Confirmed selection for the september game against Jamaica

shamrock

1 minute ago, Rheo said:

Molinaro on the roster http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/atiba-hutchinson-canada-octavio-zambrano-jamaica-friendly/

but to answer questions about "Four notable players who played for Canada at the Gold Cup are not on this roster: midfielder Scott Arfield, defender Steven Vitoria, goalkeeper Milan Borjan and forward Lucas Cavallini. None of the players refused Zambrano’s call-up. Instead, they were given this game off because their respective club seasons just started, a Canada Soccer official told Sportsnet. The same official said that Hutchinson hasn’t made any decision as to whether he’ll play for Canada in the next round of World Cup qualifying."

If I remember correctly he said at the time that 2018 WCQ would "likely" be his last...so I guess that wasn't a definitive confirmation. I guess even now at 34 he is still playing at a high level...arguably the highest of any of the national team members outside of Arfield. Though I'd find it hard to believe at what..37 years old...he'd be playing in WCQ's...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, matty said:

Thought: Does the NASL matter to the MNT anymore? Beyond Ledgerwood and Jakovic, I feel like the NASL isn't rated anymore

When has it mattered? I don't count Camp Poutine because well you don't have that many choices because you can get most of the top players.

1 hour ago, Blackdude said:

When has it mattered? I don't count Camp Poutine because well you don't have that many choices because you can get most of the top players.

You saw a number of calls during the Floro era, mostly on the bench. Plus Fury and FCE players were semi regular

7 minutes ago, matty said:

You saw a number of calls during the Floro era, mostly on the bench. Plus Fury and FCE players were semi regular

FCE is also bad this season compared to the last few years. I'm sure it has more to do with that and the increased number of players in MLS than anything else.

People want an end to Nasl players with the CMNT?

Wel, we need some CBs, in MLS or anywhere for that matter to actually play. Our CB pool is pathetic.

TFC = no Canadian CB.

Montreal = Canadian CB loaned to USL.

Vancouver = One Canadian CB out with season ending injury.

Rest of MLS= No Canadian CBs.

I understand Atiba probably won't be with us for WC qualifying but I hope this isn't a send off. His guidance, leadership and experience could prove to be invaluable to a young (and large) group of talented players that will be our core for the next ten years.

1 hour ago, Soccerpro said:

People want an end to Nasl players with the CMNT?

Wel, we need some CBs, in MLS or anywhere for that matter to actually play. Our CB pool is pathetic.

TFC = no Canadian CB.

Montreal = Canadian CB loaned to USL.

Vancouver = One Canadian CB out with season ending injury.

Rest of MLS= No Canadian CBs.

Haha are you serious? We have a bunch of CBs ,they haven't been called up. You need to get out your MLS/North America bubble 

Kosovar Sadiki

Andre Hainault

Luca Gasparotto

Derek Cornelius

Tristan Grant

Karl Ouimette

Milovan Kapor

Adam Straith*

Steven Vitória*

Manjrekar James*

Dejan Jakovic*

Andrew Lebre

*Fikayo Tomori

*Ricardo Ferreira

11 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Haha are you serious? We have a bunch of CBs ,they haven't been called up. You need to get out your MLS/North America bubble 

Kosovar Sadiki

Andre Hainault

Luca Gasparotto

Derek Cornelius

Tristan Grant

Karl Ouimette

Milovan Kapor

Adam Straith*

Steven Vitória*

Manjrekar James*

Dejan Jakovic*

Andrew Lebre

*Fikayo Tomori

*Ricardo Ferreira

I can't take you seriously with this list. 

7 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Why because they don't play in the MLS ? 

No because Tomori and Ferreira are not in our player pool... Shall we call up Opare aswell?

42 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

They are duels and they could come on  aboard at anytime, that's why I put a star beside their names.

Well like Cristante don't get your hopes up

2 hours ago, SpecialK said:

When Canada starts playing top teams or WCQ, Cristante and others well join.

Oh yea, because one of the reasons players would want to switch to Canada is  us playing certain teams in friendlies

Speaking of cristante. He went 75 mins today in a 1-0 home loss to roma. Atalanta were all over them in the final minutes. Were unlucky to not pick up a draw. I dont think last year was a fluke. I can see them fighting for a europa league place this year. 

Archived