.

1 minute ago, sstackho said:

I'm not sure who Alex is, but can he find out if we are allowed to stay parked at the restaurant during the match? 

I've been in Orlando now for about a year and 1. Ace probably won't allow you to park there all night because they do a lot of concerts and car/motorcycle meetups which uses up alot of their parking   2. I know of a few good parking options ranging from 5-15$ if you want to know them.

9 hours ago, Drunk_Canuck_Rye said:

Sorry, I made an account but I forgot the password so just made a new one, anyways I'm from Canada and I go to college right down the road(UCF)  GO KNIGHTS CHARGE ON!  Anyways, I'll be at the game with y'all and hope to see y'all at Ace Cafe, there's also two nice pubs down the road about a mile from the arena with good drinks 1 is The Basement(good drinks and people), Harp & Celt(Good Irish pub, but American Outlaws hang out there).  I get off work on Friday at 3 so I should make it to Ace Cafe by 4:30.  Also Tomorrow night I have a few tickets to the hockey game and my friends are out of town, so if any of y'all wanna go to the hockey game lmk it's Thursday night 7PM at Amway Centre which is right by the soccer centre.

Overrated! 

9 hours ago, Drunk_Canuck_Rye said:

We will need to find a place post match as all the places I saw last night close by 10 pm or earlier.

34 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We will need to find a place post match as all the places I saw last night close by 10 pm or earlier.

So I'll recommend a few places for post game: The Basement, Harp & Celt, Ace Cafe, Avenue, Gastrobar, Irish Shannons Pub, Elixir, Downtown Pourhouse, Finnhenry's, All of Wall Street district.  One note though, Harp & Celt and Elixir are big Orlando City soccer hangouts.

18 minutes ago, sstackho said:

Of course, do tell. 

So I prefer parking downtown, it's a bit more of a walk, but then it's safer and more secure.  Best parking areas imo: 55 West Garage, Orlando Library Garage, Amway Center garage(this one is probably 20$USD though), Central Blvd. Garage, Jefferson St. Garage, Orange lot, and if you drive along S Garland Ave and S Division Ave you could find some decent surface parking.  Most of these should range between 5-15$ for parking.  My personal favourite is 55 West Garage, it's close to all the action in downtown, only a 700 Meter walk to the stadium and it's been 10$ everytime I've used it to go to hockey games.