Alphonso Davies shames Owen Hargreaves.

As of last night,  Alphonso Davies is my hero. Owen Hargreaves you are not Canadian even though you were born at Calgary General. Your nothing but a loser. I have no respect for you. You could go back to Wales and surrender your Canadian passport. Sorry guys but I'm NOT letting this go.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, nolando said:

Strange timing to focus on old zeroes instead new heroes.

One day, I will egg Owen Hargreaves house in Calgary. I will even ban this guy from attending any youth academies in the province of Alberta. I hate this guy so badly. Davies has finally revived my deep hatred that have for that fucking scum bag. I even saw him once at the CN Tower and gave the guy an ugly look. The only advice that Hargreaves offers to our youth is the following: Don't play for Canada. Is that a role model? Hargreaves shouldn't be near any kids.

17 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Hargreaves should be appointed as CSA ambassador to dual national youth in time to persuade Davies to play for Liberia before he becomes permanently cap-tied next Tuesday.

He's already cap tied. We had this situation with Borjan in 2011 v guadelupe 

I really want OH to be a irl troll and become super involved with the CPL. I would find it very funny if he founded a Calgary team and created the single best academy in Canada so all his haters would be emotionally confused.

4 hours ago, matty said:

I really want OH to be a irl troll and become super involved with the CPL. I would find it very funny if he founded a Calgary team and created the single best academy in Canada so all his haters would be emotionally confused.

CPL cucking their supporters with Hargreaves.

[/runs as matty has steam out his ears]

I love that the worst thing you did was give him an ugly look. That's something that I would do to someone I hate and think to myself how I showed him. It's also the most Canadian hater thing to do

I agree with the general sentiment of wtf in this thread. I too thought fonsy had said something!

6 hours ago, Pat Carrasco said:

One day, I will egg Owen Hargreaves house in Calgary. I will even ban this guy from attending any youth academies in the province of Alberta. I hate this guy so badly. Davies has finally revived my deep hatred that have for that fucking scum bag. I even saw him once at the CN Tower and gave the guy an ugly look. The only advice that Hargreaves offers to our youth is the following: Don't play for Canada. Is that a role model? Hargreaves shouldn't be near any kids.

You're going to egg Hargreaves' house? Is 15 your age or your IQ? Stay out of my city you idiot. 

The reason why I mention Hargreaves working with the youth of Alberta is because his father once said an interview with the Calgary Herald (10 years ago) that my son will always give back to the youth of this province. My son is ready to open up youth academies in both Edmonton and Calgary. This is the way how my son will contribute to the growth of Canadian soccer. Now, will any of you guys take your kids to an academy run by this piece of shit? Be honest.

LMAO. I've always admired Milan for the reason he decided to play for Canada. He and his family got a second chance at life and it was his way of saying thank you. Too many others like OH, JDG2 and Teal were just ungrateful mercenaries.

Big thanks to all who have turned this around. Tesho, Cyle and all the others.

1 hour ago, Brethers8 said:

I love that the worst thing you did was give him an ugly look. That's something that I would do to someone I hate and think to myself how I showed him. It's also the most Canadian hater thing to do

I agree with the general sentiment of wtf in this thread. I too thought fonsy had said something!

I would have praised Fonzie if he openly threw Hargreaves under the bus. Shows how dedicated he would be to the program

11 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

OH set this program back 15 years. We're only now recovering from the years of defections he set in motion.  

Sometimes it's ok to hate and hold grudges.

Agree with that 100%... lost every ounce of respect for the guy when I heard is cheesey as S%#? attempted at an English accent, in a BBC interview while he was playing for Bayern and hadn't lived a day of his life in England.

Also I've always thought OH turned down the opportunity to be the Milos Roanic of Canadian soccer. I.e. the guy that capture a national spotlight and brings his sport into the mainstream of Canadian consciousness. Getting back to Davies, perhaps Hargreave's mist opportunity is Davies' for the taking.

MODs: definitely DONT delete this thread! 

to all OH haters: not trying to pick a fight, but i have a few things i wish to say on this. how many of u know that as a youth, OH was snubbed by the national jr programs? seeing how this country continuously produces and develops top class talent, u can forgive this breakout teenager, for turning his back on the national program cant u? not the same, but very same: dyk brett hull was snubbed as a youth and thats why he chose to play for the americans?

back on OH, bayern munich, a team he had never heard of (he said this), came over because a friend of a friend's father or something came over to watch him. kid looked good so they took a cheap risk and brought him into their youth system. of course he went and it totally makes sense that he credits his development to the BM academy.

building upon that, ENG were made aware, then WAL got a sniff, heck even die maanschafft were quicker to react than the CDN program. with these big options available, how could he possibly come back to put on the maple leaf?! many said at the time that if he choose one of those nations, he would be no more than a weak link on a strong chain. in reality, he became a better player than expected at every level.

the reason why im defending OH so vigorously is b/c the reasons why u guys are vilifying him, are being obnoxiously hippocritical. u all hate OH b/c he turned his back on his country of birth. 

AD is all of ure lord, saviour, holy mighty god of salvation, but guess what?   AD ___ ___ ____ on his country of birth.

this is where the nation's highest football iq gather. tell me im wrong and that u guys are NOT hippocrites.  reply, comment, correct pls. ‎

Posters like Anthony Totera's main booster on here Pat Carrasco use this as a way to virtue signal how hard core they are about their support of the CMNT and people do that sort of thing on soccer messageboards all around the world, so there is nothing unusual in that. He should have played for Canada as that was clearly where he had the strongest basis to play in eligibility terms and deserves some criticism for his decision, but how many people can honestly say that they would turn down the chance to start regularly for a team that usually gets to around the quarter final stage in World Cups, so they can play for a team that struggles to reach the hex, if they had been in his shoes? It's easy to say you would turn down the chance to play on the greatest stage there is for a soccer player when there was or will be zero chance of it ever happening in your case. The constructive way to move forward is to strengthen Canadian soccer to the point that it's a lot easier for future Owen Hargreaves type players to see the CMNT as a viable vehichle to reach the World Cup. Launching the 48 team era from 2026 onwards with a co-hosting is going to make that easier.

Archived