Match Thread: June 26, 2019 - HFX Wanderers v. Valour FC

1).  If you're playing a ball into space for HOYLE to run onto you're misunderstanding how to use the man.  You're attacking movements need work.   A lot of work.

2).  How can we be that bad on dead ball plays?  

3).  Is a regular feeding of Gareth Wheeler making people rethink their opinion of Nigel Reed yet?

4).  Missed the 1st half, was it as arse as the 2nd?

5).  Wanderers 3 wins on the run against Valour.   Wanderful.  

54 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

4).  Missed the 1st half, was it as arse as the 2nd?

As per usual, Valour were the better team for most of the first half, but squandered their chances, got frustrated and gradually faded from the game. A few good saves from the Wanderers keeper, though the shooters could have done better in both instances.

55 minutes ago, Winnipeg Fury said:

So, who's the next coach ?

I'd suggest, from what I see on the pitch, that Gale the football coach has done well. The team plays modern, attractive football, is able to control the games for long stretches and does often look dangerous.

But Gale the general manager, assembler of talent, has a few strikes against him. As I mentioned in another thread, the most glaring holes in the roster are some of the most crucial on a football team: players that keep the ball out of the goal and players who put it in. While the injuries to Golubar and Petrasso (in all likelihood their highest paid players) have hurt, key signings like Murrell, Thomas, and Hoyle have disappointed. Given the prominence given to these players in the pre-season, one imagines the club had expected to be able to rely much more heavily on this bunch to be more effective.

Edited by jonovision

1 hour ago, Lofty said:

Whoa!!

You must be from the English school of football club management!

Yes, Valour have had a poor start to CPL life but give Galey a chance! In any case, as a QPR supporter I can tell you that high coach turnover simply does not work.

I suggest we get behind the coach when he needs it the most -- like right now!

LOL, yes, I was expecting that response.

We have lost 5 in a row now, we can't buy a goal. We are about to start the second season and the team looks shattered.  No confidence.  The same mistakes, over and over.

We all want Rob Gale to succeed, but a Managers job is about results.  If things continue down this path, it won't be long until this question is inevitable.  

12 hours ago, Lofty said:

Whoa!!

You must be from the English school of football club management!

Yes, Valour have had a poor start to CPL life but give Galey a chance! In any case, as a QPR supporter I can tell you that high coach turnover simply does not work.

I suggest we get behind the coach when he needs it the most -- like right now!

I'm with you Doug.  Some Edmonton supporters were calling to fire Paulus 5 games in and now they love him.  Sacking a manager after 9 games would be a mistake.  We need to give a manager time to work things out.

Edited by MrsC

Judging by the highlights of this match Valour created more than enough chances to get a result, lack of finishing did them in, obviously Petrasso is a big miss for them as well! I think it's too early to call for Gale's head, there's a new season about to start, we all will be on 0 points!