Sign in to follow this  
narduch

Match Thread: June 26, 2019 - HFX Wanderers v. Valour FC

1 hour ago, Lofty said:

Whoa!!

You must be from the English school of football club management!

Yes, Valour have had a poor start to CPL life but give Galey a chance! In any case, as a QPR supporter I can tell you that high coach turnover simply does not work.

I suggest we get behind the coach when he needs it the most -- like right now!

LOL, yes, I was expecting that response.

We have lost 5 in a row now, we can't buy a goal. We are about to start the second season and the team looks shattered.  No confidence.  The same mistakes, over and over.

We all want Rob Gale to succeed, but a Managers job is about results.  If things continue down this path, it won't be long until this question is inevitable.  

31 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Fury also unbeaten in 10 games after tonight.  I really hope attendance is good for both legs.

Much as I hate to admit it, I make Ottawa firm favourites. But in Cup football, anything can happen!

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Lofty said:

Whoa!!

You must be from the English school of football club management!

Yes, Valour have had a poor start to CPL life but give Galey a chance! In any case, as a QPR supporter I can tell you that high coach turnover simply does not work.

I suggest we get behind the coach when he needs it the most -- like right now!

I'm with you Doug.  Some Edmonton supporters were calling to fire Paulus 5 games in and now they love him.  Sacking a manager after 9 games would be a mistake.  We need to give a manager time to work things out.

Edited by MrsC

I really thought that on paper that Valour was one of the top teams at the beginning of the season. There is a lot of parity in the league, so I think it would only take a couple little tweaks to see a big improvement

Judging by the highlights of this match Valour created more than enough chances to get a result, lack of finishing did them in, obviously Petrasso is a big miss for them as well! I think it's too early to call for Gale's head, there's a new season about to start, we all will be on 0 points!