NOW & THEN

Binky

For that post alone, this poster should be immediately banned from the boards, he is obviously not in control of himself nor understands where the lines are drawn. 

If you are smart, Binky, you'll delete that and we can close the thread. Otherwise I'll be lobbying for your immediate banishment, and I will say that until now I did not even have you blocked, you were easy to ignore. 

10 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

For that post alone, this poster should be immediately banned from the boards, he is obviously not in control of himself nor understands where the lines are drawn. 

If you are smart, Binky, you'll delete that and we can close the thread. Otherwise I'll be lobbying for your immediate banishment, and I will say that until now I did not even have you blocked, you were easy to ignore. 

Done.  I just saw this now.  I was in Whistler at Crankworx and dropped my phone in a hot tub.   

Banned him permanently. 

Not to deflect too much but I can't get over how well mobile 'phones are made.  Complain all you want about cracking touch screens and what not but every mobile I've had over the last few years, and they have all met an untimely end. they where tough sons-of-bitches.

Bounced off concrete floors a gazillion times, out of hand and straight onto a Cummins head casting too many times to remember.  What kind of Cummins?  Pick one, any one, they're all the same.  Heavy and as hard as fu'k.  

Where did I leave my 'phone?  Oh, there it is.  Right on the front counter, but under that beer flat used as a drip tray for the 6.4 Power Stroke head that some A-hole dropped off whilst I was in the shop.  Just going to reel that sucker out by the charging cord it's plugged into (guess you didn't see that either, huh?), clean off some of that diesel oil and we're as good as new.

Crankworx in Whistler?  Dunked it in the hot tube at crankworx?  Juggled the mobile before last straight into the coolant reservoir for one of our crank grinders in Winnipeg.  Not the same thing.  Not at all. 

Hmmm.  Submerged in warm water and chlorine or hot metal-lube, steel grindings and an anti-foaming agent which is to the State of California a known carcinogin?   Hot tub water can get pretty nasty but I'm voting hot tub as the lesser evil. 

May your 'phone rest in peace.

See?  This topic was worthwhile in the end.  Now what the Hell was I doing again?     

22 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Crankworx in Whistler?  Dunked it in the hot tube at crankworx?  Juggled the mobile before last straight into the coolant reservoir for one of our crank grinders in Winnipeg.  Not the same thing.  Not at all. 

Actually, in terms of contrasting Whistler BC and Winnipeg, those are exactly equivalent situations.