1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

He played there the whole game and looked extremely comfortable. Probably his best game of the season so far.

Probably wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be nice if he could provide an upgrade over Zavaleta at that RCB position? 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Probably wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be nice if he could provide an upgrade over Zavaleta at that RCB position? 

Auro - mavinga - van der wiel - morrow - would be an excellent back four.

On 3/30/2018 at 10:23 PM, dyslexic nam said:

Sorry for the noob questions, but do people just walk en masses from Shoeless Joes before game time?

Also, if I have to hit the "will call" kiosk for my tickets, how long in advance will I have to do that? 

The line ups at the will call are long and very slow moving.  I would say, give yourself 30-40 mins.  About two years ago i had the misfortune get a re print there and its slow and frustrating.  They have to check your identity and leave the widow to go to the back.  It takes few minutes to service each customer.

15 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

He played there the whole game and looked extremely comfortable. Probably his best game of the season so far.

It also helps a lot when you have to face Luis Silva as the lone striker (false 9?) up top.  But this was a confidence building performance.

2 hours ago, Free kick said:

The line ups at the will call are long and very slow moving.  I would say, give yourself 30-40 mins.  About two years ago i had the misfortune get a re print there and its slow and frustrating.  They have to check your identity and leave the widow to go to the back.  It takes few minutes to service each customer.

Thanks,. I don't have tha app they use, and didn't see an option for emailed tickets to print, so the will call seemed like the only option.

7 hours ago, Serge said:

Auro - mavinga - van der wiel - morrow - would be an excellent back four.

I was thinking more:

Morrow-------------------------------------Auro

---------Mavinga---Moor------VDW---------

I like the 3-5-2 better, i think it suits this team...

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Last of the naive questions.

- how strict are they about someone taking in a camera bag with a DSLR and a couple of lenses?

I would contact he TFC office to confirm. They've changed security policies for this season. No backpacks allowed any more.

In the past I've seen people using zoom lenses and I've seen them taken away. Probably best to get their permission ahead of time.

2 hours ago, jpg75 said:

I was thinking more:

Morrow-------------------------------------Auro

---------Mavinga---Moor------VDW---------

I like the 3-5-2 better, i think it suits this team...

That is solid aswell however assuming everyone is healthy and that Bradley, vazquez giovinco and altidore are locks then three of Delgado, akteke, hasler and Osorio would not start. With the a back four of auro, vdw, mavinga and morrow, we would have two good midfield options and one good but aging centre D in Moor that could be subbed in. Don't get me wrong i wouldn't call your alternative formation above a mistake at all, I just prefer the more mobile and sufficiently experienced back four. 

1 hour ago, Serge said:

That is solid aswell however assuming everyone is healthy and that Bradley, vazquez giovinco and altidore are locks then three of Delgado, akteke, hasler and Osorio would not start. With the a back four of auro, vdw, mavinga and morrow, we would have two good midfield options and one good but aging centre D in Moor that could be subbed in. Don't get me wrong i wouldn't call your alternative formation above a mistake at all, I just prefer the more mobile and sufficiently experienced back four. 

Yeah in the current formation there will be guys sitting. I guess we'll see lots of squad and formation rotation to get everyone a turn.

4 hours ago, to70 said:

I would contact he TFC office to confirm. They've changed security policies for this season. No backpacks allowed any more.

In the past I've seen people using zoom lenses and I've seen them taken away. Probably best to get their permission ahead of time.

Thanks.  Probably not worth the risk.

4 hours ago, Serge said:

With the pitch conditions they are in TO don't see VV starting in the 3-5-2 system . Bradley,Osorio and Delgado. Could see Vasquez if they go 4-4-2

On 28/3/2018 at 4:30 PM, AvroArrow said:

Perhaps the writer was worried the checker would miss the line if there was only one flag, so he added an "extra" flag to further draw the checker's attention.  Appears to have been unsuccessful.  Should have added a triple flag.

Now I understand why the US missed the WC, too much time playing checkers between flags.

58 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

what happened? I had to go eat dinner...

There was a dust up in the tunnel. A bunch of pushing and shoving but things cooled down. No cards were shown, but the police had to separate the two sides. My favourite part about the whole ordeal was Jozy's self control. It looked like he made a point of not entering the tunnel until everything calmed down. Great win tonight. Now we gotta go into the Azteca and finish the job. Great performance from the Canucks Morgan and Oso as well.

Video of the skirmish from TSN here:

https://www.tsn.ca/must-see/video/must-see-tensions-boil-over-between-tfc-club-america-in-the-tunnel~1361762/must-see-tensions-boil-over-between-tfc-club-america-in-the-tunnel~1361762

3 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Pleasantly surprised to see him stepping in like this and not being an obvious weak link.

He was never a bad defender, he just wasn't good enough going forward and wasn't showing much improvement in his offensive abilities when he was playing regularly. It's hard to tell given the small sample of the last two games if he's really any better than he was then. From what I've seen his crossing is less wayward than it was but still not great. Anyway, it is very good to see him taking his chance so well and I'm hoping we'll see more of him.

Archived