Confirmed selection for the september game against Jamaica

shamrock

4 hours ago, canta15 said:

Oh yea, because one of the reasons players would want to switch to Canada is  us playing certain teams in friendlies

players want to play against England, France, Brazil, Germany, Spain, Colombia, Argentina, Sweden etc and play in World Cups. Once Canada starts playing against the world's best, we will get all our duels and players who hardly played for Canada. I bet there are some players  that we have never thought of come out with a connection to Canada.

Why would Cristante and others, come and play for Canada when we play against shit teams ? I'm sorry but the truth hurts.

I hope the CSA listen to Oz and they start booking big teams

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

players want to play against England, France, Brazil, Germany, Spain, Colombia, Argentina, Sweden etc and play in World Cups. Once Canada starts playing against the world's best, we will get all our duels and players who hardly played for Canada. I bet there are some players  that we have never thought of come out with a connection to Canada.

Why would Cristante and others, come and play for Canada when we play against shit teams ? I'm sorry but the truth hurts.

I don't know, why does Premier Leaguer Scott Arfield travel halfway around the world to play shit teams? And why does he always go on about how much he enjoys it?

5 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Because Scotland/Gordon Strachan, didn't want him ! 

It seemed like you were trying to make the argument that dual nationals don't want to play for Canada because we play against shit teams. So for those who have a chance to play for another nation, like Cristante, they will not play for us because of the opposition we face but if they're turned down by another nation they'll over look that, like Arfied, and decide to play for Canada?

22 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Just by reading this comment, I lost a good chunk of my brain cells

On 8/20/2017 at 6:07 PM, SpecialK said:

This is a truly awful post

8 hours ago, BleepBlap said:

This is a truly awful post

These are teams Canada has played from past 2007-2017

Key note - year/result/ FIFA world ranking of team at the year of the game Also if in the result column has a  double  letter in it it means they play twice in the same year .

If my math is right ( it could be wrong lol ) but Canada has only play 30 games in the past 10 years against top 50 teams.

canada has only played 22 games at home in 10 years

just look at the teams the USA and  Australia (who is very similar to Canada with  population and economy ) has played : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_men's_national_soccer_team_results

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_national_soccer_team_results

Canada needs to play against better teams! And the BS about us not playing enough CONCACAF teams, will just take a look. Also  CONCACAF is  considered a joke in world soccer.

Bermuda - 2007/W/ 147 -  2016/W/185
Venezuela- 2007/D/62 - 2010/D/60
Costa Rica - 2007 / W D/ 70 - 2009/D/44 - 2013 / L / 31 - 2015/ D/ 37 - 2017/D/ 21
Guadeloupe - 2007/L/NA - 2011/W/NA
Haiti - 2007/ W/ 69
Guatemala - 2007/W/106 - 2009/W/121 - 2015/W/ 94
USA- 2007/L/19 - 2011/L/34 - 2012/D/28 - 2013/D/14 - 2016/L/28
Iceland - 2007/ D/ 92 - 2015 / L D / 36
South Africa-2007/L/77
Martinique 2008/W/NA - 2013/L/NA
Estonia -2008/L/119
Brazil- 2008/L/5
Panama- 2008/D/88 - 2011/D/49 - 2013/D/38 - 2014/D/57
Saint Vincent - 2008-/WW/133
Jamaica- 2008/D/65 - 2009/W/81 - 2010/L/58 - 2014/W/75 - 2015/L/54 - 2017/L/57
Honduras - 2008/L/40 - 2009/L/37 - 2010/W/59 - 2012/DL/58 - 2015/W/101
 - 2016/L/75 - 2017/D/75
Mexico - 2008/LD/26 - 2013/L/21 - 2016/LL/ 18
Cyprus- 2009/W/68
El Salvador-2009/W/78 - 2015/DD/99 - 2016 /W/139
Macedonia - 2009/L/65
Poland-2009/L/58
Argentina-2010/L/5
Peru -2010/L/68
Ukraine-2010/D/34
Greece- 2011/L/14
Belarus- 2011/W/64 - 2013/L/81
Ecuador-2011/D/42
Puerto Rico-2011/WD/108 - 2015/W/172
Saint Kitts -2011/ DW /116
Saint Lucia-2011 / WW/185
Armenia -2012 /L/ 75
Cuba- 2012 / WW /100
Trinidad and Tobago - 2012/W/68
Japan- 2013/L/47
Denmark - 2013/L/25
Mauritania - 2013/DL/142  - 2016/W/108
Australia - 2013 / L / 75
Czech Republic - 2013 / L/ 28
Slovenia -2013/L/29
Columbia - 2014 / L / 3
Moldova - 2014 / D / 121
Bulgaria - 2014 / D/ 66
Dominica - 2015 / W W / 176
Ghana - 2015 / D / 33
Belize - 2015 / W D / 127
South Korea - 2016 / L / 37
Azerbaijan - 2016 / D / 90
Uzbekistan - 2016 / W / 62
Morocco - 2016 / L / 62
Scotland - 2017 / D / 58
Curaçao - 2017 / W / 86
French Guiana - 2017 / W / NA

@SpecialK You expect us to look through all of Australia's and the USA's games without stating a summary smh... How about stating if those games came from the numerous Confederation and World Cups each team has participated in.

And wow in the one wiki page I looked at on Australia's friendlies, none were "world superpowers" What. A. Surprise. 

28 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

These are teams Canada has played from past 2007-2017

If my math is right Canada has only play 30 games in the past 10 years against top 50 teams.

Canada needs to play against better teams! And the BS about us not playing enough CONCACAF teams, will just take a look. Also  CONCACAF is  considered a joke in world soccer.

30 games against top-50 teams in 10 years is more than enough. That's an average of 3 a year! I am definitely in the "we need to play more games against regional opponents" camp. Canada needs to get used to - and expect to - get results in Central America if qualifying for a World Cup out of this "joke" region (as you say) is ever going to happen!

We should be playing more home/away matches against the likes of Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras, Guatemala, TnT, Jamaica, El Salvador, Haiti, Cuba, etc. Throw in USA and Mexico matches if you want a "sexy" opponent...

3 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

30 games against top-50 teams in 10 years is more than enough. That's an average of 3 a year! I am definitely in the "we need to play more games against regional opponents" camp. Canada needs to get used to - and expect to - get results in Central America if qualifying for a World Cup out of this "joke" region (as you say) is ever going to happen!

We should be playing more home/away matches against the likes of Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras, Guatemala, TnT, Jamaica, El Salvador, Haiti, Cuba, etc. Throw in USA and Mexico matches if you want a "sexy" opponent...

Agreed. Playing "super powers" is useless if we can't beat teams from our own region.

11 minutes ago, canta15 said:

@SpecialK You expect us to look through all of Australia's and the USA's games without stating a summary smh... How about stating if those games came from the numerous Confederation and World Cups each team has participated in.

And wow in the one wiki page I looked at on Australia's friendlies, none were "world superpowers" What. A. Surprise. 

Fine I'll make it lazy for you. 

Australia  friendlies  from 2010 to 2017 teams

2010-  New Zealand Denmark USA  Slovenia  Switzerland  Poland Paraguay 

2011-  UAE Germany New Zealand Serbia wales

2012 -  Denmark Scotland Lebanon South Korea 

2013 -  Romania Brazil France Canada Costa Rica 

2014-  Ecuador South Africa Croatia Belgium Japan UAE Saudi Arabia Qatar 

2015 -  Germany Macedonia 

2016 -  England Greece( twice)

2017- Brazil 

Our players are not gonna get notice or be allowed to play in better league if Canada does do better against better teams. If Canada doesn't become "sexy option" " respected in world soccer, duels are not gonna come and our talented players with options are gonna go somewhere else. Haven't we lost enough players to other nations.  We keep on playing against CONCACAF teams and Lower end teams and we don't get better and we don't make World Cups. So why don't we change things around. 

14 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Fine I'll make it lazy for you. 

Australia  friendlies  from 2010 to 2017 teams

2010-  New Zealand Denmark USA  Slovenia  Switzerland  Poland Paraguay 

2011-  UAE Germany New Zealand Serbia wales

2012 -  Denmark Scotland Lebanon South Korea 

2013 -  Romania Brazil France Canada Costa Rica 

2014-  Ecuador South Africa Croatia Belgium Japan UAE Saudi Arabia Qatar 

2015 -  Germany Macedonia 

2016 -  England Greece( twice)

2017- Brazil 

Don't make a point, give a proof, and fail to explain it.

And in response to your second point, I'm sorry but this man is too stupid to not be from vancouver

23 minutes ago, canta15 said:

Don't make a point, give a proof, and fail to explain it.

And in response to your second point, I'm sorry but this man is too stupid to not be from vancouver

Ok so I give a example of  Australia playing friendlies against some amazing teams. Their players don't have to run off to other nations to play against the big boys, they make world cups, there are a lot of  Australian players playing in the top leagues in Europe. 

USA plays almost  double the amount of families against CONCACAF teams and the big boys.  United States is gaining duel nationals like crazy, it's also part of their policy from USA soccer to get duel nationals. They make World Cups, and are not laughing joke. Oh ya too THEY make so much money hosting games and  sponsors.

hahaha you guys are saying we should keep doing what we are doing, praying and hope other nations don't call up guys so we can get them.  Play  against  shit teams, and don't go to World Cups and be broke  financially. Oh wait this the best part, put all our hope for  domestic league to produce players, the funny part about that  Canada's population is based majority on immigrants, so  majority of players will have options to other nations. Also the CPL will be a lower end league for a while until it gets going . So that could take years . 

I'm going to try to squeeze this simple idea into your thick skull. Duel-Nationals choosing to join Canada and playing "big" nations in meaningless friendlies have NO correlation 

36 minutes ago, canta15 said:

I'm going to try to squeeze this simple idea into your thick skull. Duel-Nationals choosing to join Canada and playing "big" nations in meaningless friendlies have NO correlation 

Players want to play against big nations.  Athletes in general want to play against the best. Question how many players as Canada lost? And why?  Also how many young Canadian players are playing for other nations? 

Your telling me, if a head coach of Canada goes to Cristante or Ferreira or  others says look guys, Canada has some young good talent here and we going to playing against the same teams that Italy and  Portugal are going to be playing, and you guys are gonna be key parts our team, your telling me that's not gonna help?!? Come on canta! 

Read up on the articles of American duels nationals who were born in Germany and now playing for the US team. Also those players come in to the us program young!

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

Players want to play against big nations.  Athletes in general want to play against the best. Question how many players as Canada lost? And why?  Also how many young Canadian players are playing for other nations? 

Your telling me, if a head coach of Canada goes to Cristante or Ferreira or  others says look guys, Canada has some young good talent here and we going to playing against the same teams that Italy and  Portugal are going to be playing, and you guys are gonna be key parts our team, your telling me that's not gonna help?!? Come on canta! 

Read up on the articles of American duels nationals who were born in Germany and now playing for the US team. Also those players come in to the us program young!

See the difference between you wanting us to play the same teams as Italy and Germany is that they play in OFFICIAL COMPETIONS LIKE THE WORLD CUP and we play in meaningless friendlies that no one gives a damn about.

From your logic, if Suriname and Curacao set up friendlies with "top teams" they would have half of the Dutch national team

44 minutes ago, canta15 said:

See the difference between you wanting us to play the same teams as Italy and Germany is that they play in OFFICIAL COMPETIONS LIKE THE WORLD CUP and we play in meaningless friendlies that no one gives a damn about.

From your logic, if Suriname and Curacao set up friendlies with "top teams" they would have half of the Dutch national team

Other nations play teams like England, France, Italy , Germany in friendlies, it helps development , shows off what we have, brings in huge money, it's shows the World Canada is not some piss ant. I know for a fact you bring in a nation like those, you'll have 40-60 thousand who give a damn and  imagine if we win or get a tie. Oz said it him self Canada needs to play against the best.

even if Germany brought its B/C team it would better then any other team in CONCACAF ( other then Mexico or USA). We are going to be playing the big boys in World Cups so why not get ready ! Maybe you don't care how Canada does in World Cups and just happy to be there but for me I'm not! I want Canada to win some games.

my  logic and thinking is Canada needs to start playing against better competition we have young talent right now and we have some players who are very good for sitting on the sidelines we need to do everything in our power,  to show them and the world that we mean business, and that they will get the same treatment, opportunities and play against the same teams that Italy Portugal Belgium England Northern Ireland USA and Mexico play. Canada as lost enough players to other nations and sat in the basement of World Soccer. It's time to set up. And I can't believe you can't get behind that and you call yourself a Canadian Soccer fan. Why is  mediocre acceptable to you ? 

Archived