Alphonso Davies shames Owen Hargreaves.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dr.Dre said:

I guess with all the hate Owen gets, I won't wear my signed Hargreaves's Manchester United jersey at any Voyageurs event... 

No club gear allowed. But, if you get him to sign your Canada jersey you can wear that? Pat Carrasco might egg you though....

3 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I've been away too long, the ghost of Luis Rancagua is back. Holy smokes, talk about a blast from the past..

More of a reincarnation, but yes.

1 hour ago, Dr.Dre said:

I guess with all the hate Owen gets, I won't wear my signed Hargreaves's Manchester United jersey at any Voyageurs event... 

At the Canada vs Jamaica World Cup qualifier in 2008 at BMO, some dimwit glory hunter did wear a Manu whoregreaves shirt and to top off his cluelessness, sat in the Voyageurs section. Fortunately, this guy was razzed all during the match and I never seen him at a Canada match since then.

But this was a time when the equally clueless Canadian sports media thought whoregreaves playing for Manu and England was a great accomplishment for Canadians to revel in.  

Calgarian has his eye on the big leagues: Owen Hargreaves has chance to be first Canadian on top European club

By Stephen Ewart, Calgary Herald, Calgary Herald
MUNICH - Sun Apr 16, 2000 

...Canada recently climbed to 63rd in the world, in the FIFA rankings after upset victories in February over highly rated Mexico and Colombia en route to winning its first major tournament ever, the Gold Cup. 

Hargreaves says he has committed to Canada despite a brouhaha last year over the possibility he would play for Wales, where his mother was born. When he accepted an invitation to play in a tournament for the Welsh youth team it sparked a nationalistic
debate in the Canadian media.

He now makes it clear he is Canadian and wants to play for Canada. 

"That's been the dream of mine since I was a kid,'' he says. "I hope it comes true.'' 

http://www.network54.com/Forum/4693/message/955973306/Here+is+article

Oh good I was looking for an Alphonso Davies thread to post in. Thanks for starting one. 

Oh, sorry.

Re-read the opening post this is actually an Owen Hargreaves thread. Oh good I was looking for an Owen Hargreaves thread. Thanks for starting one. 

Oh, sorry.

We have a billion of those too.

S.P.A.M.

I know for a fact that actions by senior CSA folks were a major factor in his turning his back on Canada. Some fucking suit enraged him with ridiculous threats when he turned down a U20 invite as he was just coming off a major injury. Being cut from the U17 team a couple of years earlier (along with Julian deGuzman and Mike Klukowski - arguably the most successful trio of that age group) didn't help either.

2 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

Calgarian has his eye on the big leagues: Owen Hargreaves has chance to be first Canadian on top European club

By Stephen Ewart, Calgary Herald, Calgary Herald
MUNICH - Sun Apr 16, 2000 

...Canada recently climbed to 63rd in the world, in the FIFA rankings after upset victories in February over highly rated Mexico and Colombia en route to winning its first major tournament ever, the Gold Cup. 

Hargreaves says he has committed to Canada despite a brouhaha last year over the possibility he would play for Wales, where his mother was born. When he accepted an invitation to play in a tournament for the Welsh youth team it sparked a nationalistic
debate in the Canadian media.

He now makes it clear he is Canadian and wants to play for Canada. 

"That's been the dream of mine since I was a kid,'' he says. "I hope it comes true.'' 

http://www.network54.com/Forum/4693/message/955973306/Here+is+article

Network54. Beauty!

On 7/8/2017 at 10:51 AM, Pat Carrasco said:

As of last night,  Alphonso Davies is my hero. Owen Hargreaves you are not Canadian even though you were born at Calgary General. Your nothing but a loser. I have no respect for you. You could go back to Wales and surrender your Canadian passport. Sorry guys but I'm NOT letting this go.

Should have followed your old advice from here

On 9/19/2005 at 9:25 AM, Luis_Rancagua said:

Please, don't bring-up this scum-bag no more.

Archived