• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delgado gets his first cap for the US coming on for the last five minutes in a friendly against Paraguay, a 1-0 win for the Americans. Bono did not even dress.

Bizarrely, I see that De Andre Yedlin got a yellow card for:

62'
x50.png

DeAndre Yedlin
Reason: Extra flag to checker

No idea what this means - he brought an extra American flag on to the field and gave it to the guy who was checking him?

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

Delgado gets his first cap for the US coming on for the last five minutes in a friendly against Paraguay, a 1-0 win for the Americans. Bono did not even dress.

Bizarrely, I see that De Andre Yedlin got a yellow card for:

62'
x50.png

DeAndre Yedlin
Reason: Extra flag to checker

No idea what this means - he brought an extra American flag on to the field and gave it to the guy who was checking him?

"Flag to checker" is common stat keeping code for "have the fact checker go back and see why he got the card". They mistakenly published it instead of having it private, and no idea what the extra means.

9 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

"Flag to checker" is common stat keeping code for "have the fact checker go back and see why he got the card". They mistakenly published it instead of having it private, and no idea what the extra means.

thanks - I don't feel quite as much like I'm going crazy as I did before.

11 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

Perhaps the writer was worried the checker would miss the line if there was only one flag, so he added an "extra" flag to further draw the checker's attention.  Appears to have been unsuccessful.  Should have added a triple flag.

Through some great coincidence, I just realised that I will be in Toronto on Tuesday night for work and that TFC play Club America in the home leg of the CCL that night.  For some reason, I never made the connection before tonight.  Pretty excited.  Wondering if folks have advice on:

- the best way to get to BMO from the airport Sheraton, and

- a good section at BMO for someone to sit in that balances price and experience. Also, not sure if it is better to be bench-side or facing them and a bit closer to the field.  I don't mind paying for good seats.

Keep in mind I am from PEI, so not really familiar with TO transit - use little words.

And it looks like there are lots of tickets left for sale, so I will wait a bit to get some seating advice, but I don't want to wait too long.

Morgan looked ok toight!  He had some nice ink ups going forward and I think he got an assist.  His cross to Osorio hit him dead center, he could have chested it in.  Nice to see Chapman shake off some rust, and all RIckets did was beat everyone to a rebound and knock Rimando backwards in the next like in the "EARLY MAN" cave man soccer movie.  Also nice to see Jozy take the penalty, seriously Gio, you have to change it up...try the other side just once!!  

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Also, if I have to hit the "will call" kiosk for my tickets, how long in advance will I have to do that? 

Will call is open a couple of hours before and stays open until just after kick-off (not sure exactly how long).

In all the discussion about the late season state of the turf with the Argos sharing BMO, the current early season state of the field is pretty poor right now (perhaps that's to be expected?).  Lots of bobbles and slips by players from both teams last night. 

16 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

In all the discussion about the late season state of the turf with the Argos sharing BMO, the current early season state of the field is pretty poor right now (perhaps that's to be expected?).  Lots of bobbles and slips by players from both teams last night. 

Supposedly the grass will be replaced in May.

22 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Through some great coincidence, I just realised that I will be in Toronto on Tuesday night for work and that TFC play Club America in the home leg of the CCL that night.  For some reason, I never made the connection before tonight.  Pretty excited.  Wondering if folks have advice on:

- the best way to get to BMO from the airport Sheraton, and

- a good section at BMO for someone to sit in that balances price and experience. Also, not sure if it is better to be bench-side or facing them and a bit closer to the field.  I don't mind paying for good seats.

Keep in mind I am from PEI, so not really familiar with TO transit - use little words.

And it looks like there are lots of tickets left for sale, so I will wait a bit to get some seating advice, but I don't want to wait too long.

There is plenty of public transit option from Pearson to downtown if you are looking for something cheap ish. Incl train from Pearson to downtown https://www.upexpress.com/

But if you have the money, might as well just take a cab

9 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Was on the plane last night and just watched the last 20 mins. of the game. Noticed Van der Wiel at RCB, he looked alright. Did he play there all game? Thoughts on his play.

He played there the whole game and looked extremely comfortable. Probably his best game of the season so far.

Archived