• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great game last night.  Awesome atmosphere at BMO.  I loved that the crowd drowned out the CA supporters almost every time they tried to get going.  As soon as you started hearing the drums and chants, the home crowd blasted them with the simple but effective "TFC, stomp stomp stomp, TFC.."

Even the worst of the rain held off until just after the game :)

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:45 PM, Grizzly said:

TFC does not have to worry about CONCACAF reffing in Azteca. I wish we had had an Uzbek ref when the Impact played there.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/04/03/asian-referee-work-tfc-america-2nd-leg-ccl-game-concacaf-afc-exchange

After tomorrow night's match, many people here may end up cursing having had an Uzbek ref for this one.

However, TFC are capable of poaching goals, even if they fall behind.  I really like their chances in Azteca to get the result they need.  I think it's going to be a terrific encounter! 

17 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

After tomorrow night's match, many people here may end up cursing having had an Uzbek ref for this one.

I'll reserve judgement until after the game, but i'm not sure an Uzbek ref is going to be much of an improvement on a CONCACAF ref. In fact i could see the guy falling for dirty Mexican diving tactics.

32 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

I'll reserve judgement until after the game, but i'm not sure an Uzbek ref is going to be much of an improvement on a CONCACAF ref. In fact i could see the guy falling for dirty Mexican diving tactics.

But we have our own Ant that can draw a penalty.  If he falls for the Mexican tactics, he'll fall for Giovinco.  

4 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Gotta start establishing some possesion here.  Sure its awesome to be up one, thats huge.  But if they re going to bunker like this, one wont be enough.  I fear that the injuries are catching up.

You are right though.  No way TFC can absorb this knd of sustained pressure for another hour.

Archived